The walking dead series 6

Scott.

was expecting it for a long time now as a comic reader, though i had so much more feels the first time he died at the dumpster because that was truly a surprise. heart wrenching. this was still tough to watch even knowing it was going to happen

i remember when the governor was around doing his thing id tell my friends....oh you just wait. and here we are

37 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I liked him, thought he did a good job of showing Negan's insanity.

Takes more than gruesome skull beatings and demented behavior to be a good villain for me. I don't feel like he brought anything else to the table in that episode. Hope they develop him into something more substantial.

Takes more than gruesome skull beatings and demented behavior to be a good villain for me. I don't feel like he brought anything else to the table in that episode. Hope they develop him into something more substantial.

Have you read the comics?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Interesting for sure. So if they kill glen and carol off, rick and the kid are the only two OG's left right?

I would rather see the show go in a different direction. It's going to be the same as the last bad guys. Same old group will dwindle and find new people and defeat the bad guy or whatever. If there was anything else on Sunday night I probably wouldn't watch it lol

Nope, I'm just a casual TV follower. The show is pretty corny and shallow at times, but it keeps my interest.

Negan is way over the top and sort of cheesy in the comic. I didn't like what they did to the governor but they nailed Negan dead on.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing on one hand it was great, on the other hand, it felt like they continue to use cheap tactics vs good writing,they definitely fuck around with the audience with cheap little emotional stuff.

Ever notice how the newer the character, the less you care about them, like half those characters on their knees no one give a shit about, don't even know their names to be honest, that is kind of a problem. Even Abraham is kind of like "ah so what" and he's been there for awhile. IN season 1-2, we cared about everyone, because the writing was actually good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

Ever notice how the newer the character, the less you care about them, like half those characters on their knees no one give a shit about, don't even know their names to be honest, that is kind of a problem. Even Abraham is kind of like "ah so what" and he's been there for awhile. IN season 1-2, we cared about everyone, because the writing was actually good.

As much as I loved season 6 and tonight's episode, I do actually agree with this. I'm not sure if it's because they keep introducing bigger groups of new characters as oppose to the first couple of seasons or if it's the story telling but I do find that I don't care that much about most of the new characters.

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing on one hand it was great, on the other hand, it felt like they continue to use cheap tactics vs good writing,they definitely fuck around with the audience with cheap little emotional stuff.

I agree. You can see deaths coming from a mile away. They even teased the Glenn death with the trampling before making him an irrelevant character you barely think about. They eased the audience into it. And Abraham has always been kind of a douchy fringe character.

The show is full of cheap tricks, but what it does well it does very well, so it makes it worth watching most of the time.

This episode, in my opinion, was fucking perfect!  Loved every second of it.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays the role perfectly.
After watching Talking Dead also, I don't think it's going to fall in the same category of previous seasons.  Kirkman and the others were all saying that it's 'only the beginning' now and that shit is going to be so different.
Personally, I'm fucking stoked for this season!

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:31 PM, jd9973l said:

Interesting for sure. So if they kill glen and carol off, rick and the kid are the only two OG's left right?

I would rather see the show go in a different direction. It's going to be the same as the last bad guys. Same old group will dwindle and find new people and defeat the bad guy or whatever. If there was anything else on Sunday night I probably wouldn't watch it lol

Darryl is still around as well.

Episode was intense and JDM is doing a bang up job with Negan.  I really thought he was going to make Rick chop off Carl's arm.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...