NBA

Mitch.

4 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Yeah I do agree that he is handles the ball a lot more now so we should expect more turnovers but having 4 games with ten turnovers is pretty bad. He has also had multiple 6 and 7 turnover games too. I would understand a little more if he had a terrible team around him but he has a decent group of guys supporting him. Anyways, I'm not hating on the guy! It's just a little frustrating hearing a lot of fans making out like he's having one of the greatest season by a player just by looking at his points, rebounds and assists.

Oh no I don't think it's one of the best individual performances ever by any means :lol: I just like what this guy has been doing this year especially since he took the decision to resign with a "mediocre" team. But the drama of westbrook vs kd if west was in a more competitive team would be awesome :lol: 

The Westbrook hate is pretty thick here.  With Durant it was "he is a ball hog!  He never passes the ball!"

Now, even though he is single-handedly dragging a team of Steven Adams, Oladipo and literally NO ONE ELSE to a winning record, the narrative is "aww man he turns the ball over, stats don't mean anything wahhhhh!!" 

The guy is having an MVP season, and just tied Larry Bird for triple-doubles at 59, on a team of walking corpses.  Give him a break.

• Like 1

I'm not hating on Westbrook. I actually love how competitive he is and he is playing some great basketball. He has actually been one of my favorite players since he entered the league.

It's just too many people are just drooling over his triple doubles and aren't looking at the big picture. He doesn't have a scrub team around him, Olapido can hold his own and Kanter and Adams have been playing great too. All those triple doubles look great but I really hate the way he steals rebounds from his big men. It's so fucking obvious since he is pretty much boxing them out. I honestly think they could have a much better record if he actually did less out of the court. I can't even count how many times I've seen him double or tripled team and he doesn't kick it out to the open man. Again, not hating on him or discrediting him.

3 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

By the way, I love how we don't have any LeBron dick riders in this thread. It's refreshing because I find all over Facebook and other NBA forums that more than half of the fans are rock hard for him.

THIS!!!!
It's such a breath of fresh air!  Everywhere else online, the bloke can do no wrong apparently.  It's always someone else's fault.  Says he's the best player on the planet, but so quick to pass the buck when they lose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petros said:

The argument about "stealing" rebounds I've seen Mitch saying this a lot too :lol: The ball will go to his hands right after the big man rebounds it too so why not grab it in the first place? Like why would anyone care if he actually did that?

Some go right to him, sure, but I've watched a fair few OKC games, and at times, he literally boxes out his own center to grab a board.

17 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

I'm not hating on Westbrook. I actually love how competitive he is and he is playing some great basketball. He has actually been one of my favorite players since he entered the league.

It's just too many people are just drooling over his triple doubles and aren't looking at the big picture. He doesn't have a scrub team around him, Olapido can hold his own and Kanter and Adams have been playing great too. All those triple doubles look great but I really hate the way he steals rebounds from his big men. It's so fucking obvious since he is pretty much boxing them out. I honestly think they could have a much better record if he actually did less out of the court. I can't even count how many times I've seen him double or tripled team and he doesn't kick it out to the open man. Again, not hating on him or discrediting him.

This is insanity! Who is he supposed to kick out to? Roberson? I could guard Roberson and could probably outshoot him too!

20 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

Philly are about to beat the Clippers. They are playing some really good basketball lately!

Awesome stretch at the moment. Really happy. ? In the end when it's all said an done, Hinkie will look like a fucking genius. Trust the process. ?

Referring to the LBJ post from before. 

I like this thread because even if we have some fanboys here, there are a lot really good and open minded discussions. I really enjoy that. 

I think we all agree that LBJ is one of the best players to ever play the game but man, he is a crying little bitch. Publicly crying about the roster and how "top-heavy" they are and his comment about being a "football player"...haha, give me a break. 

• Like 2

I'm watching the Cavs/Kings game at the moment, and can only get the Cavs stream because I'm watching it through Kodi, not league Pass (Was costing me way to much!), and I swear to god, the Cavs commentators are the most annoying fucking callers in the league!

Yeah they are pretty bad. On par with LeBron's crying. 

I don't get it. For me, LeBron is most of the time just cruising through games. He could easily average a triple double if he would play more aggressive. He is resting a lot throughout most games and it seems like he takes a foot of the pedal.

13 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

In Charlotte to watch the Dubs Hornets game! I hate the Warriors but I can't deny they'll be hella fun to see live hahaha.

Always a big game when the Dubs play in Charlotte because Steph is from there.

• Like 1

LeBron is such a fucking drama queen. The team is having a bit of a rough stretch and he's talking about needing more help and making a big deal out of it. This is the NBA, teams get better during the season and it's all about how you adjust and answer back. He is meant to be the best player in the league! Stop complaining that you need help and stand up and start winning again. He faces a little adversity and goes into little bitch mode.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ...and then said:

Referring to the LBJ post from before. 

I like this thread because even if we have some fanboys here, there are a lot really good and open minded discussions. I really enjoy that. 

I think we all agree that LBJ is one of the best players to ever play the game but man, he is a crying little bitch. Publicly crying about the roster and how "top-heavy" they are and his comment about being a "football player"...haha, give me a break. 

The NBA section is a nice little safe-zone from the normal Feldy arguments lol.....I'm still proudly a feldybot, and a WESTBROOKBOT......:)