i wish taking back sunday would break up......

tom18222

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

On a TBS binge at the moment so I came back to this thready, and holy shit, what is that show you posted above me?

This is the same band? It continues to amaze me.

Adam was the best performer I've ever seen in modern rock. Of course the last 9 years of this band's career make that sound like a ridiculous overstatement, but he really was one of the best frontmen I've ever seen. The erratic movement, passionate vocals (especially during the Louder Now era where he seemed to be in control of sounding raspy or clean, while also incorporating an infrequently-used scream in to his act),  and perfectly timed mic swings made him more fun to watch than anyone I can recall.

Of course the rest of the band was great too. All solid musicians. It's crazy to think how much better Fred and Matt were than John and Shaun now. Those guys have contributed basically nothing. They lost all the passion people loved them for, it's just so weird and John barely sings even though he did when Adam's vocals were actually good, it's bizarre. Be careful what you wish for I guess.

This band could've really been something.

Oh well, nothing more than can be done/said at this point. I've gone through the same thought process as above numerous times in my life, haha...What can I say, I loved this band.

People just liked John because you really felt it when he sang on TAYF. Now that they have no angst he doesn't really provide anything (except the fake southern accent that him and Adam decided to sing with recently). Fred was a better guitarist, screamer, and clean vocalist. Honestly I think that Eddie probably wrote most of the parts on TAYF, they had that punk tinge that Reyes would certainly be inclined to write. Now they're not in that style anymore and I can barely remember a single riff of TBS' last two albums, so that's how I got to this conclusion.

Straylight Run was...OK I guess.

ahh this topic again hahaha.

with fred and matt, the band was incredible. live and in studio. fred is an incredible guitarist. his riffs were so sick. and you can tell in old videos that adam absolutely adored fred. he mustve been crushed when he left. capital m-e makes it seem that way as well.

i posted this in the original topic. watch fred sing and play guitar in this. its totally flawless, using the whammy pedal and singing at the same time.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...