Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

if they had stuck with the enema sound, they'd be as cringeworthy as current day NFG. I'm glad they evolved in some respect, or at least sounded different because otherwise it would just be a little bit sad. can you imagine them coming out with something like Whats My Age again in their 40s? 

They did that with Even If She Falls, and to a lesser extent, Natives.

Even If She Falls sounds straight off of Enema/TOYPAJ. 

They also did it with Pretty Little Girl but the lyrics reflect their age, minus the gangster rap shit. 

Yeah TOYPAJ is an amazing album. I actually like it better than Enema.

I've just been embarrassed to brag it up since everyone trashes it these days.

That said, there are some cringy moments on that album that I could do without. First Date and Happy Holidays mostly.

• Like 3

It's my second fave after Dude Ranch. Story of a Lonely Guy is usually in my like, top 5 or top 10 tracks. I fucking love that song, don't massively know why. and theres others that are just close to my heart like Time To Break Up and Give Me One Good Reason and fuck me, remember the typography video for Online Songs? it rekindled my love for the track.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1RA5-Y2a8

Can't believe people are giving grief to Take Off...such a ridiculously good album. Anthem Part II, Shut Up, Everytime I Look For You, Please Take Me Home...so fucking good!

some of my favorite tracks off jacket (and every blink fan i grew up with, in 2001, they called it "jacket" ... don't know what this "TOYPAJ" crap is, is that a star trek series? j.k. kids) are the non-joke bonus tracks: don't tell that it's over, time to break up, and what went wrong. although please take me home is my favorite on the entire album. one of blink's best songs, imo.

• Like 1

Yeah TOYPAJ is an amazing album. I actually like it better than Enema.

I've just been embarrassed to brag it up since everyone trashes it these days.

That said, there are some cringy moments on that album that I could do without. First Date and Happy Holidays mostly.

this

"I need to have a gear sale, I have so much stuff that I don't use... The things I need to actually tour are just a few cases. This shit needs to live with other musicians. Anybody need gear?"

Tom Delonge ladies and gentlemen...

It's frustrating! now mark and travis seem to start doing a new record and tom is closer then ever to stop touring for ever. I'd love anothe full length with Ilan and a proper tour.

It was a rad time having +44 and AvA around at the same time.....

also, even though I'm new here : *waiting for ghent claiming tom is going broke *

TOYPAJ is great. it took me a long time to get that way, though. i became a fan pretty late in the game (2008-09), and i always viewed TOYPAJ as a cash-in on enema's sound (which they've said before was a result of the label's restrictions). it also seems like pandering hardcore, what with all its teenage songs, particularly shit like first date. later on i was able to better appreciate what makes it stand out from enema and how they evolved on it. please take me home's in my top 10.

dude ranch is my personal favorite blink record because the lyrics are so honest/sincere and the songs are so fast. but i love them all almost equally, save for neighborhoods maybe. untitled typically gets my vote for their all-over masterpiece. but enema is without a doubt their "classic" album, the one that sold and influenced millions, something that just defines their sound and is a blast from start to finish.

i would cut aliens exist, going away to college, what's my age again, adam's song, all the small things, and mutt. then it's a pretty nice album.

... but... but... but it's adam's song?! what the hell is wrong with adam's song?... 

• Like 1

dude ranch is my personal favorite blink record because the lyrics are so honest/sincere and the songs are so fast. but i love them all almost equally, save for neighborhoods maybe. untitled typically gets my vote for their all-over masterpiece. but enema is without a doubt their "classic" album, the one that sold and influenced millions, something that just defines their sound and is a blast from start to finish.

You just summed up exactly how I feel with the band. Dude Ranch will always be my favourite just because of the lyrics. 

• Like 1

... but... but... but it's adam's song?! what the hell is wrong with adam's song?... 

slow, musically uninteresting, morose... when the video came out, we threw stuff at the tv.

and it was AFTER the one-two punch of

what's my age again: OMG blink-ripping-themselves-off garbage...they managed to write [carousel / m+m's / dammit / untitled / i'm sorry] over again and just make it slower???

and all the small things: most of us just vomited at this top 40 teenie-bopper crap instead of throwing things