Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

this.

and if it's the position of the mods of that page, as it is private and belongs to them, it's certainly their right.

Yeah, except that collector's group is subject to mod approval only. So it doesn't matter how many people know about it, they can have as many members as they want.

• Like 1

regardless of that - 

Despite Matt not singing in it, and it probably being written by Dan, I would love for a song on the new album to be in a similar style / energy as this, with Matt and Mark trading vocals. could be very cool. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga0-r07hkiA

this is an interesting notion. could mark have intended it that way?

Lol of course not but it's just as ridiculous to get mad at him as it is at their own members. ultimately he knows the power his words would have and so do the admins. it's the risk you take having him involved like that. he added no addendum to keep it private from his end, so really there's no massive issue. if Mark had posted the same thing on twitter or FB himself the group would have been fine, but he chose to share it that way and of course the outcome would be it leaking.

I'm saying if they're petty enough to get pissed about it, they should be pissed at Mark too. 

It could be better for sure but blink is Mark and Tom for me as I've said many times.

Just my opinion of course.

They'll probably brand themselves as "Blink 182 with Matt Skiba" or something, like Sublime with Rome, for legal reasons and then it's not the same as Blink so everyone is happy. They should just be Blink Skiba2, hell that name makes more sense than 182 does as the members are Skiba + 2 others. 

I kind of think they'll just continue as blink-182 and Tom will get his royalties for past shit and a nice buyout of some sort.

Yeah if they're going to continue playing Blink-182 songs and having Matt sing Tom's parts no reason to not continue with the name Blink-182, i hope they don't go the stone temple pilots route and have to say "Blink-182 w Matt Skiba" 

-They should continue as blink 182.

-Tom should be given absolutely nothing, aside from royalties for past stuff.

He was a founding member, it makes sense for a buy out. 

What do you guys want/expect Blink 2.0 to sound like? I think the vibe will lighten up compared to the darker vibe they've been in for the last decade. Less experimentation and a more focused straight forward rock record. Maybe a similar vibe to the latest Desaparecidos album actually. What do you guys think?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW8u__GvEwk