NBA

Mitch.

27 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I’m a Lakers fan and was initially a little upset he chose the clippers but this is honestly great for the league. 

Honestly I could have seen LeBron and Kawhi not working. Both like to play that point forward role and Kawhi isn't much of a spot up shooter from my knowledge anymore.

For some reason I struggled to see their chemistry, I could see LeBron AD working better with more shooters maybe a solid point guard in there.

Lakers picked up Danny Green and Troy Daniels? They might be sneaking in a good team here. 

Bucks looking good again, both Lopez brothers now and signed Wes Matthews.

Gotta be honest, I might be excited for the NBA again.. This superteam thing became a drag, it was only fun to root for whoever was facing them, this feels like a real league again with some actual parity.

I couldn't tell you who could win right now.  

Russ and Adams to miamy with Jimmy Buckets. I don't care what okc gets in return. They got their assets from pg they can rebuild. Get rid of these two big contacts. They owe Russ, he stayed and gave everything. Trade him to where he's happy and can contend for a ring. 

40 minutes ago, Oliver>Skiba said:

Damn @JarJarBlinks got shafted.  Chris Paul? Yuck.

You honestly don’t know how sad I feel. I was pissed at Durant. But I love the Brodie. 

And to Houston. But you know what? I’m rooting for the Rockets to destroy the Lakers and the snake who went to the Clippers.

thunder did get a million picks, and SGA will be awesome. But man. I’m crushed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oliver>Skiba said:

Bro the Rockets though?

First off, I think Russ had a severe hand injury that he played through all year which affected his shot.  No way he has shooting numbers like last year again this year.  Second, he learned to defer to PG all season, everyone wants to blame Russ for taking shots but PG scored 6, SIX fucking points in an elimination game.  So what is he supposed to do? 

As much as I hate D'antoni, Russ will like the style of offense they play.  A freight train like Westbrook leading the break instead of CP3?  I'd say that's an upgrade. 

FUCK I HATE THE NBA. 

• Like 1

The Rockets though..

Haha I'm just saying, we all publicly hated the Rockets on here, they're so unlikeable, but I'm really excited for the NBA with all the changes it will be interesting to say the least.

I can't see Russ and Harden co-existing.  Maybe for a couple months then can see them bickering.

I also hate CP3 so I feel bad for the Thunder.  Melo was a waste, they needed PG right away and some role players.

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

First off, I think Russ had a severe hand injury that he played through all year which affected his shot.  No way he has shooting numbers like last year again this year.  Second, he learned to defer to PG all season, everyone wants to blame Russ for taking shots but PG scored 6, SIX fucking points in an elimination game.  So what is he supposed to do? 

As much as I hate D'antoni, Russ will like the style of offense they play.  A freight train like Westbrook leading the break instead of CP3?  I'd say that's an upgrade. 

FUCK I HATE THE NBA. 

Dude, Russ is going to like the way they play?  Harden running out the clock just to jack up a 3, or kick it to another shooter?!  Both of them need the ball in their hands to be efficient.  And it certainly isn't going to happen playing together.  Things may seem like they work at first, but not when the big games come along and shit gets to crunch time. 

The HOU system is basically a polar opposite to what makes WB thrive.  He's going to hate it.

12 minutes ago, Mitch. said:

Dude, Russ is going to like the way they play?  Harden running out the clock just to jack up a 3, or kick it to another shooter?!  Both of them need the ball in their hands to be efficient.  And it certainly isn't going to happen playing together.  Things may seem like they work at first, but not when the big games come along and shit gets to crunch time. 

The HOU system is basically a polar opposite to what makes WB thrive.  He's going to hate it.

D'antoni's entire system is based on speed and 3's and lobs.  Remember the Steve Nash Suns?  

Stack the paint and stop Russ from getting to the rim/pick and roll with Capela, oh ok, here's Harden, Tucker, etc just waiting to knock down a three.   Keep defenders on the wing and devote all energy on stopping Harden and the shooters? Oh ok, have fun with Westbrook knifing down the lane at the basket for either a dunk or a pocket pass to a big man. 

The only players who need to touch the ball are Harden and Russ.  They don't move the ball and haven't since the emergence of Harden, there is plenty of time to split the ball between both of them.  I think it's going to work extremely well or Westbrook wouldn't have requested to be traded to Houston.  

• Like 1

I hate the Rockets as we all have here. I was upset he moved there instead of Miami. 

Thought about it more and I've accepted it and I'm rooting for them to win now. That's how much I love the brodie.

Something all you saying Russ is a ballhog should consider is Russ this year was letting schroeder and pg to handle the ball a lot. He actually was 15 in usage rate.

• Like 1