NBA

Mitch.

I'm just a Jimmy Butler guy.  Hope that makes sense.

Anyway let's stop talking about the losers this year, we have some good basketball left. 

Hope he wins this out, would be an incredible feat, even if they are pretty good for an 8 seed.  

Jokic will probably punish them though, I see Lowry containing Murray.

X factors both ways (Gordon, Herro, Caldwell Pope, Vincent)

I think Heat are better coached. 

My money's on the Heat in 7.  And Jimmy finally gets a real life NBA profile photo.

1 hour ago, Kelsey Kardashian said:

We're talking about the end of games.  Not talking about any of this.  I feel like as a sports fan I'm allowed to be bothered by that, you can not, that's fine. I don't like when a player of his caliber influences the idea of shaking hands before the games even over or 30+ seconds.  He's done this. I just hate it, that's me though.

For the record, I didn't like when Giannis went on and started saying there's no such thing as losing when Butler just annihilated them as the 1 seed first round. 

Start of games or end of games - it's all part of the same thing. He still has to play - and to do it at his age is phenomenal, his influence is still effective and he's still putting in solid shift for his team.

I'd shift more blame to the players around him that need to contribute more. 

The rest of the stuff you mentioned is just petty stuff imo.  

• Like 1

Just now, Roux said:

Same - but i'd love the same for Joker too.

I deleted my post cause i forgot the Celtics are still in it! If they win game 5 that could actually swing momentum their way which would be huge. As a Lakers fan it would kill me to see the Celtics become the first time to come back from 0-3 down haha

And I do love the Joker. He is so different from every other NBA star and its really refreshing.

23 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I deleted my post cause i forgot the Celtics are still in it! If they win game 5 that could actually swing momentum their way which would be huge. As a Lakers fan it would kill me to see the Celtics become the first time to come back from 0-3 down haha

And I do love the Joker. He is so different from every other NBA star and its really refreshing.

Yeah my Celtics got the last game - but to be honest, they don't deserve to be there. Other than the odd game, they've been terrible imo - really al over the place. Still, if they can pull off the reverse sweep - it would be incredible. 

15 minutes ago, Roux said:

Yeah my Celtics got the last game - but to be honest, they don't deserve to be there. Other than the odd game, they've been terrible imo - really al over the place. Still, if they can pull off the reverse sweep - it would be incredible. 

Yeah I think the Celtics would actually match up really well with the Nuggets. They are so talented but are too inconsistent. If they somehow manage to pull this series off in 7 games the Nuggets will be too rested to overcome i think.

• Like 1

Someone said Jokic plays like he's wearing flip flops and I can't unsee it.

SO funny! I’ve always seen him as a giant toddler, especially before he got in better shape. It doesn’t always look graceful & pretty, but he gets shit done. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kelsey Kardashian said:

True, but I think Heat still squeeze one more out and win it. 

Then get swept in finals..

If Boston manage to win game 6 then I think thats the series for them. 

But yeah I do believe a Celtics vs Nuggets series would be much more competitive. I give the edge to the Nuggets though because they will have had a huge rest. 

46 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I think the Celtics finally realized they are much better than the Heat. It only took 3 losses! 

I wish they realized this after game 2. They need two perfect games now. 

I think Celtics can blitz Nuggets in a final.

• Like 1

Gent you are literally the only one bringing up race.

I've been pondering a lot now that Lebron's career is possibly over.

It's tough to compare, because Jordan/Kobe are so competitive and fierce, and are the most elite, and more elite than Lebron, individually scoring and defending.

LeBron is good at everything and a more complete player, the most complete player of all time all around.

Basketball is a team game.. so it's hard.

But Jordan & Kobe, are they actually better? Or more selfish.  Is selfishness good though?

Not comparing to bigs. 

Like would you rather have Favre or Rodgers for 10 years in their prime?

One won in epic historic fashion and played his heart out and made you love every second.  One was a more complete player, statistically better and more team player, and also won.

I guess its a subjective thing - everyone likes a certain style/traits. Its hard to compare completely different eras too. 

All i cant tell you is that watching/experiencing MJ while its was all happening in the early 90s was unlike anything I've ever seen - and i live in the UK. Nothing has come close imo - i don't know enough to comment on the specifics of Kobe and LeBron game - but what sets MJ apart for me is the sheer physically he had to deal with back then - i.e the Piston badboys etc punching and kicking him.

The game these days is just fouls every play for minimal contact - i'm not fan at all.