NBA

Mitch.

2 hours ago, OliversHugeLog said:

You can call it the load management era, but Lebron has never been load managed.
By the time Vince Carter retired he was a bench piece.
Lebron is in year 20 as a clear top 10 player in the NBA. Vince Carter played 14 seasons after he last appeared in an all star game

Let's not shit on Vince now.  What he did was pretty remarkable, role player or not.  I get that Lebron is still a top player which enhances his legacy, but it does make a difference not having a very physical league for majority of his career.  Even Steph Curry is 35, that's dinosaur age for NBA players in the past, they just age better now with better technology and the less physicality, not playing like the playoffs until - the playoffs.  

I'm still putting Steph in my top 5 or tied with Lebron!

12 minutes ago, Roux said:

Trust Celtics to play amazing all season and average in the playoffs 🥲

I kind of think that win by Philly sealed the series win for Boston.

It took a career playoff high performance from Harden who hasn't scored like that in years to barely pull out a win.  Boston played lazy and stupid the whole game AND got embarrassed.  Embiid is going to actually have to play and Harden is going to have to continue playing like Houston-Harden for Philly to complete the upset. 

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

It took a career playoff high performance from Harden who hasn't scored like that in years to barely pull out a win.  Boston played lazy and stupid the whole game AND got embarrassed.  Embiid is going to actually have to play and Harden is going to have to continue playing like Houston-Harden for Philly to complete the upset. 

That first sentence is kind of wild, but I can actually see the rest of it. The fact that they stole an away game without Embiid had me sure this series was set the other way…but those are all good points. Harden stepped up to the occasion, but if Boston turns it up…he’s going to need to stay at that level & have Embiid or others step up too. 

I just hope it’s a good series. 

Boston is by far the better team.  I'm rooting for Philly but their roster is bad and they have underachieved the entire Embiid tenure. 

I also fully expect Doc to have a coaching collapse coming. Boston in 6.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Boston also shot like 77% in the 1st half and closed it with a 3 point lead. So there’s probably separate takeaways from both half’s 

54 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

i hope so - but at the end of the day they still lost. They seem to have lost that spark they had during the season - none of these games have been impressive imo - hopefully they kick on and kill teams off. 

Embiid (when fit) can be scary. 

I thought Philly might grab this because of G1 but JarJar makes a good point.  I think Boston takes this now, it's almost inevitable Harden will not keep that up the rest of the series and probably just the opposite.  He's known for having big games then looking lost in the headlines further down the series.  

Boston in 6 as well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Brooks told by Memphis that they have no interest. You love to see it

Skipped media after the Laker losses….after he talked all that shit, couldn’t back it up or admit he was wrong. Absolutely love to see it. 

• Like 1

Dray tech cost them 1 point and no possession. But I texted my buddy I wish he could stfu. 

let me ask you guys this. After the pool mess at the end of the game, Schröder gets the rebound and there are six hands on the ball. Two hands belong to Lakers four hands belong to warriors. Lakers are allowed to take a time out instead of it being a jump ball.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills that this isn’t being talked about more. And I don’t think I’m being a homer, because, despite the free-throw disparity, I had only minor issues with the officiating.

6 hours ago, BK Lounge said:

So Draymond not letting it go with the refs again cost them 2 points and a possession..and it did nothing to fire anyone up but himself..could have been the difference at the end.

Also, Poole needs to not shoot that.  

Fun game, seems pretty even matched.

Draymond is gonna Draymond. 😩😩😩

16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They also called a travel on Lebron at the end that was ridiculous. Of all the pivot foot traveling that goes on in the NBA, they whistle THAT

I only remember seeing one travel called on LeBron (but it was a late game & I was a bit in & out at the end) down the middle of the lane….that was definitely a travel though…

Just now, Stan said:

Draymond is gonna Draymond. 😩😩😩

I only remember seeing one travel called on LeBron (but it was a late game & I was a bit in & out at the end) down the middle of the lane….that was definitely a travel though…

Looked the same as 99% of the shit that goes uncalled to me but I haven't watched it again

Just now, Ghent said:

Looked the same as 99% of the shit that goes uncalled to me but I haven't watched it again

I didn’t catch it originally, but I saw the slowed down replay after the call. Definitely looked like 3 full steps to me.