NBA

Mitch.

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Maybe the 3 point line should go back and the corner three eliminated. Not having the corner campers alone would help the game.

It would but then they'd never take another corner jumper to save their life.  It would change the game tremendously.  You'd be playing in a box instead of a half-sphere..would be interesting to see though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Release Some Shit said:

This just seems silly though, then you have no outside shot?  So then you have one three point shooter sitting next to half court, while they go for post shots, or kick it out to half court for a 3 pter?  

How are you moving it back 10-12 feet?  I thought you were talking 2-3 feet.  

How about 2 ptrs are worth 2.5 instead?  It's just about balance, more incentive to shoot mid-range/jumpers ties the whole game together.

Oh, I wouldn’t want it actually moved back that far….but moving back a bit would likely send Steph, Trae, Dame & co. out farther. Which wouldn’t work out for many outside of those three, not at first at least. 

I’m not going to act like I know the solution, but I’d prefer a longer 3 to a 2.5 point shot. 

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Pretty crazy how much shooting has improved and changed the game since I was a kid. Back then every team had like one token 3 point wizard and everyone else was a pounder or slasher.

I'm not a big fan of the style of ball we get today. Too much spacing and standing around. Loved it back when it was new though

My buddy and I were just talking about how high scoring the games are these days. There's so little defense being played.

I remember the days when 100-95 was a high scoring game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dylan_ said:

My buddy and I were just talking about how high scoring the games are these days. There's so little defense being played.

Hard to play defense when 4 guys are parked around the 3 point line I guess

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I don't really think it's the actual quality of defense in a lot of cases.  30 point games are off the chart this year, I think it's officiating and calling a foul every other play.

My current favorite player SGA is adept at getting contact, dude averages 32ppg or something and over half of those points come from the line.  It's infuriating but just how things are.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

It's just a shooting and layup drill, with an occasional tough battle for a rebound.  

18 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I don't really think it's the actual quality of defense in a lot of cases.  30 point games are off the chart this year, I think it's officiating and calling a foul every other play.

My current favorite player SGA is adept at getting contact, dude averages 32ppg or something and over half of those points come from the line.  It's infuriating but just how things are.

Defensive schemes and player's abilities are better than ever, the game is just broken. 

9 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Thunder Up! 

Isaiah Joe > Steph Curry

who?!? 🤔 (joking, but only slightly…🙃

I didn’t catch the game last night, but I know how it went…did hear my man Wardell had 40 too…he’s 2 games back, give him time. 

3 minutes ago, heater said:

who?!? 🤔 (joking, but only slightly…🙃

I didn’t catch the game last night, but I know how it went…did hear my man Wardell had 40 too…he’s 2 games back, give him time. 

lol that's part of the joke.  He was cut by Philly and has been an absolute sniper all season.

who the fuck is Wardell

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

lol that's part of the joke.  He was cut by Philly and has been an absolute sniper all season.

who the fuck is Wardell

Wardell Stephen Curry II. He’s about to be 35 next week & the best 3 point shooter the world has ever seen, 4 rings…maybe 5 in a few months…perhaps you’ve heard of him? 🙃🤣

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Wardell needs lessons on how to actually put the mouthpiece in his mouth instead of chewing on it like a 4 year old.

Constantly play with it, idk why he even wears it at this point…but Wardell is a big kid at heart & this is a big reason I love me some him. 🥰🥰🤣🤣 

9 minutes ago, Release Some Shit said:

Steph might be the best shooter all time, but give me Klay or Ray Allen for a spot up 3 anytime. 

Absolutely! I’d bet a million Steph agrees…I think his happiness to share the ball/assists to Klay over the years says as much, too. Dude had something like 10-11 dribbles in his 61 point game…he’s obviously incredible at spot up shooting. Far better than Curry, facts.  

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

man I miss Ray Allen.  Korver was always fun too.

Kyle Korver is a friend of mine’s favorite player ever, I’ve always loved to watch him too.

well…not always against my Warriors though. 

• Like 1