NBA

Mitch.

2 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

You didn't even have a team until '08.

Is that an OKC reference? I'm a Magic fan homie. Penny/Shaq era is my sports core in general. I'm also a secondary Lakers fan

OKC is lame. they pray before games and have a shitty gas station logo on their jerseys

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

Just now, Ghent said:

Is that an OKC reference? I'm a Magic fan homie. Penny/Shaq era is my sports core in general. I'm also a secondary Lakers fan

OKC is lame. they pray before games and have a shitty gas station logo on their jerseys

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you.  I loved the 90s but was super young.  Penny/Shaq were awesome though.  

37 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

seemed like a classic "take it easy" game to me.

Seems like for the entire Kerr era the Warriors routinely fall behind early in playoff games, so I’m pretty used to it. Early on Memphis pushed the lead to 12ish and I texted a friend that we weren’t going to win this one. The lack of effort was evident immediately, which I find prettttty infuriating 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

Seems like for the entire Kerr era the Warriors routinely fall behind early in playoff games, so I’m pretty used to it. Early on Memphis pushed the lead to 12ish and I texted a friend that we weren’t going to win this one. The lack of effort was evident immediately, which I find prettttty infuriating 

I'm sure all it's gonna do is guarantee a flamethrower game from Steph and Klay lol.

2 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

I wish I could have got excited, but I've seen this from them when they used to play Zbo era Grizzlies.  They would always come to Memphis and look lathargic af, but not really care.  Almost like they just hate playing in Memphis so much but "know" they will win at home.

I think they will win the series still, obviously, but I think they might get pushed another game now if Memphis comes ready.  Which they will regret then.

They definitely do this in the playoffs though.  'A loss is a loss' type of deal, and don't get rattled by the size of it.

7 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Fuckin Bucks.  Hated watching that game, Smart is so frustrating but wish he was on my team.  George Hill needs to retire

weird lackluster game for them. 

Let's go CP3!!!

• Like 1

CP3 should retire.  He's saying he's not retiring right after that loss...It's weird that it hit right after his birthday on the dot, but 37 is old as dirt in the NBA.  He should just let it be and not potentially drag the Suns team down next year if he's lost it..will be even more painful than those last few games he put out.  All time great player, top PG ever, too bad he stinks as the rounds go on.

He did have that 14/14 game like the series before, but he probably runs out of gas and that won't get easier

20 hours ago, NeverOliver said:

Steph probably only has room to jump a couple spots on the all time list. But I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t kill for him to get a FMVP to shut up them haters. 

I don't know, I know he doesn't have that all time defense, and has had a few share of blunders on the playoffs/finals under pressure, but what he's done for the game (whether you like it or not) and the continued offensive dominance is just hard to ignore.  I can only think of like 5 players that were so incredibly dominant at their positions the game altered because of it, and none of them were 6'2.  He's had a great team, but he's taken advantage of it.  I mean Jordan? Shaq? Wilt? Who else has changed the game like him.