NBA

Mitch.

4 hours ago, heater said:

I just saw that. I figured they’d trade Russell at some point, Steph & Klay will be back by next season to cover the ball handling & 3 pt shooting. 

I'm just hoping he learns how to defend better.
I was actually really hoping to get Covington more than anyone though...

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if they'll actually call Harden for that push off in normal games now considering he does it SO much.
If it was called in the ASG, which is notorious for no-calls, SURELY is has to be called in regular season games?!

On a side not, that new format was pretty fucking rad!

• Like 1

I agree.
Dunk contest was bullshit.  AG robbed again.  10s every round ( those weren't 10s back in the day though)

Also, where the fuck are the rockets getting money?!  Just seen they've signed Jeff Green and DeMarre Carroll.

• 3 weeks later...

I get it, I really do, they are trying to prevent spreading it, to those who can't fight it off, but at the same time we don't shut down every winter because it's flu season? I'm just a bit perplexed by everything shutting down.

Airlines and concerts I understand, but man they're cancelling college even.

The thing is that the common cold and flu don’t spread like this. My girlfriend is my resident expert in this stuff in that she reads about shit like Ebola for fun, and she definitely thinks it’s extremely overblown but it might get to virtually everyone. So even if it’s “just” the elderly and people with immune issues, you’re still talking maybe 10 million deaths in America. And who knows what will happen when hospitals and shit have exhausted resources. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeverOliver said:

The thing is that the common cold and flu don’t spread like this. My girlfriend is my resident expert in this stuff in that she reads about shit like Ebola for fun, and she definitely thinks it’s extremely overblown but it might get to virtually everyone. So even if it’s “just” the elderly and people with immune issues, you’re still talking maybe 10 million deaths in America. And who knows what will happen when hospitals and shit have exhausted resources. 

I'd wager less than a million deaths world wide.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure they're going to work something out.  Doubt if it resembles a "season", but Mark Cuban has been talking about setting up hotels in Las Vegas or something for players and their families to quarantine in, and then playing some form of tournament. 

I think that is likely in a month or so.  NBA owners and execs keep comparing this to when the US kept playing MLB during WWII, saying it's needed for the morale of the country/world and I agree.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, JarJarBlinks said:

I'm pretty sure they're going to work something out.  Doubt if it resembles a "season", but Mark Cuban has been talking about setting up hotels in Las Vegas or something for players and their families to quarantine in, and then playing some form of tournament. 

I think that is likely in a month or so.  NBA owners and execs keep comparing this to when the US kept playing MLB during WWII, saying it's needed for the morale of the country/world and I agree.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884996-windhorst-nba-angling-to-cancel-2019-20-season-after-chinas-cba-shutdown

10 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

well fuck.  Maybe I'll get another season of my Thunder team before they break it up?  #silverlining

As a Lakers fan I’m pretty upset but obviously things are bigger than basketball. 

We traded the farm for AD and now this happens haha 

1 minute ago, Dylan_ said:

As a Lakers fan I’m pretty upset but obviously things are bigger than basketball. 

We traded the farm for AD and now this happens haha 

I thought you were a Warriors fan?! I'm so happy you're not hahah.

True, but think of it this way, AD gets injured a lot, probably not the worst thing for him to chill out and Lebron is getting old so having two seasons without post-season play is good for him.  He's got a lot of miles on his body.