Major Forum Upgrade

Dean

Hi all.

There is a major upgrade for our forum software IP.Board (3.4.8 -> 4.1) that I've been putting off installing for a while now, but it's time to jump in and get this done. I will be looking at doing this in the next day or two. It shouldn't take me more than an hour or so to do the upgrade, obviously I'll need to bring the boards down while I do this.

Because this is an upgrade to a new major version a lot of the software has been rewritten and redesigned, so you will notice that the forums will look a bit different as the core theme has been redesigned. Everything should mostly be in the same place but if you get stuck you can post in the FAQ forums and I'll do my best to help out.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Who Else But said:

Thanks for going through with an update!  Much appreciated.  What improvements are coming?  And also, is there a way to donate to the person running the forum?

Hey Clarke, PM me for account details and I will be happy to assist you in making a donation, people like you help keep this site alive.

Thanks guys.

5 hours ago, Who Else But said:

Thanks for going through with an update!  Much appreciated.  What improvements are coming?  And also, is there a way to donate to the person running this forum?

Keep us updated on the FB group when the boards go down!

Thanks for doing this, Dean.

What's the facebook group's name

We don't have anything set up for donations, the thought is appreciated but we make enough from the ads to pay our server costs so there's really nothing for any donations to go towards. I do my best to look after this stuff here because I love this place, certainly don't want any money out of it!

Here's our facebook group, people post in here if the forums are ever down so I can keep everyone up to date. https://www.facebook.com/groups/blink182online/

• Like 1

Im noticing now on my phone that the page isnt fitting the screen. Its like half the width of the screen. I notice that theres an ad at the bottom which is way wider than the page which seems to maybe be the problem. Hopefully im explaining it right

3 hours ago, redhotbrianpeppers said:

It doesn't seem to show who is being quoted, just the text of the quote. Is this fixable? Other than that, looks good!

I've just checked the website, mobile site and Tapatalk and all seem to be showing me the members name in the heading of quotes. Does it not look like this for you?

2015-11-12_080648.png