NBA

Mitch.

Was actually enjoyable watching the Warriors without the snake last night.  I may hate their team, but I respect them and the way they play.  The Rockets are an abomination and I enjoyed Curry/Iggy frustrating the hell out of the flopping fish Harden.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Was actually enjoyable watching the Warriors without the snake last night.  I may hate their team, but I respect them and the way they play.  The Rockets are an abomination and I enjoyed Curry/Iggy frustrating the hell out of the flopping fish Harden.  

I've never enjoyed watching Durant.

He's a perfect scorer, but he's so damn boring.

8 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Loved when Harden threw the head back when Curry was defending him looking for a call, and Curry waved him away.  Haha.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Loved when Harden threw the head back when Curry was defending him looking for a call, and Curry waved him away.  Haha.

haha yes! When that happened I went full-blown Warriors fan for like 5 minutes haha. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

There will never be another Manu Ginobili.

Vince Carter, Manu Ginobili, Dirk Nowitzki, Kobe, Shaq...really won't see anyone like them again and I just can't get into this new gen like the early 2000s players.

Curry is pretty crafty I guess, Giannis is exciting but travels like a mofo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OliversAPilotNow said:

You’re too young to be screaming get off my lawn 

I'm not there yet but I can feel it coming on.  Tbf the team aspect of the game makes teams easier to root for, which should be the point, but the individual players are far less exciting.  I think it's their attitudes, softness, lack of competitive edge that bothers me more than the aesthetic of their skillsets.

I'd probably feel the same about the 2000s players if I grew up on Jordan/Bird/Olajuwan.

• Like 1

And you can't deny fundamentals and proper footwork is a thing of the past.  That started with LeBron, but guys like Westbrook, Harden, Giannis, any newcomers aren't required to take 1-2 steps off dribble, they made up some 'zero' step garbage and allow 2 steps, a step back, another hop before shooting now or 3 large strides to the basket.

It's hard to just ignore it sometimes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OliversAPilotNow said:

Russ gets so excited for regular season stats. It's cute.

Nah I didn't mind him going for the 20/20/20 considering the circumstances.  Actually thought it was nice what he said post match too.

13 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

you need to just pick a team and have fun with it.  sometimes I wonder if you even like the NBA or just like complaining about it.....

I love my Bucks, can't compare a low key team with good chemistry to all the chuckers you guys worship.

I will never understand how people say Russ only cares about stats. There isn't another guy in the whole nba that plays even close with the same intensity and passion like he does yet he's still probably the most hated nba player after lebron(which is the most loved too but since he's the most famous one that's logical)

The team has been horrible since the all star break. It's not just the loses it's they way we lose. I'm always the one being patient with coaches and don't blame them for everything going wrong when a team is straggling since they are the easy target but Billy Donovan needs to go. He's had exceptional talent if you don't count the Russ mvp year(favorite single player performance ever will always love Russ for the way he played that year) and still he can't make his guys play some actual basketball. Iso play after iso play. We didn't play like this from oct to feb so we can surely be better. Look at what happened to the Bucks when they got an actual coach.