NBA

Mitch.

So I looked for a topic just incase there was already one, but I couldn't find anything, so I thought I would start one anyway.

Now that the new 15-16 season is underway, I thought I would see if there are any fans of the 'ball on these boards?
Who's your team, general talk and all that stuff.

Me, I'm a Dubs fan. (And no, not just because they won last year!) Been a fan since Bogut got traded there in 2012. Plus I'm a huge fan of San Fran, and the Bay area. Such a rad place when I was there.

Anyway, super stoked with their start!  12-0, and looking at possibly breaking the record for best start to a season at 16-0.  Though the upcoming game against the Clips will be a test.

Well, sorry about the hella long post straight up, but hey, if there's any ball fans out there, get chattin'!

• 4 weeks later...

I was lab partners with Stephen Curry in high school. He was nice, and he was really nice to my sister, like beyond a cool dude.

I used to go to every single Bobcats game, and they were so awful that it was just really bumming me out to keep going so I stopped, and the Celtics were on a spiral even though they're my home team so I really didn't have anyone playing decent ball that I cared about. Probably gonna check out the Hornets soon, but meh. I just don't think NBA is that fun to watch most of the time. I like keeping up with the players and the politics of it, but the games themselves lack passion so much of the time.

They're looking amazing too man!
Can pretty much say it's going to be a Spurs/GS WCF.
Easily the toughest match up for the Dubs.

No offence to you, but fuck I hated them watch the Clips today!
Went to hack-a-jordan so early in the 4th, and it just killed the momentum of the game.  Clearly worked, so props of course, I just hate the rule in general. Something needs to be done about.

It was freaking insane!
First time a game has gone 4OT in something like 40 years I think?

No wonder the Bulls are getting smashed by the Knicks at the moment!
How could you possibly back up after a game like that?!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mitch. said:

They're looking amazing too man!
Can pretty much say it's going to be a Spurs/GS WCF.
Easily the toughest match up for the Dubs.

No offence to you, but fuck I hated them watch the Clips today!
Went to hack-a-jordan so early in the 4th, and it just killed the momentum of the game.  Clearly worked, so props of course, I just hate the rule in general. Something needs to be done about.

Yeah I hear people talking about Hack-a-whoever all the time (cough cough JVG). Even Coach Pop is against it, but he basically takes advantage of what he gets. Sometimes the Spurs go overboard with it, though. It worked in the 3rd quarter, but after the bench put them up 8 in the 4th they should have just stuck to playing defense. I'm not entirely for it myself, but at the same time it's amazing to me how any professional players can only hit 40% of their free throws, and the rule would be made for only a few players.

And yeah that 4OT game was insane. I feel like I've seen one somewhat recently though before (Jazz-Hawks maybe?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisx37 said:

Yeah I hear people talking about Hack-a-whoever all the time (cough cough JVG). Even Coach Pop is against it, but he basically takes advantage of what he gets. Sometimes the Spurs go overboard with it, though. It worked in the 3rd quarter, but after the bench put them up 8 in the 4th they should have just stuck to playing defense. I'm not entirely for it myself, but at the same time it's amazing to me how any professional players can only hit 40% of their free throws, and the rule would be made for only a few players.

And yeah that 4OT game was insane. I feel like I've seen one somewhat recently though before (Jazz-Hawks maybe?).

Yes, it was indeed actually.  Must have been before that one then?

I'm so against the whole hack thing!  What would stop it, is if it was like the last 5 minutes in the 4th.  If a player is fouled who isn't taking a shot, and the team is over the limit, then the team who has been fouled, can select who they want to shoot...  They should do this in EVERY quarter when there is 5 mins to go.  Not just the fourth!
I just find it pretty damn hypocritical of Pops when he says he hates it, yet employs the same strategy himself....

Pop's attitude is pretty much "I don't like it, but if it works then I will use it." He feels the same way about 3-pointers. They have a mini rule with that already (away from ball foul with 2 minutes left in 4th is a technical foul), but they could probably do what you said and just extend that rule out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3.0 games back.
It is crazy though!

It's bullshit how the draw is though.   

SA have played a much easier schedule, more home games, and hardly any back-to-backs!

Plus they've already played 3 extra games than the Dubs, so that is always going to help the record too...

Anyway, so much for LBJ's call of Golden State being the healthiest team ever!  They ended up with only 8 on the bench today!!  Steph didn't return for the 2nd half...  Then there's have Ezeli, Barnes, Looney, Macadoo, Barbosa AND Rush!

No wonder they scraped in an OT win today!

On 12/18/2015 at 2:08 AM, Chrisx37 said:

Aw man, not many NBA fans here. :(

I myself am a diehard Spurs fan, so you can guess I'm happy about my team's start too. :P

Love 'em when they win but don't pay attention to 'em when they lose. The city is great when Spurs are in the playoffs or finals; free coffee is great in the mornings. 

Only when they win?  That's kinda lame...
GSW were bad for so many years, and would still have a top 3 attendance record for any team.

Yesterday was their 150th consecutive sell-out.  That's crazy!

Looks like Barnes should be back tomorrow, but I'd say that Steph will sit again.
Dubs are just so fucked with injury at the moment, it's shit!  So much for being the healthiest team of all time!  (good call Lebron!)
Shit, they finished with 8 on the bench yesterday!

2 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Only when they win?  That's kinda lame...

What good are they to me if they lose? That's not entertaining and I don't get free coffee. They're too good if a team to lose and when they do its because of stupid decisions and shotty playing. I still remember the pre-championship Spurs, that shit was awful.