NBA

Mitch.

23 minutes ago, A Bun With No Patent said:

Steph is the best player since Lebron, yes.  If not better, it's debatable imo.  Steph is just as impactful as Lebron, and hasn't been candy gift wrapped every roster he's ever wanted.  He makes it work with whoever, rosters/coaches have to make it work for Lebron, perfectly.

Lebron has played in 10 (TEN) finals.  He drug a carcass of a Cavs team there where he started alongside the HOF lineup in Larry Hughes, Zyldrunas Ilgauskas, Sasha Pavlovic and Drew Gooden in 2007.

Not trying to knock Steph too much, and I'm far from a Lebron lover, but to compare them is a biiiiiiiiit of a stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Lebron has played in 10 (TEN) finals.  He drug a carcass of a Cavs team there where he started alongside the HOF lineup in Larry Hughes, Zyldrunas Ilgauskas, Sasha Pavlovic and Drew Gooden in 2007.

Not trying to knock Steph too much, and I'm far from a Lebron lover, but to compare them is a biiiiiiiiit of a stretch.

Lol not at all.  LeBron has had everything spoon fed to him. It's less impressive than just being a transcendent player like Steph (who neither I would put near Jordan, mind you), but LeBron has done a bit more, can do a bit more overall, so it really evens out.  Offense will always be more impressive than defense in NBA.  Steph is one of the GOATS in that regard.

That team was all LeBron, yes, but the East at that time had like Boston and that was it, always. It was a cake walk almost every year outside 1-2 and even then, it wasn't like doing that West back then when all 4 rounds were a battle.

Now LeBron gets to just take off for load management and not get back on defense 3/4 the season.

I'm a LeBron hater but I can recognize how gifted he is. He's not top 5 though, sorry. I hate that he's lumped in there so casually.  He has some major flaws offensively.  Defensively he doesn't even get back and give me Jordan or Kobe at 100% on the perimeter.

LeBron = Magic, modern day, simple as that.

Steph is like the greatest shooter we've ever seen. Basketball is largely about shooting, and now it literally is all shooting.  I think they're pretty close.

28 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

What's your top 5?  Let's beat a dead-sportscenter topic!

Best evers:

Jordan, Wilt,

Right after:

KAJ

Magic/Bird

Kobe/Shaq, Hakeem/LeBron/Duncan

DR J, Russell/Dirk, Steph

Possibles:

Durant, Lebron, Leonard, Robertson, West, Stockton/Malone, Moses, Chris Paul, Garnett

Next:

Iverson, Wade, Maravich, Tmac/VC, Pippen, Barkley, Kidd, Nash, Giannis, Robinson, Ray Allen, some old fuckers

idk ranking is really hard, sometimes I go back and forth. I would put LeBron in either of those two, honestly I feel like I'm overrating him again due to societal pressure.

Jordan had the perfect career, and came in at the 90s, when media is still accessible to us.. but honestly, Wilt or KAJ might have been just as big or impactful at the time we just don't really know forsure.  Imagine Wilt Chamberlain when all your league is little white YMCA pickup guys.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving the NBA right now.  Harden getting rightfully put in his place, the Warriors are fun for me to watch without Durant @NeverOliver, Thunder rebuilding with a bright future.

What happens when Klay is ready to come back? I don't know much about their rotation but it seems like so many of the Warriors young guys have carved out a perfect niche, may get too crowded?

4 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I'm loving the NBA right now.  Harden getting rightfully put in his place, the Warriors are fun for me to watch without Durant @NeverOliver, Thunder rebuilding with a bright future.

What happens when Klay is ready to come back? I don't know much about their rotation but it seems like so many of the Warriors young guys have carved out a perfect niche, may get too crowded?

I think the assumption is that Poole goes to the bench and runs the second unit. But yeah they’re really deep - if nothing else it’ll allow Klay to ease back into things. Hopefully he takes more minutes from Wiggins than he does Poole. 

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine you’re KD. You go to Oakland to play with Steph but you’re surprised you don’t take over as fan favorite. So you move 3,000 miles away to play with a conspiracy theorist who isn’t eligible to play. Steph pays you a visit, dad dicks you, and your home crowd is showering him in MVP chants and cheering for him to take another 3 in the midst of the blowout. 

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

Imagine you’re KD. You go to Oakland to play with Steph but you’re surprised you don’t take over as fan favorite. So you move 3,000 miles away to play with a conspiracy theorist who isn’t eligible to play. Steph pays you a visit, dad dicks you, and your home crowd is showering him in MVP chants and cheering for him to take another 3 in the midst of the blowout. 

delicious

• 2 months later...

My relationship with Russ is weird. I’ve never liked him as a player and he’s worse now. He’s way unaware of his own issues with his game which is a huge peeve of mine. But he also seems like a nice enough guy and I feel bad for stealing Durant from him. 

So I don’t really feel bad or great about what’s going on. But will say glad it’s happening to the Lakers. 

• Like 1

He's not playing great.  But he's taking almost all of the blame when if you actually look at their roster it is just pure garbage. 

Ever since Beverly took his knee out he hasn't been able to shoot his normal jumpshot, and I think right now he's trying SO hard it's affecting his shot even more. 

I am definitely enjoying the Lakers meltdown though.  Sure, Lebron will bring you one ring, but you pay for that ring with a completely decimated roster and years of bad basketball afterwards.

• Like 2

I never liked Westbrook because of his unawareness of his game as well.  As great as he is at some things, his tunnel vision pull up chucks have always bothered me and knew he would never last doing that once he has any injury or athleticism decline.

I liked his motor to keep going 100% when it was just like him and Adams though.

That said, I imagine playing with LeBron is supe fucking hard, unless all you do is shoot 3s or are a big man.  It's so obvious the game slows down to his pace and you become a spot up player or cutter not another playmaker