NBA

Mitch.

The Nuggets are just too good. When one of their players cant score then another steps up. Thats what the Lakers have been missing. 

I like both the Nuggets and Heat so wouldnt mind either team winning tbh. But if Jimmy could win a ring as an 8th seen then that would be massive. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

The Nuggets are just too good. When one of their players cant score then another steps up. Thats what the Lakers have been missing. 

I like both the Nuggets and Heat so wouldnt mind either team winning tbh. But if Jimmy could win a ring as an 8th seen then that would be massive. 

That's every Lebron lead team.  He dictates way too much of the offense, and it's entirely focused around his point guarding/directing.  Always been the biggest issue with Lebron lead teams.  If he's sucking, no one is going to step up, they don't get the ball enough too except when Kyrie and Wade were aside him. 

Bosh is the only guy I can think of that could fit into that and still "step up" when needed at random because of his isolation big man game that doesn't require any type of setup.

Lebron also sucks off ball for shooting so provides no spacing for his teammates truthfully to be able to operate better either.

As you can tell, I think Lebron's overrated and way too coddled in every aspect.

Anthony Davis was meant to that guy who can dictate the offense when Lebron is down or on the bench. But the guy is just too inconsistent. Kobe needed Pau and he stepped up every night. 

Its no excuse but Lebron and Davis are both obviously injured and will need surgery in the offseason. Starting 2-10 and then making the conference finals is pretty incredible. This group only played 24 games together before the playoffs started.

• Like 1

Kobe Pau was great.  Loved that relationship.  Pau was super soft and Kobe wasn't having it, if not even better than Jordan in the way he pushed Pau but kept him feeling respected.

If, big if, Jimmy Butler wins a ring with this Heat team..that might pretty up there, not putting it up their with Dirk's, but it's pretty damn special to see

52 minutes ago, LizzosChrisCrocker said:

I’ve been so bored with the conference finals, I’m just hoping for a double sweep to end this nonsense. & I hope the Heat & Nuggets make the finals interesting….or this will be the most boring post season I can recall…ever. 

Both Lakers and Celtics coming back from 3-0 down would be pretty damn entertaining! But its not gonna happen haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Celtics need to get in the bin, absolutely no respect for that team.  At least the Lakers are giving complete effort and being competitive. 

Agreed. I’m not a Boston fan at all, but I’ve always liked Tatum….he’s obviously not ready to be the #1 guy on the big stage tho. At. All.

I had a bit of faith the Lakers could come back…til they went down 3. Now I’m just ready for it to be over. 

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I have been a Tatum-Simp just because I liked that he was a huge Kobe fan.  But nah, Tatum has no killer instinct and needs to drop the Kobe act, it's embarrassing.

This conference finals fail should be a bit humbling, I hope. 😬

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

A team that two of my kids honestly think is named after chicken nuggets is going to win the Finals

Delicious. 

& now I need to know what my kids think of their name. Mine watch Warriors games with me, but only one of the older ones really cares about basketball so far. The youngest is starting the earliest though & says, “we love the team with the bridge!” 🙃🤣

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ghent said:

Thought he retired like 7 years ago lmao

Same, and I follow the NBA rather religiously. 

14 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Melo officially retiring.  One of my favorite players and the last bastion of iso-ball.

Dude was fucking LETHAL in NBA2k.

giphy.gif

I love-hate Melo.  In some ways, he's totally toxic to a team and annoyingly stubborn as fuck about his iso game, ruined the knicks imo that were grooving before him imo.  

On the other hand, he's kind of the essence of NBA basketball, and one of the most lethal scorers of all time that you can only respect. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1