NBA

Mitch.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:00 PM, JarJarBlinks said:

@Mitch. you have now enjoyed the Kevin Durant experience, welcome to the club. 

Signed,

suffering Thunder fan. 

At least he has some championships to show for :( 

9 hours ago, Mitch. said:

I never "shitted" on you at all.
Wasn't reallt complaining either.
Just saying how I found it funny that he was hating on the Dubs' system.  A system that won him 2 chips.  Lol.

Haha come you told us to move on and that his shitting on okc(cause he did way worse shitting in okc when he left than what he said now about the warriors) was the truth or whatever :lol:

I don't think Curry can own the league. I think he will get exposed this year since he won't have the system he had around him, before kd got there. Maybe I'm just a hater and he ends up having a great season. Just how I feel. I also am not impressed by the lakers at all. Where's the shooting? Clippers look scary on paper but I kinda feel they miss that edge. If pg plays like he did during his mvpg moments though it's over for everyone. I really like Houston(I'm a huge Russ fan what did you all expect?) but a team lead by Russ and Harden can easily mess it all up in the play offs. I'm really curious to see Russ surrounded with shooters for the first time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he leads the league in PPG and hits the 50/40/90 club again.

I said multiple times on here KD was holding him back some from an individual standpoint, we will see. He seems like a zen player who needs a clear head to do his thing.  I'd expect a return to excellence unless he's lost a step at all with that beard.

8 hours ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

I said multiple times on here KD was holding him back some from an individual standpoint, we will see. He seems like a zen player who needs a clear head to do his thing.  I'd expect a return to excellence unless he's lost a step at all with that beard.

Completely agree man.  You could see it the way he played when KD was out.  Totally took over.
I'm just worried about him and D-Lo on the other end of the floor.  Both can score like crazy, but not the greatest on D.  Steph isn't the worst, but D-Lo is below average imo.

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Mitch. said:

Clips looked scary good yesterday.
They're so deep.  And all that without PG.

Yesss, I was hoping they’d beat the Lakers. Was a fun game. Watching any tonight?

also....Curry is about to have a bad ass season being the main scorer without KD & Klay now. Seriously cannot wait to watch him this season. I know we’re not adding any rings til at least next season, but I think Curry will easily be averaging 30+ ppg & I’m here for it. 

4 minutes ago, heater said:

Yesss, I was hoping they’d beat the Lakers. Was a fun game. Watching any tonight?

also....Curry is about to have a bad ass season being the main scorer without KD & Klay now. Seriously cannot wait to watch him this season. I know we’re not adding any rings til at least next season, but I think Curry will easily be averaging 30+ ppg & I’m here for it. 

At work today, so I will only be able to check box-scores.
Will be able to watch Dubs tomorrow though, so I'm all good with that.  Haha.

As for Curry, I am thinking 25+
There just isn't the threat of other shooters at the moment to allow defenders to sag off him, so double teams will be used a bit I am thinking.

• Like 1

I’m going to definitely be watching tomorrow night too, I try to catch all the Warriors games...I fall asleep early occasionally because they play 10:30 my time.  Gonna try to catch some of the Celtics/76ers tonight & the nuggets/blazers games if I can stay up for it. 

Well that was sad.  Gonna be a long season for me boys!  Haha. 

Fuck, Trey Young balled out today!  I really rate him. 

Loved seeing Rocks lose!  Harden is such a fraud.  Quite possibly the worst stat line I’ve seen.  Once again saved by the FTA. 

Hope they don’t win a game all year!  😂

• Like 2

I'm really annoyed the Clippers look so dominant, WITHOUT PG.  

Sets up a worse precedent even compared to the Warriors super-team.  PG was under a 3 year contract and forced his way out because of Kawhi.  Lame shit.  Contracts don't mean anything anymore and they're going to get rewarded for it. 

It's nice to enjoy watching Steph play again this year. 

7 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I'm really annoyed the Clippers look so dominant, WITHOUT PG.  

Sets up a worse precedent even compared to the Warriors super-team.  PG was under a 3 year contract and forced his way out because of Kawhi.  Lame shit.  Contracts don't mean anything anymore and they're going to get rewarded for it. 

It's nice to enjoy watching Steph play again this year. 

I’m with you man. I hate how players can get out of contracts at ease.   Happens here with rugby league.  
A player in the team I support signed a 3 year deal for 200k a season, but had an amazing season so he’s now worth around 450k+ so he’s asked for a release to go elsewhere.  Contracts don’t mean shit these days and it’s a fucking joke!

I don't like pg but I still like him more than steph. I called it he's gonna have a bad year getting exposed when everyone was saying he's gonna be an mvp. Hope I was true. 

I watched the thunder play at home yesterday, its so weird seeing them without Russ and with cp3 which I dislike. Plus Adams is showing his whole career was Russ feeding him :lol:

Hate the Rockets but as I've said before I'm rooting for them for as long as Russ is there. He was exceptional in the 4rth against the bucks. Hope he stays healthy and has a great season. 

Now here's another hot take. Giannis, as I see it, right now is the most overrated NBA player. I don't see him as a #1 guy. I know you guys don't care about this but have you seen him performing for Greek's national team? He's pathetic when they are playing actual defense on him and close the paint. If Leonard, LeBron, Harden, Westbrook, or Lillard were on that Greek team I'm sure we would have gone at least to the final of the world cup. But with Giannis as our number 1 we couldn't even beat Brazil. Look what happened when the raptors took the paint from him. I think the same will happen when they meet Philly in the play offs if everyone's healthy. And by no means I'm a hater. I'm Greek. I've been watching the dude since day one. I'll be happy if he wins a ring. The only other player I wanna see succeed in the NBA other than Russ. I just hate how much he's being overrated and being talked as the best NBA player when he's not even top 5.

20 minutes ago, petros said:

I don't like pg but I still like him more than steph. I called it he's gonna have a bad year getting exposed when everyone was saying he's gonna be an mvp. Hope I was true. 

I watched the thunder play at home yesterday, its so weird seeing then without Russ and with cp3 which I dislike. Plus Adams is showing his whole career was Russ feeding him :lol:

Hate the Rockets but as I've said before I'm rooting for them for as long as Russ is there. He was exceptional in the 4rth against the bucks. Hope he stays healthy and has a great season. 

Now here's another hot take. Giannis, as I see it, right now is the most overrated NBA player. I don't see him as a #1 guy. I know you guys don't care about this but have you seen him performing for Greek's national team? He's pathetic when they are playing actual defense on him and close the paint. If Leonard, LeBron, Harden, Westbrook, or Lillard were on that Greek team I'm sure we would have gone at least to the final of the world cup. But with Giannis as our number 1 we couldn't even beat Brazil. Look what happened when the raptors took the paint from him. I think the same will happen when they meet Philly in the play offs if everyone's healthy. And by no means I'm a hater. I'm Greek. I've been watching the dude since day one. I'll be happy if he wins a ring. The only other player I wanna see succeed in the NBA other than Russ. I just hate how much he's being overrated and being talked as the best NBA player when he's not even top 5.

Greek freak is flawed but he is insanely important to the team like an Anthony Davis is. I don't think you realize how much his length and athleticism affect another team's ability on both ends.  The Bucks have done a great job surrounding the right type of guys around him, it works.  Breaks, blocks, rebounds are still an important part of basketball.

27 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

Greek freak is flawed but he is insanely important to the team like an Anthony Davis is. I don't think you realize how much his length and athleticism affect another team's ability on both ends.  The Bucks have done a great job surrounding the right type of guys around him, it works.  Breaks, blocks, rebounds are still an important part of basketball.

I never said he's not a great player. Well deserved mvp. I just don't see him as a #1 guy and think he's massively overrated compared to players like LeBron, Harden, Leonard, Curry, Lillard, Klay, Russ, Kd, Ad he's worse. 

Like look at Russ. He's massively hated and being called the worst of the good players in the league. If you ask 10 nba fans right now 9 will tell you Giannis is better. But he's as good as a rebounder as Giannis is even in his height. He's obviously a better passer and scorer. Better free throw shooter. Even at his worst he's a better shoter. He can take over and win games with 60/14/10 performances. He's clearly a better leader although people don't see that yet I think at the end we we'll all agree Giannis is not a leader. But I guess he doesn't smile as cute as Giannis and doesn't like the media so everybody hates him cause he can't shoot. Well Giannis is even worse at that and I don't see him getting better. 

I'm just ranting on how overrated Giannis is by media and fans not on how good he actually is. Being a top 15 NBA player is huge. But people talk about him being the best.