Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Can't wait till I wake up one morning realising that blink have dropped a single over night and I have 60 million pages to read through while I listen to the single on repeat. Good times ahead nqat

Yeah this is why I check this board every day when I wake up ... That feeling of hearing a new blink song is epic .... But imagine that feeling 100times better now we know it can't be anything but epic

also wonder if we will get a album making dvd of some sorts 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DS95 said:

What are you guys hoping for in terms of guitar? - I'm interested to see if Skiba will step outside his comfort zone of octave chords and try a few more lead and solo parts,

Well I'm hoping the sound is like what he produced on his solo album Babylon .... That was proper nice sounding guitars, as for solos and riffs I would like to hear a few , but blink have never had wild guitar shredding in them 

but I'm sure what ever he does will be epic 

• Like 2

I strongly believe that this album will be really good, because to my ears, Matt's songwriting has become better and better if you count the last two Alkaline albums! Which I believe is their best work in my opinion!

As for guitar sound: He plays on Orange, you CAN'T go wrong with Orange! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, madgaz182 said:

Well I'm hoping the sound is like what he produced on his solo album Babylon .... That was proper nice sounding guitars, as for solos and riffs I would like to hear a few , but blink have never had wild guitar shredding in them 

but I'm sure what ever he does will be epic 

I do like the guitar tone on Babylon/Kuts, but don't really think it'd fit well with Blink. I was curious as I can only think of two Trio songs with any lead in them (Sadie + Midnight Blue) and was pleasantly surprised to see Matt shredding M + M's last Feb as I thought it was well out of his capabilities (I think he mentioned in an interview he couldn't care less for lead parts, scales, solos etc.)

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

M+M's isn't even out of a ten year old's guitar playing capabilities. 

Not everyone can play songs that fast, I've played guitar for ages but still can't palm mute for more than 10 seconds without getting wrist cramp haha. Depends on your perspective I guess but I wouldn't class it as an "easy" song.

• Like 2

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

Well compared to almost every other blink song, the M+M's riff is pretty hard. Haha.

Yeah + I forgot that this is the internet, where everyone can play stairway to heavens backwards, with their teeth, while riding a unicycle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

alright, well i still think its pretty ridiculous to assume that Matt Skiba wouldn't be capable of playing it.

Oh yeah, I didn't notice anyone making that assumption. But of course he'd be able to play it.

Me on the other hand, I struggle.

Matt actually played it differently than Tom though if I'm remembering correctly.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kevin. said:

alright, well i still think its pretty ridiculous to assume that Matt Skiba wouldn't be capable of playing it.

It was just jarring to see him play in a style that's out of his comfort zone + I'm a massive fan of Matt but he's not a brilliant guitarist.

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The reason I'm not very good at guitar is because I taught myself by learning blink-182 songs. In retrospect, that was a mistake.

Same here, but with Trio songs - I only ever wanted to play the songs I like though so it doesn't bother me too much.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The reason I'm not very good at guitar is because I taught myself by learning blink-182 songs. In retrospect, that was a mistake.

"Alright, get ready for the best Bohemian Rhapsody solo cover you have ever heard!"

"Fuck it. I can play Dammit, look!"

• Like 4