NBA

Mitch.

Inspiring performance by Lebron. He tried so hard to get his teammates involved in the third qtr but AD and Schroder couldn't even buy a basket. AD showed up the last couple minutes of game but too little too late.  You cant expect to win when a 38 year old is carrying your team. Props to Jokic and Denver. They are fun to watch.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Inspiring performance by Lebron. He tried so hard to get his teammates involved in the third qtr but AD and Schroder couldn't even buy a basket. AD showed up the last couple minutes of game but too little too late.  You cant expect to win when a 38 year old is carrying your team. Props to Jokic and Denver. They are fun to watch.

Yeah…Bron did everything he possibly could. Completely agree with everything you said. AD needed to step up more 3 games ago. Bummer, but good for Joker & co. Hopefully the finals will be great….anything should be better than these conference finals. 

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

How many years are left on his Lakers deal? 1 or 2?

2 years but he has a player option for the 2024/2025 season. 

He most likely will play one more season with the Lakers and then opt-out and play a farewell season with his son. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LizzosChrisCrocker said:

2. After the game he emphasized he has, “a LOT to think about,” before next season. 

Yeah theres no chance he will retire without a farewell season like Kobe had. And i cant see him asking for a trade either since his son committed to USC so he probably wants to stay close to home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dylan_ said:

Yeah theres no chance he will retire without a farewell season like Kobe had. And i cant see him asking for a trade either since his son committed to USC so he probably wants to stay close to home.

I was thinking he might push for someone(s) else to be traded. I can’t see him leaving the Lakers this season & absolutely couldn’t imagine him leaving without a farewell either.  

• Like 1

The thing is the Lakers dont really have many assets to trade. D'Lo isnt going to get you much after that conference finals performance and I don't see them dealing AD either. I think they will build around AD, Reaves and Rui and trade D'Lo for some core role players. The Nuggets proved how important it is to have role players who can perform each night. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kelsey Kardashian said:

Bron was fucking awful down the stretch, what are you guys talking about?  He had a killer first half though.

He’s 38, did EVERYTHING the first half. Played the entire 48, I don’t imagine he had much left at that point…

What more could he really have done? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kelsey Kardashian said:

Bron was fucking awful down the stretch, what are you guys talking about?  He had a killer first half though.

Do you even watch basketball?

38 year old is fucking gassed and did everything to get his teammates involved. He got AD, Schroder and Rui so many good looks but they couldnt hit. 

• Like 1

Just now, LizzosChrisCrocker said:

He’s 38, did EVERYTHING the first half. Played the entire 48, I don’t imagine he had much left at that point…

What more could he really have done? 

This is always the narrative though.  I don't like it. 48 minutes is 48 minutes.  38, 42, 48, 54.  what difference does it really make, in an elimination game of the playoffs, once per year, when he saves himself all year for?

I just can't see Jordan or whatever other great getting locked up by someone like Jamal Murray on an essential drive, or bricking it off the backboard on a fadeaway shot prior.  Then walking around giving up per usual, waiting to shake hands with the opponents and hit the beach with D Wade before getting mad about losing. 

Lebron always has an escape for his fanbase.

Not saying he's not an all time great, his talent and resume speaks for itself.  He's just not "it" like that.  

2 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Do you even watch basketball?

38 year old is fucking gassed and did everything to get his teammates involved. He got AD, Schroder and Rui so many good looks but they couldnt hit. 

It's an elimination game in the playoffs.

These guys rest all year, they can handle a 48 minute game 😂.  

I agree AD and the rest of the Lakers were way bigger letdowns, I'm just saying, freeing Lebron from any criticism every time is just a constant joke.  It's not like he makes it easy for other players to operate with his blackhole needing the ball for the offense to run smoothly.

I mean…I’ve never played basketball at a high level for 20 years…but I did grow babies 6 years apart & I FELT that 6years. Daily. My body was built for this, but age absolutely played a factor in how I felt & what I felt capable of doing…

48 minutes is a lot at that age, at that level, especially being the #1…

I’m not even a Bron fan, just a basketball fan. Dude did everything he could, IMO. Bron is still getting plenty of hate, just not from me. 

The dude has been criticized to a freakish degree his entire career. No other player has had to put up with anything even close to what has come his way. Where is this free pass?

If anything, he should have just said fuck his teammates and started ball hogging in the second half. Their best chance at winning that game was a 38 year old rough housing, pretty sad on the rest of the players parts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

The dude has been criticized to a freakish degree his entire career. No other player has had to put up with anything even close to what has come his way. Where is this free pass?

If anything, he should have just said fuck his teammates and started ball hogging in the second half. Their best chance at winning that game was a 38 year old rough housing, pretty sad on the rest of the players parts

My Curry gets a pretty high amount of hate for how fucking good he is too….but I agree with all this.