NBA

Mitch.

9 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

I also think Kawhi is leaving the Raps. Probably to either LA team. 

I was talking about this with one of my mates.  I think he signs a 1 and 1 type deal.  Similar to Durant's.  I don't see him bailing just after winning a chip.
I think he stays one more year and try go back to back.  If Raps don't, then he signs with Clips.

6 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I'm gonna come in right in the middle of the "THEY'RE DONE" debate. 

I don't think KD stays, but they keep Klay at least.  I don't think they should extend Green either, but that's just me.  KD's injury is also much worse compared to Klay's; ACL tears aren't even a big deal and he will be back at the exact same level.  Achilles ruin players careers no matter how good they are.  

Rebuild the bench with the money that would have gone to Durant and Green and Curry and Klay will have the team in conference finals picture every single year for another 5 years at least. 

Why don't you think Dray should stay?  I understand the hate he gets, but no one can deny he's a beast.  He's perfect for the Dubs' system and loved within the organization.  Even in that loss yesterday, he had a blinder of a game.   He stays.

16 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Why don't you think Dray should stay?  I understand the hate he gets, but no one can deny he's a beast.  He's perfect for the Dubs' system and loved within the organization.  Even in that loss yesterday, he had a blinder of a game.   He stays.

I'm just thinking from the standpoint of what the organization SHOULD do to sustain the success.  I just don't think it's a good value to give him a longterm deal because his play is already degrading and it's only going downhill.  I also think the difference he makes game to game has decreased, you said it yourself.  He can play his best game, get a 14/12/11 triple double or something, and they still lose.  I would rather allocate that money to rebuilding the bench to something that is a little better than a G-league team. 

If he would take a short-term deal it would be smart, but to give him 5 years or something would be a bad investment, IMO.  

Am I the only one who feels the Bucks and the Warriors are substantially better than the Raptors?

I hate to be like that but outside of Kawhi they both are such better teams I'm still at a bit of shock they pulled it off.  They didn't really do anything but not mess up while the other two did.

Was their defense maybe just that underrated?

4 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Am I the only one who feels the Bucks and the Warriors are substantially better than the Raptors?

I hate to be like that but outside of Kawhi they both are such better teams I'm still at a bit of shock they pulled it off.  They didn't really do anything but not mess up while the other two did.

Was their defense maybe just that underrated?

Yeah their defense was incredible during the last two series. I think that shocked a lot of people. 

It also seemed like things just clicked after that game 2 win against the Bucks and they never looked back. 

Just think how close they were to losing to the sixers.

Yep just came to post that. That's a trade that makes both teams better actually. 

Pelicans will have a great team with the two players from this year's draft (if zion doesn't become a bust) lonzo, holiday, Ingram and Randle. 

Lakers now have lebron, ad and someone they will probably take in free agency. I'm just not sure how great of a duo ad and lebron are. Probably if they get someone like kemba he'll become the new Kevin Love or Chris Bosh. 

3 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Either way will make next season more entertaining.

LeBron is such a douche though.  Floats to LA and they lose all their young prospects they had a good little thing going and Ball was a major reason why.

Well it's not Lebron's fault. If the lakers wanted that good little thing they had going on for them they wouldn't sign him. And you know I'm not a Lebron fan.

I think it's fucking hilarious that Lonzo was traded.  Hahaha.

Going to be interesting to see if they can snag another big FA.  I think Jimmy Butler may be a chance.
Trading Hart is going to be their biggest loss imo.   He was ballin' out towards the end of the season!  Surprised Kuz wasn't in the trade package though.

18 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Why was that the plan all along though? LeBron to LA made no sense to me. They had an uprising core, that got along, that can go a lot further than an aging LeBron with not a great supporting cast..

What happens if they don't win and LeBron ghosts again? 

The Lakers have always been about making a huge splash during free agency. Developing youth has never been their thing. 

They now have a 26 year old Davis joining LeBron and potentially adding someone like Kyrie. That’s massive.

Plus this is perfect timing for teams in the west to make a run now the Warriors are weakened. 

Even if Lebron retires in three years they will have a 29 year old Anthony Davis and a huge amount of cap space to lure new talent. 

It makes total sense. 

6 hours ago, petros said:

So now the next rumor is Kyrie will join lebron and ad. 

We're all screwed if this happens :(

Last I heard was Kyrie was eating dinner with Durant in Brooklyn, just heard it on Nba radio this morning.  Green also flew to NY to meet with Durant...