NBA

Mitch.

It's hard for me because I hear all of the talk about Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kareem etc etc, but I just have no reference for how "good" they were compared to Lebron.   I'd have an easier time making a "current" NBA top list instead of all time.

3 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

It's hard for me because I hear all of the talk about Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kareem etc etc, but I just have no reference for how "good" they were compared to Lebron.   I'd have an easier time making a "current" NBA top list instead of all time.

Yeah it's hard to compare eras, that's why you want to measure impact on their current era

On 6/30/2020 at 12:17 AM, Dylan_ said:

Yeah I’ve been watching rugby and Australian football and it just isn’t the same for me. It’s like I’m watching a practice match or something. The crowd plays a even more important role during basketball so it’s gonna feel odd without 20,000 fans adding to the atmosphere. 

Even if my Lakers win the championship I know it’s not gonna have the same feeling so I was 100% okay with the season just being cancelled. 

Rugby, or rugby league?  Is it the Aussie one?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, NeverOliver said:

This anti Jewish stuff coming from pro athletes, whether directly or through silence is really depressing. 

Yeah, it's really surprising and disappointing. I wonder how many of them feel/have always felt that way. It sucks knowing the people we thought were active voices in fighting racism have those same views themselves.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think Blazers take this series in 6.  I think they are the better TEAM.   AD and Lebron will both fire in one or two games, but I can't see them taking the whole team.  Just my opinion....

On 8/19/2020 at 12:06 AM, Mitch. said:

I think Blazers take this series in 6.  I think they are the better TEAM.   AD and Lebron will both fire in one or two games, but I can't see them taking the whole team.  Just my opinion....

I guess your opinion is trash haha 

The Lakers and especially LeBron have looked solid the last two games.

15 hours ago, Mitch. said:

God I love nothing more than seeing Rockets lose!

58 3pa!  Fucking ugly 'ball!
Really hope OKC takes the series now.

Honestly wish more people would call out Harden for his garbage style, hunting for fouls, flailing his legs around trying to draw 3-pt fouls.  That team is an embarrassment. 

They are just terrible to have your team play a series against.  I predict Russ comes back on Wednesday, and he's rusty and the Rockets lose again.  But then they come out hot in game 6 and win. 

Not sure who I pick for a game 7 because you know Harden will be bullshit-foul hunting the whole game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

I guess your opinion is trash haha 

The Lakers and especially LeBron have looked solid the last two games.

Yeaahhhhhh I was way off with this one!   Hahaha.
No Dame for Portland anymore either.  Easy win for LA now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Honestly wish more people would call out Harden for his garbage style, hunting for fouls, flailing his legs around trying to draw 3-pt fouls.  That team is an embarrassment. 

They are just terrible to have your team play a series against.  I predict Russ comes back on Wednesday, and he's rusty and the Rockets lose again.  But then they come out hot in game 6 and win. 

Not sure who I pick for a game 7 because you know Harden will be bullshit-foul hunting the whole game.

Harden is a fucking joke.  
He gets shitty in the playoffs because his bullshit foul hunting doesn't work as much.  
Such an overrated POS.  Haha.

I really hope OKC win the series.  And it's with a CP3 dagger right in Harden's face to close it out too.

• Like 2

I'm all for them taking a stand.  But come on, it's a game of basketball.
And to be fair, it's not going to change a thing.

There's BLM movements all over the world.  Both incidents were horrible, don't get me wrong. I just don't believe some men, who are getting paid millions, and who are likely to do so even while not playing, sitting out games is going to change a thing.
Wouldn't it be better for them to play, and help take people's minds off the tragic incidents even for only a few hours?

If it had of been a black cop who shot, nothing would have been said at all.

It's the media's fault in the end really.  

• Like 1