Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

I honestly have no clue what the future holds. Based on the little bit I've learned about Skiba, it seems like he doesn't really take breaks right? He's done Alkaline Trio, then during their offtime he's done solo/side project stuff? So maybe he'll just fill in those gaps with Blink, and it'll be like a year and a half on, year and a half off, year and a half on, year and a half off thing for Blink going forward. I'm selfish and not an Alkaline Trio fan, so I want Blink to just be going nonstop haha but I doubt that'll be possible.

We'll see what Mark does when blink is between albums. I mean, he sure will have some time off, some writing alone period, maybe producing some band... if blink gets popular again, maybe he gets another TV show. I don't know.

Anyways, Alkaline Trio does not use to be 100% busy when hey release an album. They have like periods: release, tour, time off, tour, more time off. We'll see. At the end, the thing is not about the amount of work they all three have, but the degree of commitment they want to have with blink. And Tom's one was 0.

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Having said that, when it comes time for Skiba to work on the next Trio album, what do you all think Mark will do?  I mean, I'm sure Travis can always find things to fill his free time working with other bands and performers.  I really would like to see another +44 album one day, but I'm definitely not holding my breath on that.

Nothing and Nobody, solo project, or (more likely) producing other bands.

I remember that interview in which he talked about making a solo album. I want this to happen so much.

Also why do people mention NAN as it's a real thing? Wasn't it during that time they were upset on Tom for not recording and he tweeted something like "While me and travis are waiting for tom to record the new blink" and he announced that project as a hit to ava? Don't think he intended this to be a real thing for like more than a week. 

What are you expectations regarding the album's artwork? I think Neighborhoods and DED artworks were a little bit boring. In my opinion we need a new logo artwork as on the untitled. How do you like an idea of band's photo on the cover? Someone on reddit did this:

ZuQxFDe.jpg

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

i don't think they should throw the smiley away, it's a nice logo. they just need a good font for "blink-182". the brush strokes and graffiti shit is boring.

here's my 2-minute design:

xZwQJCX.jpg

Love the simplistic design ... But I can't get away with this picture if Matt had been smiling better or not looking bong eyed it would be a good image to use as promo