i wish taking back sunday would break up......

tom18222

Listened a few times, I loved about 5 of the 10 as well.  Some really epic songs, which was cool if you have the patience for them.

It's probably my least favorite of their releases, but I still enjoyed it and will be replaying it for some time.

I may be in the minority, but I think Adam's voice actually has gotten better over time.. I just don't love their sound as a whole AS MUCH as earlier releases, but Happiness is really sounds like the peak of his voice, which is the same now, but he definitely went for a different style in this one.  Like listen to better homes and gardens or w.e it's called, absolutely kills those vocals. 

Always a fan of the raw punkier days though

I love their first three albums to death but I can't really get into the others. Every time they come out with a new record, I give it a listen. So far it's always been a let down, so I didn't have any big expectations but I'm really digging Tidal Waves, what a nice surprise.. and the new sound is refreshing. I've been listening to it a lot since it came out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Still listening to this regularly and I'm loving it more and more with time. This is seriously one of my favorite albums of 2016 so far, and I was not expecting that to happen.

Usually how it works.  Whenever I expect something it lets me down.. unexpected always end up being my favorites.

Think it's a human thing

On 9/27/2016 at 4:45 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I thought this album was going to be average to mediocre at best. I love it though! This actually makes me really excited for future TBS releases.

Adam gets better with age (technically, if you're not into the preachy, not so much)

Just heard "in the middle" come on ESPN surprised to say the least

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

Looks like TBS is still making music.  Really liked the last album, one of the most consistent bands from 2000s so looking forward to it.  Song is okay, didn't like debut song of last album and ended up being a favorite album.

I really liked the last album too, in fact, i really enjoy the last two albums, they've upped their game lately. This song feels like a grower

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Since88 said:

I really liked the last album too, in fact, i really enjoy the last two albums, they've upped their game lately. This song feels like a grower

I love there old stuff, but more so songs here and there.  Tidal Waves might be my favorite album from them.  And yes, songs like Better Homes from their last last is one of their best 

24 minutes ago, Alan Rickman said:

You Can't Look Back is fucking great from Tidal Waves. 

Yeah, it's all fucking great.  Each song is a bit different is why I put it at the top.  I'll Find A Way To Make It Work seriously hits me hard, when it kicks in too man they nail it.

We don't go in there, can't look back, in the middle of it all are also 10/10

• Love 1