NBA

Mitch.

1 hour ago, Mitch. said:

I go on so many forums (NBA ones) and I haven't seen one person as butt hurt as you.  At least other people have accepted the fact that he's moved on. For his OWN PERSONAL reasons!  He's a grown man.  He can do whatever the fuck he wants. 
He's probably losing so much sleep over guys like you ripping on him and calling him a coward too...
I don't see how they are 'boring' either?  They have some of the best ball movement in the league.  And efficient as fuck too!
Just don't watch any games.  Simple.

How does not liking the warriors style of play make me butt hurt? Who are you to tell me what brand of basketball I like. Jeez you're a fucking homer no offense on cloud 9 because your teams on top..the choke in the finals didn't bring you down any? Automatically defensive if anyone doesn't bow down to them..typical

I know plenty who watch basketball seriously can't stand to watch Golden State because it's so predictable...shoot as many threes as possible. Didn't say they aren't efficient or don't win every game.  They're middle of the pack for entertainment to me. I like Curry's handles but the threes are sooo boring to a long time fan.  I'd rather watch Spurs infinitely more because it's strategic and all about playmaking/ball movement. I like rim play, inside game more. Now, casual fans will 100% have that flipped. I'm aware of that.

Anyway, KD, do you watch or read ANY sporting news? At least 90% of ppl think it's the biggest bitch move you could possibly make, with his petty comments lately about OKC not helping anything. Thanks for trying to make me feel special, but I'm not here. I'm not an OKC fan either, far from it, so I'm not butt hurt, doesn't change my thoughts his decision to join an already established historic team who beat him is BETA BITCH BULLSHIT.  Don't say he's a grown man, he's a fucking baby, most NBA stars always are sadly, he's always crying about the media crying about Westbrook now.

I can't respect anyone as a basketball fan to actually respect the 'cant beat em join em' mindset. that's awful, warriors fan or not.  You have to be spineless as fuck to agree with that.  Stop trying to deflect things by saying 'move on'. It's not any less lame today than it was then. I'm allowed to elaborate. 

I know two warriors fans personally, one is like you and acting oblivious to Durant selling out, one said he wasn't hoping for it because they didn't need it.  You guys do know you won 73 without him right?

Last thing, do I need to dig up Durants tweets about how much the media DOES bother him? He specifically said he reads everything, ESPECIALLY the negative comments about him.  So I guarantee it's affecting him.  Hes far from a grown man sorry bud.

Dude, I know they choked in the finals.  Never once said they didn't.  Had some things go against them that didn't help, but it happened. Whatever.
And fuck, if you've read what I have said when the whole KD news came out, you would see that I didn't want them to sign him.  I wanted them to stick with Barnes and develop him.  He choked in the finals, sure, but he's super young and I think if they stuck with him, it would have developed him so much more as a player.

As for him taking digs in the media at OKC and Westbrook.  The media can twist anything into whatever they want.  It was widely known that those two didn't get along.  And of course he is going to come out and say that he enjoys the team comrade at the team he has just joined.  He's not going to say it was better at his old team.  No one would say that.  You're acting like he's the only one star player to ever join another team with stars already.  It's happened for years.  Look at Lebron. He's basically coached and bought every team he's won a title with.  He's coach, GM, captain.

Don't get me wrong when I'm talking either.  I respect what you're saying, and your opinion too.  It's the reason I started this topic last season. I'm just putting forth my opinion also.

• Like 1

Yeah same, we're both just passionate about the game I'm sure, all good. It can get heated, we all have our opinions.

I don't condone LeBrons stint either.. They're both really weak moves to me, or just simply don't agree with it. 

I disagree that it's been done before, not like this at all. LeBron is the only thing comparable and I think that was just as bitchy. Durants was a worse move, but the attention LeBron brought with it, the whole decision thing evens it. At the same time he didn't join a 73 win contending championship team.. Again I don't like either.

It makes for an interesting season forsure so that's always something. The league as a whole I wish was more honest and had more integrity like MLB, NHL, NFL. Because basketball is my favorite sport but I hate the league sometimes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

So the NBA did a giveaway and I actually won something! Even more excited for basketball now!

That's awesome! Wiggins played at my alma mater.

The only thing I've ever won was a signed Penny Hardaway basketball and signed Larry Bird 8 x 10 photo. Sent in a sweepstakes thing from a pack of basketball cards in the mid 90s, forgot all about it, and got a package in the mail one day. Was so stoked lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

The only thing I've ever won was a signed Penny Hardaway basketball and signed Larry Bird 8 x 10 photo. Sent in a sweepstakes thing from a pack of basketball cards in the mid 90s, forgot all about it, and got a package in the mail one day. Was so stoked lol.

That's sick! You put it in a glass case or something? 

haha the basketball is half deflated in my parents basement somewhere...Penny's stock tanked pretty quick after all the injuries, but he's still by far my favorite player of all time.

Are the Wiggins shoes cool? I feel like most b-ball shoes these days are ugly as fuck

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Stop making everything about you.

3 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

@Chrisx37 how did you win this? Did they just pull 3 randoms from anyone following NBA? Those are crazy good shoes, worth a good amount too

Every now and then the NBA's Twitter does a giveaway where you answer a trivia question using certain hashtags, and I guess they take all the people who got it right and used those hashtags and randomize a winner. It's cool because they give out so many items every time.

Since I'm not a sneakerhead I seriously have no idea how much they're worth, but I'm sure as hell gonna be careful with them haha.

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

How selfish of me to bring up a story from when I was 9 years old.

Nah, the more stories the better!

• Like 2

It's so rad when you win something cool like that.  Especially when you are younger.
The coolest shit I won (basketball related), was when I was about 11, and it was signed merch from the local team in the NBL. (The Australian basketball competition.)
I stoked hard though!  Hahah.

• Like 2

VERY slow start for the Dubs.  KD is the only one even looking like scoring.
Spurs bench has killed it so far.

Fuck LBJ is a freak though.  The only thing I don't like, is how he just drops his shoulder to bump the defender off, and never gets called.  Only thing.

Well.  That was just terrible.  I said it when they KD news first came out.  Yeah, they have a heap of scoring (when their shots actually drop), but they have NO fucking rim protection, and their bench is weak now.  They used to have one of the deepest teams in the league. 
That was just ugly though!   I know it's only one game, so time to get their shit together.  But fuck, I thought they would have put in a better performance than that!

I just hope  it wakes them up and shows their not going to dominate everyone.   smh....

Just one game and I'm sure the Dubs will be destroying everyone midseason, but hot damn was I impressed with the Spurs tonight! I saw a lot of positives for this season in that game. Kawhi somehow made another leap, Aldridge is still a beast (and he made a 3, which I think will be a bigger theme this season with him), Jonathon Simmons is gonna have a bigger role because he's so good this year, Spurs defense can still turn it up without TD, and the Spurs bench is stacked (which is awesome because the starting lineup is great as well). No matter what, going into Oracle and winning by 29 without your second best defender is something really promising.

Also, thank god basketball is back. Gonna be glued to my TV tomorrow despite ESPN airing shitty matchups.

I was so impressed with the Spurs. (which I always have been, mind you.)
Yeah, Kawaii and LMA did the scoring, but to me, Simmons was your best player. (well, most valuable) Dude hustled so hard!

Like I said above, I know it's only one game, but they are really going to have to pick their D.  I just hate how they sacrificed so much depth!  They are going to miss Bogurt's rim defense immensely.   And the offense they ran through him as well.