TV series you stopped watching

High Value Man

State them and why you stopped watching.

Board Walk Empire- Saw first two episodes, didn't like it.

Prison Break-I made it thru 2 seasons, the season finale of the 2nd season was so horrible I shut it off and vowed not to watch it again. I never did. I actually liked the first season too.

Lost- Halfway into the first episode, So stupid. I don't like dreams within dreams and where everything is a fucking riddle.

Nurse Jackie- Stopped First episode. Just wasn't my thing.

Shows that are in danger.

Walking Dead-I'll give it a little more time. But not much. Its run it course.

Gotham-It is just really cheesy.

Lost - Maybe a quarter a way through the first episode. Did nothing for me either.

Daredevil - Thought it was cool at first then got really bored

East Bound And Down - got tired of it really quickly

Workaholics - See above.

It's Always Sunny - Got tired of its formula over time. 

^Daredevil has a dip in the middle or two thirds into the season, then gets good again. I almost gave up on it too, but looked at review scores and found that the show rebounded. More Kingpin is always a good thing.

Oh man, my list will be pretty long.

Sense8 - Watched about 3 or 4 episodes. Not a bad show, just was a bit slow in showing what direction they were going in and there are better shows out there. 

Walking Dead - It got too stupid, bad writing, etc. This is coming from someone that loves zombies and watched the show for a few seasons and really loved the first season. 

I got to the part where the Governor infiltrated a camp of people and killed everyone. It was so painfully obvious he was the one killing them, that was the final straw for me. The show is just lazy and poorly written at this point.

Suits - also got too stupid and predictable.

They rehash the same twist every season - Mike didn't go to law school. I was ok with it for the first 2 seasons, then it just got stale. I liked their page on Facebook so I sometimes see them post shit, and it looks like they rehashed that twist AGAIN this season, so I'm pretty happy I stopped watching it. It also doesn't help that the show is insanely unrealistic - making a lawyer partner who you know embezzled money with the firm, what the fuck? I usually don't care for realism much but the law is pretty black and white and this show prides itself on legal drama...yet they fuck it up all the time. The writing was also lazy; "revenge is the best revenge" *cringe*

X Files - didn't stop because it was bad, just couldn't find the time. Every episode is basically a new story so it's hard to get addicted to watching it since the storyline generally doesn't progress (although sometimes it does). Sometimes the episodes build on each other though, I'll probably go back to watching it before the new series kicks off.

Sopranos - great show, just couldn't find the time again. Sometimes I start watching a show at an awkward time (right before school starts) which interrupts my habit of watching it, that's what happened here.

The Wire - see above. I really want to start this one again soon. 

House - I watched this in highschool and loved it. Eventually I just realized it was the same formula for each episode, or at least very similar. Something bad happens to a patient, they don't know what it is, House treats them, he misdiagnoses it, another doctor thinks it's something else, House finds out last minute what it actually is and saves the day. I'm sure not every episode is like that, but enough of them were that it made me stop watching it. 

Archer - I should watch the newest season, it's a good show, but I still don't see what all the hype is about. Most the jokes are running gags from previous episodes, which is fine, but they don't do it nearly as well as Arrested Development did. 

Shameless - great show, just kind of dark and strange at times so it wasn't for me. 

I'm sure there are plenty more that I'm forgetting. 

Good idea for a topic btw! 

I loved Sunny for years and even watched it from season 1 when that was actually airing. But I quit on it after around season six. but the show got a lot better around season 8-9. IASIP really revived itself for me somehow. Once it went full crazy it was easier to relax and just enjoy it. Some of the best episodes are later on.

Lost: Watched the pilot twice, and then the next episodes. Not my cup of tea

True Blood: First couple of seasons are spectacular. Just gets way too fantastical.

Firelfy: Can't for the life of me get into this.

Entourage: Just got too dumb and I hated Vince

South Park: Around 5-6 years ago it got so bad. Occasionally it gets a good episode but man does it rarely get brilliant again.

The Simpsons: Around season 12-13 I just stopped loving the show. Obvious reasons, but by season 15 I had had enough.

Family Guy: Once they brought it back it was mediocre to terrible. It has inspired parts but really lazy show.

I loved Sunny for years and even watched it from season 1 when that was actually airing. But I quit on it after around season six. but the show got a lot better around season 8-9. IASIP really revived itself for me somehow. Once it went full crazy it was easier to relax and just enjoy it. Some of the best episodes are later on.

Lost: Watched the pilot twice, and then the next episodes. Not my cup of tea

True Blood: First couple of seasons are spectacular. Just gets way too fantastical.

Firelfy: Can't for the life of me get into this.

Entourage: Just got too dumb and I hated Vince

South Park: Around 5-6 years ago it got so bad. Occasionally it gets a good episode but man does it rarely get brilliant again.

The Simpsons: Around season 12-13 I just stopped loving the show. Obvious reasons, but by season 15 I had had enough.

Family Guy: Once they brought it back it was mediocre to terrible. It has inspired parts but really lazy show.

How far did you get? The first episode or two isn't anything great, but it definitely picks up. Jane's Town is one of my favourite episodes of any show ever. 

The characters made that show great to me. They had a really solid cast and great character development considering it was only one season and a movie. Definitely worth watching, the middle of the season gets really good, but if it didn't grab you then maybe it's not worth going through. 

Kyle I can also agree with you on some later episodes of Always Sunny. The one where they had to coordinate a bunch of stuff, like the health inspector showing up, and frank in the basement playing a note to make it sounds like the alarm.

That episode was one of the best IMO. So well written.

I heard this episode was actually kind of like a parody of the movie Birdman, based on how it was filmed (like one continuing scene). That episode was one of the best comedy episodes I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

that's crazy considering Birdman came out late last year.

The Gang Gets Quarantined and Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare are recent favorites of mine. Loved the Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre one. I still laugh at that thinking about it.

• Like 1

House: Owned the first three seasons on DVD, loved it, then it just got old.

Dexter: Season 3 was it for me, started newer seasons and wondered wtf happened

Lost: Saw five episodes, I might finish at some point. Daunting catalogue to start from scratch and not SUPER interesting. Definitely not obsessed with it like my friends were.

Sherlock: Great show, but fuck man, I can't stay awake for an hour and a half of mostly dialogue and then wait two years for a new episode.

American Idol: I feel like most great artists, if they were gonna audition, already have. That show blows.

Mad Men: Meh.

Here I am saying I don't like critically acclaimed and popular shows, meanwhile I've seen every episode of Degrassi (up until recently it was completely still on the air) and Pretty Little Liars.

• Like 1

House: Owned the first three seasons on DVD, loved it, then it just got old.

Dexter: Season 3 was it for me, started newer seasons and wondered wtf happened

Lost: Saw five episodes, I might finish at some point. Daunting catalogue to start from scratch and not SUPER interesting. Definitely not obsessed with it like my friends were.

Sherlock: Great show, but fuck man, I can't stay awake for an hour and a half of mostly dialogue and then wait two years for a new episode.

American Idol: I feel like most great artists, if they were gonna audition, already have. That show blows.

Mad Men: Meh.

Here I am saying I don't like critically acclaimed and popular shows, meanwhile I've seen every episode of Degrassi (up until recently it was completely still on the air) and Pretty Little Liars.

Agreed on Sherlock and Mad Men