Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

This elitist group sounds pathetic.

And this is exciting because we finally get to see work from Mark. I just wish it was under a different name, especially if Matt sang. I can't see Matt singing for a "blink 182 " song

No?  You should watch this then, sounds pretty fucking great to me:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dCc_n6V0Wc

• Like 1

I just don't see how two hundred fans that are no different fans than us have exclusive rights to news that they're headed back into the studio. Mark likes posting in there because it's a small community and won't be bombarded with things, not because of the specific people in there. And for that reason, Im 99% sure he couldn't care less if other fans could see what he's saying in there

• Like 2

I really don't care much about that issue, but here is my two sense.  He'd have been foolish if he thought the news wouldn't leak, so I'm inclined to believe he knew that telling them would be a way to leak it out.  Having said that, if Mark truly somehow is so naive to believe that he could have kept news like that hidden from the rest of the fans, I could understand that kind of mentality as well in this respect: a collector is the type of fan that wants anything and everything blink-182, as such Mark probably views these kinds of fans as among the most loyal blink fans.  So maybe he thought that their large investments in blink that allow them to be a part of that private community was enough to deserve something that maybe he wanted to keep secret.  Having said that, its not even a secret given that Mark did say to Billboard very briefly last month that August was going to be when they go in the studio.  Which is ultimately what leads me back to my original point, Mark is no fool, he knew that kind of information wouldn't stay contained.

Exactly... It's just so lackluster hearing that

Wow, I don't know what you're hearing.  But Tom hasn't sounded close to that good since 2004.  So yeah, I'll take this over Tom any day at least when it comes to singing live blink songs.  We'll see soon enough about new studio songs.

• Like 2

I just don't hear it that way at all.  I hear plenty of emotion in Matt.  You can tell he actually cares what he's singing about.  Tom only seemed to ever care with blink because he was drunk and trying to do everything over the top.  That's not real emotion and the music suffered terribly because of it.  If that slurring nonsense is what you considers good live singing, then go enjoy whatever Tom's gonna tour with next, I can't stand that crap anymore.

• Like 1

I just don't hear it that way at all.  I hear plenty of emotion in Matt.  You can tell he actually cares what he's singing about.  Tom only seemed to ever care with blink because he was drunk and trying to do everything over the top.  That's not real emotion and the music suffered terribly because of it.  If that slurring nonsense is what you considers good live singing, then go enjoy whatever Tom's gonna tour with next, I can't stand that crap anymore.

Sends shivers up my spine the way he sings "your mums a whore" in that Dysentary Gary video, was on the brink of tears.

• Like 1

Tom is and has been for a long time the worst part of blink's live show.  Just about anyone is an improvement.  What i've seen in Matt's 3 concerts is already well more than enough to know, even through crummy bootlegged videos that Matt's live voice and emotion is substantially better and more legit than Tom's has been in a very long time.  In this day and age, I'll take Matt's live presence over Tom's live presence.  We'll see how the studio recording turn out. But so far I'd definitely say it's a step up as far as how their live show sounds.

i woke up and expected to read better things in this thread. i am glad they're going to get together to write. some of us already knew this because we know how to read billboard articles. but now, its just pages of grown men not understanding how the internet works and people once again pulling the "its not blink-182" bullshit.

• Like 2

I'm wondering if they'd be better off doing an EP first. just testing the waters, write some songs together, have it as a little release. let them 'practise' writing together before putting out a major album, and show people what potential is there. just some thoughts.

and yes, Matts singing live kicks Toms ass in so many ways it's ridiculous. 

I think they're best just fucking going for it and giving it all they have with an album, if its good then great, if it's shit then at least they know they gave it a real good go.

I'm hesistant for sure and think it could suck but I'm not ruling it out being good either...it just won't feel like blink to me though.

I'm wondering if they'd be better off doing an EP first. just testing the waters, write some songs together, have it as a little release. let them 'practise' writing together before putting out a major album, and show people what potential is there. just some thoughts.

and yes, Matts singing live kicks Toms ass in so many ways it's ridiculous. 

To hell with an EP. They need to just release a full-length album that everyone's been clamoring for. Just go all in. No half-measures.

shia.jpg

• Like 2

I think they're best just fucking going for it and giving it all they have with an album, if its good then great, if it's shit then at least they know they gave it a real good go.

I'm hesistant for sure and think it could suck but I'm not ruling it out being good either...it just won't feel like blink to me though.

Tom yodeling and injecting synth into every song DEFINITELY sounds like blink!

Jesus Christ this is so fucking stupid. It's not a leak if you tell hundreds of people something and then other people find out. It'd be like if I posted something on my FB and then someone I'm not friends with found out. My FB profile is private, but it's human nature to pass along news. Stop being sensitive bitches 

• Like 5

I don't think people are upset that the news is getting spread. I think they're upset that it's being traced back to the blink-182 collector's group, which they want as little people as possible to know about.

Either way, this is the best news to come from the blink camp in a long time! Even better that it comes directly from Mark himself and isn't a random afterthought thrown at the end of an unrelated article.

• Like 1

I don't think people are upset that the news is getting spread. I think they're upset that it's being traced back to the blink-182 collector's group, which they want as little people as possible to know about.

this.

and if it's the position of the mods of that page, as it is private and belongs to them, it's certainly their right.