Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

So one of our members on 182online (dont think they're on here) pasted the bass guitar post Tom made on our board. now he's been banned from the collectors group.

just a word of warning to anyone on both who want to share news. maybe send it via PM to someone who doesn't have an account there, so it can't be traced to you. 

So one of our members on 182online (dont think they're on here) pasted the bass guitar post Tom made on our board. now he's been banned from the collectors group.

just a word of warning to anyone on both who want to share news. maybe send it via PM to someone who doesn't have an account there, so it can't be traced to you. 

What bass guitar post?  :shock:

What bass guitar post?  :shock:

Mark posted about all of his previous basses, just gear info. the point is more an admin on the collectors group saw he shared it and clearly got pissed. so my point is, if your in the collectors group, be careful about posting marks stuff onward if you dont wanna get banned there. 

Mark posted about all of his previous basses, just gear info. the point is more an admin on the collectors group saw he shared it and clearly got pissed. so my point is, if your in the collectors group, be careful about posting marks stuff onward if you dont wanna get banned there. 

Oh right yeah, I was confused because you said Tom originally.

good to know. i participated in that discussion, and yes, thought it wise not to share anything.

right. and i'm not smart enough to guess his motives or intentions. but i think the respectful thing to do would be to err on the side of caution. i think a mod should have messaged him and asked if it was ok to share his post. but that's just my two cents. anywho... looking forward to new music in the future.

i do think they should record and tour under a new name. but that's a different topic...

This is true, and I think we will get the answer to our question if he ever posts on there again.

yup, and it's pretty fucking lame that people leaked it.

lol give me a break...

everything he has posted in there has been instantly "leaked" for years. if he didn't want people knowing he wouldn't post it on facebook anywhere. especially not to random fanboys.

that facebook group is pretty awesome, some interesting stuff is posted. but i don't get the elitist mentality. yeah, Mark posts in there once every few months...probably because it's low key and simple. I don't see why other fanboys on other message boards can't get this information.

• Like 2

lol give me a break...

everything he has posted in there has been instantly "leaked" for years. if he didn't want people knowing he wouldn't post it on facebook anywhere. especially not to random fanboys.

that facebook group is pretty awesome, some interesting stuff is posted. but i don't get the elitist mentality. yeah, Mark posts in there once every few months...probably because it's low key and simple. I don't see why other fanboys on other message boards can't get this information.

i don't get the elitist mentality either. but posting screencaps of threads from that page is tactically foolish.

Considering Alkaline Trio intends to go into the studio at the beginning of next year, I'm inclined to think that the new album will be done by the end of this year.

I'd keep you expectations at the floor. You might be right, but knowing Blink's past trajectory, it's not a good idea to expect much. They could just kick out a few tunes or record half the album and return to it later, who knows. Do we even know if we're getting an album or EP at this point?

And thinking this could be the best thing for Blink is also wishful thinking. I mean, you're right, it could be, just like I could win the lottery tomorrow. It's a similar situation as thinking an athlete in his early 40s could put up a career year when he's clearly past his prime. 

I'd keep you expectations at the floor. You might be right, but knowing Blink's past trajectory, it's not a good idea to expect much. They could just kick out a few tunes or record half the album and return to it later, who knows. Do we even know if we're getting an album or EP at this point?

And thinking this could be the best thing for Blink is also wishful thinking. I mean, you're right, it could be, just like I could win the lottery tomorrow. It's a similar situation as thinking an athlete in his early 40s could put up a career year when he's clearly past his prime. 

I wont be disappointed if it isn't done that quickly.  I just think knowing that Alkaline Trio records early next year leads me to believe that they intend to get the album done before the end of the year.  But again, not done until this time next year, I honestly have no issue with that.

I'm not expecting the album to be the best thing blink has done.  I'm just saying that it's absolutely a possibilitiy.  To dismiss that possibility before the album happens, or worse to come at it with the mentality that the album will be weak at best because it lack's Tom would be doing an injustice to both the album and your first listening experience of the new album.  I have no expectations for the new album.  I'm just coming at it with an open mind.  Sure it could suck ass, but it also could be the best thing the band's ever released.  Point is, time will tell, to dismiss the possibility before it comes would be foolish and will only hurt your own perception of how good the album truly is.

So because a few of you are part of some snobby little elitist group, news about the new album shouldn't be shared to any of us regular blink fans in case it scares Mark away from your group?

He's not fucking Bambi, he knows how the internet works; fucking get over yourselves.

• Like 4

So because a few of you are part of some snobby little elitist group, news about the new album shouldn't be shared to any of us regular blink fans in case it scares Mark away from your group?

He's not fucking Bambi, he knows how the internet works; fucking get over yourselves.

This, I can't see it any other way.