NBA

Mitch.

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

10 finals appearances (with a chance of 11) is pretty strong on the "legacy" side of things. 

How many pairs of Lebron's does MJ have and how many pairs of MJ's do you think Lebron has?

I rest my case.

Lebron's legacy is very strong one (although forced), Jordan's is just perfect is the thing.

Jokic came through, but the game was a lot closer than should have been with the miracle 3s they kept hitting.  Kinda nervous LA might squeeze in the finals.  

I'd like to see Jimmy Buckets get a ring right now with that team.  Would be crazy.  Denver's kinda boring.  Boston wins enough and meh.  LA would cause Lebron legacy talks for the next 2 years.   

Go Heat.

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They lost, but for some reason it felt like the Lakers won last night with all the shots Denver poured in, only to win by 5

I was concerned (for the Lakers) in the first half, but not at all by the end. It was game 1, away…I thought the Nuggets would take this one & possibly the next too anyway. 

• Like 1

Lakers had so many opportunities to tie the series last night. But Lebron looked his age out there. Missed lay-ups, dunks and then settling for long threes. They went away from everything that was working. Also it doesn't help when your other star doesn't show up. 

Street Clothes just can't be depended on in a forced go-to scoring role. He still had like 15 boards and was playing lock down D, but his scoring has to come naturally through a functioning offense and clean up. He can't do it like Lebron can

If Mickey wanted to take over, why not just drive recklessly into the paint and see what happens? I don't get settling for threes when you've been a brick layer the entire playoffs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If Mickey wanted to take over, why not just drive recklessly into the paint and see what happens? I don't get settling for threes when you've been a brick layer the entire playoffs.

He looked absolutely gassed those last few minutes. Which means he also didn't have the legs for those long threes. They should have been running the offense through Rui and Reaves. They went away from everything that was working.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He did right at the end there, ran the entire court & drove to the basket like it was absolutely effortless. We were talking about how he should’ve done more of that instead of chucking 3s. He looked gassed though too. 

• Like 1