NBA

Mitch.

3 hours ago, Chrisx37 said:

I looked a little more into this and you can see that last year's team was a LOT better in the clutch. I used the "clutch situations" tool on NBA's stat site, and the Warriors were 30-4 in clutch situations last year (easily tops in the league) vs 14-8 this year. They shot 5% better last year (10% from 3 point range) in those situations. My guess is that last year they were in so many of these situations because, as the defending champs, they sort of had a "red x" on their backs and teams would give them their best shot, especially when they won 24 in a row to start the season and every team wanted to be the one to end that streak. But even then they were amazing in the clutch and won so many of those games. This year they're good, but not nearly as good. This is probably the main reason why they'll have less wins this year. Also another reason I think last year's team was better.

Good point, haven't thought about that.

I heard today in one of the NBA talk shows that the Warriors are 7 points better defensively during this stretch without KD. Haven't checked but pretty sure that's true. 

1 hour ago, artofcompromise said:

Welp, as expected there's no consensus on MVP. If all the voters had the same criteria, it might be different. 

All the other awards seem pretty self-explanatory:

DPOY - Draymond

Coach - D'Antoni (He'll probably win but I personally think he's a bit overrated. He's been running the same offense for years and just happened to inherit a team that had all the right pieces to run it to perfection. He couldn't do shit with my Lakers.)

Rookie - Dario Saric

6Man - Lou Williams or Eric Gordon (Whoever makes a bigger impact in these last few games)

Most Improved is a bit closer but I still think Giannis wins this.

You mean scores the most. That's all 6th moty is. If it was biggest impact, Iguodala would win. But I've been called a homer before, so who knows.

Agree on everything else!

16 hours ago, Osgod said:

Good point, haven't thought about that.

I heard today in one of the NBA talk shows that the Warriors are 7 points better defensively during this stretch without KD. Haven't checked but pretty sure that's true. 

Funny, when the stats fit your narrative you're willing to acknowledge them. It seems to be under 6 btw, but thats me doing the math real fast, could be wrong.

Now if we go inside the numbers, of the 15 games, 7 have been against the bottom 10 in points per game and only 2 in the top 10.

As I've said before, everything went right last year (in the regular season. sigh) that's how they got to 73 wins. I don't think more Steph heaves going in last season vs this season makes that team better.

1 hour ago, OliverTrump said:

Funny, when the stats fit your narrative you're willing to acknowledge them. It seems to be under 6 btw, but thats me doing the math real fast, could be wrong.

Now if we go inside the numbers, of the 15 games, 7 have been against the bottom 10 in points per game and only 2 in the top 10.

As I've said before, everything went right last year (in the regular season. sigh) that's how they got to 73 wins. I don't think more Steph heaves going in last season vs this season makes that team better.

Nope...I said that you have to look at everything, you only accept the stats which help your case.

It's pretty obvious that Durant had a negative influence on Steph's performance...hope that will happen again in the playoffs tbh. 

47 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Nope...I said that you have to look at everything, you only accept the stats which help your case.

It's pretty obvious that Durant had a negative influence on Steph's performance...hope that will happen again in the playoffs tbh. 

lol I don't ignore anything. I'm pretty sure your cute (and wrong) "7 fewer points" stat was the first statistic you've brought to the table.

Ahh shit and I thought Steph would top the greatest offensive season ever. Freaking Durant. Barnes obviously made Steph better.

• Like 1

I think it comes down to the start/middle of the season when it seemed Steph was deferring to KD a lot more and trying to get him involved.  But since he has been out, Curry has had to take on more of the offensive load.  Hence is stats being so much better. Anyone who thinks they are better without KD is delusional imo.  KD makes any team he is on better I think...

That.  That is where Westbrook can lose games.  Spurs on a MASSIVE run, and Russ pulls up 6 feet behind the 3-point line and bricks it.   Just has to be smarter sometimes imo.

McGee was hige that second quarter for the Dubs.
Fuck I get so frustrated watching Harden at times.  The commentators were saying that he will take more FT attempts than FG attempts this year.

36 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

So classic, Grizzlies starting to click (without Gasol mind u) but are gonna have to face the Spurs now with no one to blame but themselves.

And will get destroyed.

They just gained a game on the Thunder (only 2 losses back now). If they win against them in the next game I believe it gives them the tiebreaker, too. So they definitely aren't locked into 7th.

• Like 1

Draymond has been MASSIVE this game!  His defense has been some of the best I have seen.  Iggy off the bench has been incredible too!
And Javale's huge d as well.

2 hours ago, Mitch. said:

McGee was hige that second quarter for the Dubs.
Fuck I get so frustrated watching Harden at times.  The commentators were saying that he will take more FT attempts than FG attempts this year.

I used to get frustrated, but really it's Silvers fault for not doing anything. He's literally a scam artist.  He plays strictly for fouls, it's unbearable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisx37 said:

They just gained a game on the Thunder (only 2 losses back now). If they win against them in the next game I believe it gives them the tiebreaker, too. So they definitely aren't locked into 7th.

Well, then we get 6th and play the Rockets, who are equally as bad because I can't stomach to watch Harden be at the free throw line all game... I'll end up breaking my remote. However I like our chances against them over Spurs, I just don't see how a rookie coach could knock out Popovich and a better seeded team.

8 hours ago, OliverTrump said:

lol I don't ignore anything. I'm pretty sure your cute (and wrong) "7 fewer points" stat was the first statistic you've brought to the table.

Ahh shit and I thought Steph would top the greatest offensive season ever. Freaking Durant. Barnes obviously made Steph better.

Lolololol.

It was discussed in numerous NBA talk shows so I doubt it's wrong, maybe it's 6. something...

Win - losses this year compared to win - losses last year is no statistic, right...

You should stick to NBA2K and enjoy your superteam there. Of course the Warriors are the favorites to win the championship but adding Durant was useless and I would laugh so hard if they won't win it all. 

5 hours ago, Osgod said:

Lolololol.

It was discussed in numerous NBA talk shows so I doubt it's wrong, maybe it's 6. something...

Win - losses this year compared to win - losses last year is no statistic, right...

You should stick to NBA2K and enjoy your superteam there. Of course the Warriors are the favorites to win the championship but adding Durant was useless and I would laugh so hard if they won't win it all. 

Lolololololollolololololol

nothing says you got me quite like that. 

"6 something" it doesn't matter because I've already shit all over your cute little statistic. 

No kidding you would laugh. I never could have guessed! You're taking over as saltiest person in this thread.