NBA

Mitch.

5 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Kyrie needs to pass more. He has too much of a shoot first mentality. So many times he puts up a terrible shot when he could pass it off to an open teammate. My friend is a huge Cavs fan and he's been pretty upset the way Kyrie has been playing these last few games.

I actually like him behaving more like a SG.  Let Bron Bron play the role of point-forward and let Irving destroy people off the dribble. 

Dude takes a lot of bad shots though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

Is that what I said?

Guarding 1-5 better than anyone in history.. Phenomenal passer (must be hard with Curry Klay and Durant on the wings..).. Future hall of famer.. Incredible ball handling for his size..

Yes, you basically did describe LeBron on accident with this alternate reality that it was Draymond.

7 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Kyrie needs to pass more. He has too much of a shoot first mentality. So many times he puts up a terrible shot when he could pass it off to an open teammate. My friend is a huge Cavs fan and he's been pretty upset the way Kyrie has been playing these last few games.

I remember when I used to think Kyrie Irving should pass more.. And then I watched him destroy the Warriors and win a finals in large because his scoring.

Jason Kidd is one of my favorite players of all time. I love pass first point guards. Kyrie isn't that and doesn't need to be for his team. His scoring ability and aggression puts on as much pressure for the defense and is absolutely necessary. He has a title to show for it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

Laughable: Hayward, Wade, Carmelo, Wiggins, Walker, Thomas. 

I disagree with: Lowry, Derozan, Porzingis, Aldridge. Maybe Butler but I think his improvement is for real. 

Man, IT is so underrated. Easily an all star and the Celtics would be lost without him. More valuable to his team than Draymond imo.

Also, the whole "guards 1-5" thing is used too often. You put him on a good center, he'll be scored on. You put him on an elite PG, he's getting beat off the dribble. Same goes for LBJ. You COULD put him on any position because of his size, but if you're making him guard an elite PG or really good big, forget about it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I remember when I used to think Kyrie Irving should pass more.. And then I watched him destroy the Warriors and win a finals in large because his scoring.

Jason Kidd is one of my favorite players of all time. I love pass first point guards. Kyrie isn't that and doesn't need to be for his team. His scoring ability and aggression puts on as much pressure for the defense and is absolutely necessary. He has a title to show for it.  

I don't want him to be a pass first guy, he just needs to pass more when he is cold or instead of putting up a terrible shot. He needs to learn that when he is having an off night then he needs to get the other guys involved.

Draymond the player is a benefit of the current stretch 4 era and of being in a super team.  I won't knock him for that actually, fitting in on a team for a collective whole is an underrated aspect of a players ability.  That said, put him on the Wizards and you'd rarely hear anything about him.  If that matters to you. It doesn't to me actually.

I just think he's a horrible human being who needs to be suspended or take an elbow to the face from another player knocking him cold for a few games. 

Where's Charles Oakley when you need him?

• Like 3

I hate to keep pounding on Durant/Westbrook but since there seem to be a bunch of Warriors fans here, I have a theory I thought of last night watching the Thunder play the Pelicans. 

The Thunder are obviously not as good without Durant as they were with him currently, BUT I think if they got a good backup PG, and a 3 point shooter or two to stretch the floor they could be BETTER.  

To me, the decision Durant made was the best choice for both of them. Durant is not an alpha-dog player, to me he's more of a sidekick (who happens to be a top 5 player.)  Westbrook on the other hand is built like a Jordan, Kobe, Iverson, etc.  Guys that can shoulder the entire load of a team.  *please note I am not ready to compare RB with Kobe or MJ, I just meant in terms of mentality*

I think the Warriors allow Durant to play a game more suited to his personality, and now Westbrook is the engine of his own team, which suits him better.  I think once the Thunder builds the roster a bit, we're gonna have some fucking awesome playoff match ups in the Western Conference for a lonnnnnng time. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Guarding 1-5 better than anyone in history.. Phenomenal passer (must be hard with Curry Klay and Durant on the wings..).. Future hall of famer.. Incredible ball handling for his size..

Yes, you basically did describe LeBron on accident with this alternate reality that it was Draymond.

The only subjective thing I said is about him being better than anyone guarding 1-5. You disagree, than name someone better 

34 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

Man, IT is so underrated. Easily an all star and the Celtics would be lost without him. More valuable to his team than Draymond imo.

Also, the whole "guards 1-5" thing is used too often. You put him on a good center, he'll be scored on. You put him on an elite PG, he's getting beat off the dribble. Same goes for LBJ. You COULD put him on any position because of his size, but if you're making him guard an elite PG or really good big, forget about it.

"He'll be scored on" in the sense that in the NBA elite offense will usually beat elite defense  

The reason he would be incapable of guarding 1 all night, or 5 all night, is because he would wear down. But if you need to shut someone down at the end of the game, Draymond will be the one guarding them  doesn't matter what position 

8 minutes ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

When does he ever guard 1 or 5s?

Most people outside of the Warriors bubble are aware of this.

It's what originally drew the Magic comparisons actually, before the passing.

Honestly guarding 1-5 is a cool trait, but it doesn't automatically make you elite.

And I'm not in a bubble. Your guys' hatred for the Warriors is clearly clouding your judgement. That or you just don't watch much basketball. 

"Draymond is a dirty player! I wish he would take an elbow to the face!" Makes sense. 

"If he wasn't on the Warriors he'd be an average bench player". So he's maybe a top 200 player in the league? Right. And I'm the one in the bubble.