NBA

Mitch.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

What good are they to me if they lose? That's not entertaining and I don't get free coffee. They're too good if a team to lose and when they do its because of stupid decisions and shotty playing. I still remember the pre-championship Spurs, that shit was awful.

I'm just saying, not much of a fan if you only support them when they are winning. 
I've suffered through years and years of pain with the Dubs being shit since '05...  But I've stuck with them through thick and thin, and it's paying off now.

Good to see you just jump on the bandwagon when they are winning.  Going to hurt when the Dubs beat them in the WCF this year!

Gotta love the man's work ethic. No one thought he'd be huge in college or go to the NBA, then no one thought he'd be an impact player in the NBA, then no one thought he could take it to this kind of level. He really gets after it. That being said, I'm waiting for the good stuff, like when the Dubs play teams that aren't Charlotte/Denver/etc. Same with the Spurs. That'll be must-watch basketball.

Dubs/Spurs is going to be the big one!
Cavs/Dubs rematch in CLE in a couple of weeks too, but I really don't think Cavs have much.
All they have is LBJ and Kyrie when he's not injured...  (Love is over rated), whereas GSW are so deep it's ridiculous!
Iggy, Barnes, Izeli all used to be starters on other teams, but now come off the bench, know their roles exceptionally well and don't complain. 
And guys like Brandon Rush, Ian Clarke have really stepped up too.

I really can't see anyone beating them in a 7-game series!

• 3 weeks later...

Before you start gloating...yeah we sucked ass last night.

...BUT we still meet up 3 more times this season, and the Spurs aren't even close to where they want to be. March is when the final product starts to come into view, so we'll see how much things have changed by then.

Either way, though, I'm really impressed with how Curry lit up Kawhi. I've seriously never seen anyone tear up his defense so badly. Curry probably heard the praise about Kawhi's defense and took it as a challenge, though I know Kawhi has the same work ethic and will go right at him the next game. The March meeting will probably be the most interesting between the two, unless they're still fighting for the #1 spot in April.

I wasn't going to say anything man...
Just that I didn't know roller skates were allowed on court, because Steph had Kawaii, Parker and Mills falling over all night!  Lol.
Feel sorry for you that you didn't get your free coffee though!  Lol.

Really though, I just don't know if you guys can match up with GS at every position. Younger and faster in each position...
But hey, that's just my opinion mate.

8 hours ago, Mitch. said:

I wasn't going to say anything man...
Just that I didn't know roller skates were allowed on court, because Steph had Kawaii, Parker and Mills falling over all night!  Lol.

tumblr_mczi34eQpx1qaa21mo1_500.gif

Haha sorry i just had to.

Eh, I don't live in San Antonio anyway so the free coffee thing never affected me. I think we'll get a more accurate analysis of the match-up come March (if both teams are healthy). The Spurs have found ways to overcome athleticism (see: OKC 2014), and it doesn't worry me so much...for the time being at least.

• Like 1

He was going to "destroy Steph."and "Shut Steph down" in the first game though.  I don't think you realize how hard he is to guard.  He has the best handles in the league.  Can beat you and the dribble, AND shoot from any spot on the whole court.  As good as Kawaii is on the defensive end, he's not slowing Curry down. 
Only way to do that is to remove a leg.

To be fair, that hype was generated from the media. It just took "Kawhi is the best defender in the league" and transformed it into "Kawhi is the Curry stopper." No one is shutting Curry down, but Kawhi is perfectly capable of wearing him down a bit. I know that once you get in a high pick and roll and give Curry a little space, it's over. But Kawhi is capable of a lot of things. He's one of the fastest players in the league and has the length to make you hesitate a bit. Did he get burned? Yeah, but there will be a game against GS this season where he shows how valuable he is on defense. He's been bested by LeBron, Westbrook, Irving, etc. But he's gotten them back at some point, despite people calling them "unstoppable."

LeBron was "the best player in the world" before Curry rose in 2015, and there's no doubt he was considered unstoppable. Also Westbrook is easily the most athletic guy in the league, and I don't know anyone besides Kawhi that's been able to check him.

Eh it's no shock that Kyrie sucks at defense. Not too many point guards out there that will play it.

He has terrible D!
Steph has really worked on his in the off-season.
I'd say good defender now.  Not great, but getting there.

Westbrook is good, but I still don't think OKC will do much with just him and Durant.
And no bench.

It's the same story every year with OKC. They do great in the regular season but never win it all because they get exposed in the Playoffs. On talent alone they'll easily make it to the Semis, but once an elite team gets to study them game after game, they just get picked apart because they do the same iso plays for Durant and Westbrook every time. I thought it was Scott Brooks' fault because all of his speeches were like "TRUST EACH OTHER. WE'RE DOING A LOT OF TRUSTING HERE." But now I think it's basically Durant and Westbrook trying to be "the guys." Their talent and athleticism alone can get them far, but there's no way they'll get by the Warriors because they actually run plays and match up with them athletically.

Fuck, that was close!
Credit to Philly for getting back into it.  Dubs second unit completely killed their momentum.
Considering how far ahead they were, none of the starters should have been on the court in the 4th.
Just goes to show how valuable Igodula really is.  He's the glue of that second unit.

Back-to-back tomorrow @Knicks.  Really need to step it up against Melo and Porzingus!