NBA

Mitch.

15 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Jordan Documentary: The Last Dance

Anyone else check this out yet?  Just started over the weekend and on Episode 8 already, best sports documentary possibly ever (behind the Muhammad Ali one for now)

Jordan was crazy driven

Is it on Netflix? 

15 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I've been wanting to watch it but I'll have to wait until Netflix.

Dude I think it's a free app, watch it, fucking fantastic.  NBA was so competitive in the 80s/90s it was insane, cutthroat, Bulls were drinking beers at halftime to gain an edge

43 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Jordan Documentary: The Last Dance

Anyone else check this out yet?  Just started over the weekend and on Episode 8 already, best sports documentary possibly ever (behind the Muhammad Ali one for now)

Jordan was crazy driven

I loved it. Will probably watch it again I enjoyed reliving that era so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I loved it. Will probably watch it again I enjoyed reliving that era so much.

I was almost in tears when he was melting down from his father's death not able to be there for his 4th win I think it was, shit gets intense.  It wasn't over dramatized either in a cheesy sense, it was raw as fuck.  Definitely watching it again.

• Like 2

I’ve heard it’s a great documentary but also a lot of critisism that it’s very one sided and MJ had to approve anything before it was put in the final cut. I will definitely check it out though.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29195428/horace-grant-says-michael-jordan-lied-last-dance-calls-snitch

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a32343053/ken-burns-the-last-dance-espn-michael-jordan-criticism/

3 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I’ve heard it’s a great documentary but also a lot of critisism that it’s very one sided and MJ had to approve anything before it was put in the final cut. I will definitely check it out though.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29195428/horace-grant-says-michael-jordan-lied-last-dance-calls-snitch

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a32343053/ken-burns-the-last-dance-espn-michael-jordan-criticism/

In order to get Jordan to agree to be filmed, he had total control over whether the footage ever got released at all.

Also, of course it's one sided! He's the GOAT lol.  I don't want to watch a documentary of salty ex-players talking shit on him c'mon lol.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

In order to get Jordan to agree to be filmed, he had total control over whether the footage ever got released at all.

Also, of course it's one sided! He's the GOAT lol.  I don't want to watch a documentary of salty ex-players talking shit on him c'mon lol.

Yeah I totally get that. I just want to make sure there isn’t a bunch of lies when watching a documentary. 

On 5/27/2020 at 9:22 AM, Dylan_ said:

That's bogus, everyone around that time knew about early Chicago bulls team being called the traveling cocaine bus, he didn't single anyone out by name and he's correct.

It really wasn't that one sided for having final cut, like it stayed pretty true

On 5/27/2020 at 10:13 AM, NeverOliver said:

And claims about never saying he didn't want Isiah Thomas on the Dream Team. Acting like getting everyone to return for another year was possible might have been a lie too

None of this really bothered me, it was just him saying it not really much else around it to push those narratives more.  You could kind of tell he was fabricating at those parts too.

Also, no problem with him getting final cut, he deserves it, and it turned out one of the best docuseries ever.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 10:13 AM, NeverOliver said:

And claims about never saying he didn't want Isiah Thomas on the Dream Team. Acting like getting everyone to return for another year was possible might have been a lie too

Isaiah Thomas is annoying anyways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Isaiah Thomas is annoying anyways. 

Bird and Magic and a few others didn't like him either.

The only flaw I can agree with is the 98-99 team drama, they were all older and can't live off 1 year deals, it wasn't THAT big a thing.. Yes they could have  but they put too much focus on that.  The two 3 peats were good enough, went out on top.

The pizza thing was hilarious, didn't bother me if that wasn't fully true

So.  Everyone's thought on the season being back on soon?
Personally, I think it's going to strange.
Though I don't mind the Dubs getting an even longer offseason though!   😂

2 minutes ago, Mitch. said:

I'm kind of just checked out and ready for next season but am down for a tournament style bracket to do something.

14 hours ago, Mitch. said:

I'm thankful I get a break from Curry for a whole playoff season.

But fuckkkkk I can't wait.  I'm annoyed they're trying to engineer Zion in the playoffs but whatevs.