NBA

Mitch.

1 minute ago, petros said:

Warriors with Curry and Klay will never be great again. Not next year not never. Curry can't carry a team he was mvp cause he had the perfect system that hide all his many weaknesses. I was saying that here in 2015-2016 when some people (not here) were even comparing him to MJ, said it before this season started when people were saying he would be mvp again, saying it again now. Curry isn't even top 50 all time. 

You’re so off. Curry is absolutely top 50 all time, but no, he’s no MJ. MJ is the GOAT though, no one on his level. Curry was unanimous MVP though, Get it right, thanks. And he is the best 3 point shooter OF ALL TIME. FOH with your hating ass nonsense. Dude came in and changed the entire game, you ain’t shit anymore unless you have some dudes who can make 3s....CURRY is the reason for this. Curry was the reason for that system you claim “hid all his many weaknesses.” I’d like you to expand on that because the dude moves without the ball on a godlike level, makes everyone else more open because he’s constantly being double & triple teamed, but can still drop 3s in your face all day long. I’ll make sure to quote you next year when he, Klay, Dray & these young boys are on top again. PossiblY not getting a ring, but they’ll go far again in the playoffs starting next year til Curry, Klay & Dray retire or are separated. You are either a Curry hater or you know next to nothing about basketball. That was the stupidest thing I’ve read in a while. 

Lol okay we used to have actual conversations about the nba here before you came you can go check. I was debating this respectably with Mitch years ago when kd was still in okc. You want me to find your posts saying Curry would be mvp level this year? We saw him at the start he can't win shit without his system. I hate Harden but the dude can win you games and carry teams even by shooting a lot. So can Westbrook, Lebron, kd, Jokic and Kawhi. Curry just can't. He is the best shooter of all time I agree. That doesn't make him top 50. Ray Allen is probably the second best and has made a shot Curry would never but he isn't top 50 ether. The third one Reggie Miller is top 50 since the guy could do so many things other than just shooting.

2 hours ago, heater said:

You’re so off. Curry is absolutely top 50 all time, but no, he’s no MJ. MJ is the GOAT though, no one on his level. Curry was unanimous MVP though, Get it right, thanks. And he is the best 3 point shooter OF ALL TIME. FOH with your hating ass nonsense. Dude came in and changed the entire game, you ain’t shit anymore unless you have some dudes who can make 3s....CURRY is the reason for this. Curry was the reason for that system you claim “hid all his many weaknesses.” I’d like you to expand on that because the dude moves without the ball on a godlike level, makes everyone else more open because he’s constantly being double & triple teamed, but can still drop 3s in your face all day long. I’ll make sure to quote you next year when he, Klay, Dray & these young boys are on top again. PossiblY not getting a ring, but they’ll go far again in the playoffs starting next year til Curry, Klay & Dray retire or are separated. You are either a Curry hater or you know next to nothing about basketball. That was the stupidest thing I’ve read in a while. 

I don't hate Curry but holy shit I think you're way off with this one.

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I don't hate Curry but holy shit I think you're way off with this one.

That’s cool, I’m not the first one to say it...but sure. It’s definitely a fact that you ain’t winning a ring without multiple excellent 3 point shooters. Not right now. I honestly believe that’s due largely to Curry. 

20 minutes ago, petros said:

Lol okay we used to have actual conversations about the nba here before you came you can go check. I was debating this respectably with Mitch years ago when kd was still in okc. You want me to find your posts saying Curry would be mvp level this year? We saw him at the start he can't win shit without his system. I hate Harden but the dude can win you games and carry teams even by shooting a lot. So can Westbrook, Lebron, kd, Jokic and Kawhi. Curry just can't. He is the best shooter of all time I agree. That doesn't make him top 50. Ray Allen is probably the second best and has made a shot Curry would never but he isn't top 50 ether. The third one Reggie Miller is top 50 since the guy could do so many things other than just shooting.

I stand by that statement of Curry being MVP level this year, if he wasn’t hurt. We saw Curry what, 5 games this year before he got hurt? You can’t seriously say how this year would’ve gone, he was playing with a NEW team. They need time to figure things out & yeah, obviously the system had to change without Klay, KD, Cousins, etc....they all needed time to figure out their flow together. Harden, Westbrook & KD couldn’t do shit together, how you think they’re gonna do it alone? KD already knew he couldn’t, so he joined after he got ruined. A win here or there due to “great shooting” (in Hardens case forced fouls...BS) is cool I guess....but who really cares? Being cool with not having to force every single shot & trusting your team....winning 2 MVPs & 3 rings on the way....yeah. Steph has got it. He’s easily top 50 all time, by the end of his career I see him top 25. These young kids are getting a ton of floor time this year that they wouldn’t have seen had Curry been healthy, next year with Curry & Klay back, with these kids who have some chemistry on the court together....you’re smoking that good good if you think they don’t have a chance again. 

That list of guys...Bron, Kawhi, Jokic, KD, Westbrook....none of them with more rings then Curry. Bron tying him, but Bron is this crazy elite athlete who has played 7 years more & has been to 9 Finals, he really should have more imo. Kawhi has 2, with a ton of help on the Spurs & the Raps. Jokic...none. KD has 2 that he got by hopping on the Curry bandwagon. Westbrook...none. No good reason to bring any of them into it. All of them have a good 5 inches & 30+ lbs on Curry too. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Tiny guy with no reason to be so good....but he is. 

2 minutes ago, heater said:

That’s cool, I’m not the first one to say it...but sure. It’s definitely a fact that you ain’t winning a ring without multiple excellent 3 point shooters. Not right now. I honestly believe that’s due largely to Curry.

So no other championship team has ever had multiple elite shooters?  Have you watched the NBA before 2016?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

So no other championship team has ever had multiple elite shooters?  Have you watched the NBA before 2016?

Where did I say that? I said now you HAVE to. Before you could win it with a big guy dominating the paint, now? Not so much. Not without a few 3 point shooters on the perimeter hitting those too. 

11 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

I think Curry is a total bitch with a privledged attitude but he's one of the best players ever.  The shooting is obviously non-debatable, but he's insanely crafty around the rim and a great passer.  I think he's a good teammate too, and that goes a long way.

Please expand, I definitely disagree, so curious for your reasonings.

49 minutes ago, heater said:

I stand by that statement of Curry being MVP level this year, if he wasn’t hurt. We saw Curry what, 5 games this year before he got hurt? You can’t seriously say how this year would’ve gone, he was playing with a NEW team. They need time to figure things out & yeah, obviously the system had to change without Klay, KD, Cousins, etc....they all needed time to figure out their flow together. Harden, Westbrook & KD couldn’t do shit together, how you think they’re gonna do it alone? KD already knew he couldn’t, so he joined after he got ruined. A win here or there due to “great shooting” (in Hardens case forced fouls...BS) is cool I guess....but who really cares? Being cool with not having to force every single shot & trusting your team....winning 2 MVPs & 3 rings on the way....yeah. Steph has got it. He’s easily top 50 all time, by the end of his career I see him top 25. These young kids are getting a ton of floor time this year that they wouldn’t have seen had Curry been healthy, next year with Curry & Klay back, with these kids who have some chemistry on the court together....you’re smoking that good good if you think they don’t have a chance again. 

That list of guys...Bron, Kawhi, Jokic, KD, Westbrook....none of them with more rings then Curry. Bron tying him, but Bron is this crazy elite athlete who has played 7 years more & has been to 9 Finals, he really should have more imo. Kawhi has 2, with a ton of help on the Spurs & the Raps. Jokic...none. KD has 2 that he got by hopping on the Curry bandwagon. Westbrook...none. No good reason to bring any of them into it. All of them have a good 5 inches & 30+ lbs on Curry too. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Tiny guy with no reason to be so good....but he is. 

Yeah I saw enough that confirmed what I said before the season started. 

I never said Harden and Russ will win together. Your logic of kd+harden+russ couldn't do it so no way now Russ and Harden can do it is childish. So why was Boston last year a failure if they had better players than the year before that? It doesn't go like this.

So because these guys have less rings they are worse than Curry? Wow what a great argument you made here. So I guess we should put the great Robert Horry over mj. Come on man don't use these weak arguments. 

All Curry can do to really affect the game is shoot. At a funny high level yes. But if he doesn't have a whole team of shooters around him you can take that away from him. And when you take that away from him he's hilariously bad. Yeah he moves off the ball and yeah he has some flashy passes here and there. I'm sure you're one of the people that say shit like russ' triple double averages for three years don't count shit, lebron's triple double over every single team is nothing etc etc but "wow curry can move off the ball really well, now that's a skill". Jokic with his fat belly is way more skilled and clever basketball wise than almost anyone else in the league including Curry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As most of you all know, I've been a massive Steph fan for years.  Since I started this topic all those years ago.
He is undoubtedly the greatest SHOOTER of all time.  But he has to be because of his frame.  He can't bully his way to the rim like LBJ, doesn't have the strength that Harden has to flop his way to the line, and doesn't have the pure natural, god-given, freaky talents of KD.
He has however, made up for this with his insane range, incredible handles and fairly decent ability to finish at the rim.  He's not the greatest defender, but tries hard,  and gets his fair share of steals and deflections.
Hiding him on defense is an obvious choice when you have Klay on the team when Klay is an elite defender in his position.
Him being a product of the system is somewhat true.  However, Steph IS the system.

• Love 1

Anywayyyyy....   Back to the 'ball.

What's everyone's thoughts on the season so far?
Me, I'm actually a little surprised the AD/LBJ combo is working so well, so soon.
Going to be interesting to see Kawaii and PG13 play together for the first time.
Luka is actually ballin' the fuck out this year!  He's going to be elite one day.  Soon.
Trey Young has stepped his game up too.
I think Pascall can be one of the sneaky great gets of the draft.
Harden still annoys the actual fuck outta me!  Can not watch HOU games, AT ALL!
Ja Morant is exceeding my expectations.

Been a good season so far!  (Not so much for me, but it is what it is.  Hahha)
What's everyone else thinking so far?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mitch. said:

As most of you all know, I've been a massive Steph fan for years.  Since I started this topic all those years ago.
He is undoubtedly the greatest SHOOTER of all time.  But he has to be because of his frame.  He can't bully his way to the rim like LBJ, doesn't have the strength that Harden has to flop his way to the line, and doesn't have the pure natural, god-given, freaky talents of KD.
He has however, made up for this with his insane range, incredible handles and fairly decent ability to finish at the rim.  He's not the greatest defender, but tries hard,  and gets his fair share of steals and deflections.
Hiding him on defense is an obvious choice when you have Klay on the team when Klay is an elite defender in his position.
Him being a product of the system is somewhat true.  However, Steph IS the system.

Hell yes to all that. 

Hes a top 50 player, easily, and he’s always had to work extra hard to be taken seriously. 

Steph IS the system. Yessss. Exactly what I was saying, just so concise & to the point. 

57 minutes ago, petros said:

Yeah I saw enough that confirmed what I said before the season started. 

I never said Harden and Russ will win together. Your logic of kd+harden+russ couldn't do it so no way now Russ and Harden can do it is childish. So why was Boston last year a failure if they had better players than the year before that? It doesn't go like this.

So because these guys have less rings they are worse than Curry? Wow what a great argument you made here. So I guess we should put the great Robert Horry over mj. Come on man don't use these weak arguments. 

All Curry can do to really affect the game is shoot. At a funny high level yes. But if he doesn't have a whole team of shooters around him you can take that away from him. And when you take that away from him he's hilariously bad. Yeah he moves off the ball and yeah he has some flashy passes here and there. I'm sure you're one of the people that say shit like russ' triple double averages for three years don't count shit, lebron's triple double over every single team is nothing etc etc but "wow curry can move off the ball really well, now that's a skill". Jokic with his fat belly is way more skilled and clever basketball wise than almost anyone else in the league including Curry.

Kyrie. That’s it. He’s a great player, but not a great team player...he’s just not all that he’s been made it to be, a big ego who didn’t jive with the system. I don’t think he & KD will be as great as they should be able to either. Just like KD & Russ couldn’t make it work, I also don’t see Harden & Russ pulling off a title together. I’ve never been a Russ fan at all, but he’s a beast, no I don’t belittle his achievements....I just don’t see his style making it to the end. Wins are cool & all, but it’s about rings. Not ALL about rings though, Robert Horry & MJ don’t belong in the same sentence & we all know this. 

54 minutes ago, Mitch. said:

Me, I'm actually a little surprised the AD/LBJ combo is working so well, so soon.
Going to be interesting to see Kawaii and PG13 play together for the first time.
Luka is actually ballin' the fuck out this year!  He's going to be elite one day.  Soon.
Trey Young has stepped his game up too.
I think Pascall can be one of the sneaky great gets of the draft.
Harden still annoys the actual fuck outta me!  Can not watch HOU games, AT ALL!
Ja Morant is exceeding my expectations.

Been a good season so far!  (Not so much for me, but it is what it is.  Hahha)
What's everyone else thinking so far?

AD & LBJ agreed. Figured they work out well, but didn’t see it happening this quickly. 

Kawhi & PG13 should be exciting, but it’ll take a bit. 

Luka...killing it. I just posted this morning about this kid who can’t even legally drink a beer, but he might be MVP. Crazy great season so far. 

Harden is annoying, as always. Russ is actually making HOU a bit more enjoyable for me, but I’m not a Russ fan either...just can’t deny his skill. His passing is crazy, he shoots a bit too much sometimes. 

I had Ja as ROTY, so I hope he keeps it up. Killing it. 

I have been really excited about Buddy Hield the last few years, but I haven’t seen much to brag about from him yet this season, hopefully he can get something going, he’s got a killer shot too. 

Curry is the system is gs but put Curry in Westbrooks or Hardens teams when they won mvps and he's not even in the play offs. So no. I can't count a player that had it easy over Harden and Russ as they are better players and just never had a system to win until now at least. 

Anyways. Pg13 is such a clown. So right now he has said in different occasions he was a fan of the Lakers always then he changed that to the clippers and then said he always wanted to win next to a player like Russ. And now guess what. He always wanted to team up with Leonard in the spurs. What do you expect from the guy that married the stripper he got pregnant with whom he cheated his then gf with. 

2 hours ago, petros said:

Curry is the system is gs but put Curry in Westbrooks or Hardens teams when they won mvps and he's not even in the play offs. So no. I can't count a player that had it easy over Harden and Russ as they are better players and just never had a system to win until now at least. 

Anyways. Pg13 is such a clown. So right now he has said in different occasions he was a fan of the Lakers always then he changed that to the clippers and then said he always wanted to win next to a player like Russ. And now guess what. He always wanted to team up with Leonard in the spurs. What do you expect from the guy that married the stripper he got pregnant with whom he cheated his then gf with. 

That’s a huge IF. You have no actual idea. GSW developed their system around Curry and they’ve gotten better & better since he was drafted. There was a chance to see him in a similar position this year with Klay out, KD gone & the once stacked bench a lot younger and less stacked. I still think they could’ve made the playoffs without all these additional injuries this year, but it is what it is. 

18 hours ago, Mitch. said:

-Lakers are doing a lot better than I thought.

-Clippers are still my title picks.

-Doncic is going to win MVP at some point. Smarter than most of the league and he's only 20. That's amazing.

-Celtics are so much better as a team without Kyrie playing hero ball and dissing young players.

-Melo is not going to save the Blazers. They're already dead last in assists and now they get to stand and watch Melo drop their FG%.

-Rockets are off to a way better start than I thought but with Westbrook + Harden I still can't see them getting beyond (maybe) the conference finals.

Also, went to the Spurs-Wizards game last night (first Spurs game since 2014 I think!) and man, our defense is so bad. It's so weird and upsetting as a fan to see them continue to use these lineups while young guys (Lonnie, Derrick White, Metu) get too little or no playing time. I wouldn't mind a reset at this point but I doubt any serious change will happen. Ah well, we were due for this at some point, right?

22 hours ago, petros said:

Warriors with Curry and Klay will never be great again. Not next year not never. Curry can't carry a team he was mvp cause he had the perfect system that hide all his many weaknesses. I was saying that here in 2015-2016 when some people (not here) were even comparing him to MJ, said it before this season started when people were saying he would be mvp again, saying it again now. Curry isn't even top 50 all time. 

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

-Lakers are doing a lot better than I thought.

-Clippers are still my title picks.

-Doncic is going to win MVP at some point. Smarter than most of the league and he's only 20. That's amazing.

-Celtics are so much better as a team without Kyrie playing hero ball and dissing young players.

-Melo is not going to save the Blazers. They're already dead last in assists and now they get to stand and watch Melo drop their FG%.

-Rockets are off to a way better start than I thought but with Westbrook + Harden I still can't see them getting beyond (maybe) the conference finals.

Also, went to the Spurs-Wizards game last night (first Spurs game since 2014 I think!) and man, our defense is so bad. It's so weird and upsetting as a fan to see them continue to use these lineups while young guys (Lonnie, Derrick White, Metu) get too little or no playing time. I wouldn't mind a reset at this point but I doubt any serious change will happen. Ah well, we were due for this at some point, right?

I agree with all that. I’m still up in the air about the title though, I think it’s going to be in LA, but still haven’t picked between the Lakers & Clippers. Need to see PG13 & Kawhi together for a bit. 

As for your Spurs...Pop will figure it out, he’s the best. Still so early in the season, I always have faith in him.