NBA

Mitch.

What is there to even watch for now as a SA/GS fan? They're basically locked into their seeds  yet there's 20 games left. While GS chases the record the Spurs might as well use their guys sparingly the rest of the way. I guess here's what I'm looking forward to as this season finishes out:

OKC/LAC - This matters a lot because it decides who ends up in GS's and SA's bracket. Honestly I'm not sure who I'd want the Spurs to get. Probably OKC because they seem like a mess at this point, but they're also the stronger home team. Also GS/LAC would probably be a better series than GS/OKC imo.

East Playoff race - It's still pretty tight in the East and the teams are all separated by around a game from each other. If I'm a Raps fan I wouldn't want Chicago. I'm pulling for Washington to make the Playoffs just because they're the local team here. Indy might be able to challenge Cleveland the most in the First Round.

Records - How far will GS and SA go before they lose at home? Will GS get 73? I don't care too much about this, but it's always kinda cool to see teams go after history, even if it means nothing come Playoff time.

Kevin Martin - The second-coming of Christ who will vault the Spurs to the title. Ok, maybe he's not that amazing, but as a fan of the team it's always fun to see how new players fit in.

• Like 1

Was soooooo happy IND beay SA yesterday, after the embarrassing loss GS had against the Lakers.  Kept them that game ahead.

I wasn't worried about it too much though.  The Bulls lost their corresponding game in 95-96 season to a Raps team also way under .500

GS still one game ahead of the season too.   Though in all honesty, I couldn't give a fuck about that record.  Repeating is the main goal! 
But hey, if it's possible, go for it.  Not going to get many shots to change history.

As to your points.  I'd rather play Clips.  We certainly have their number recently.

The East race, basically a mad dash for seeds 3-8.  Really hoping the Raps can knock off the Cavs for that 1 seed too.  Sick of them walking through the East. Lol.

As I mentioned, not worried about that Bulls record.  I would just rather them protect their home court and go all season undefeated at home.

Kevin Martin.  Meh...  Not gonna change the chances of beating the Dubs.

On a side note, did anyone see Barkley's latest comment on GS?  Guaranteeing they won't win this year...  I really don't understand why he has so much hate towards them?  Hahaha.

I love Barkley as a personality, but as an analyst...not so much. I disregarded him well before he talked about how "analytics are BS." He always seemed to doubt the Spurs because of their age until they actually won the title. I think that's all he does is talk trash the team with the best record. Last year he said a jump shooting team couldn't win a championship, but obviously that was wrong.

• Like 1

To those who say GSW are only Steph....
Kid had ha a SLOW nigyt, and they STILL win by 20?!

No one is beating this team 4 games out of 7.  Not Spurs now, not Cavs, not OKC....   Really, no one cab match them... 

Mpt even the great Pop!

On 3/10/2016 at 5:13 AM, Mitch. said:

To those who say GSW are only Steph....
Kid had ha a SLOW nigyt, and they STILL win by 20?!

No one is beating this team 4 games out of 7.  Not Spurs now, not Cavs, not OKC....   Really, no one cab match them... 

Mpt even the great Pop!

They're pretty near unbeatable I'll give you that but I think the Spurs definitely have a chance, playoffs is a whole different ball game. Besides the Spurs I can't see anyone else causing the Warriors too much trouble but the Spurs are experienced as hell and on top of their game this season so it's going to be an amazing series. Tbh that's the series I look forward to the most, I expect the finals to be more of a blowout lol

• Like 1

That will be the real finals series.
The west finals is going to show the best team in the NBA.
I agree with you saying how experienced Spurs are.  But they are real old now too.  When Dubs go small with their lineup of death, they won't be able to keep up.

• Like 1

Toronto are playing incredible 'ball right now. 
I think Lowry and Derozan are the second best back court in the league.  (I'm of course going to say Steph and Klay are number one.)

Though Lillard and McCullum are pretty damn good too!

Either way, I'm about 98% sure the winner of the West wins it all...  (2% if Cavs play Spurs, I think Cavs win that series.)