NBA

Mitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the last dance lads. Absolutely amazing. American sport is really theatrical which always makes for great docs. Can’t believe the bulls haven’t won a championship in 22 years. 

How does it work? Do you just trade and draft players or can you buy players off the other teams? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

Just watched the last dance lads. Absolutely amazing. American sport is really theatrical which always makes for great docs. Can’t believe the bulls haven’t won a championship in 22 years. 

How does it work? Do you just trade and draft players or can you buy players off the other teams? 

Singing free agents and trading players is the most common ways for NBA teams to build championship teams. There’s been a few teams who have done it through drafting players but it’s a long process since you never know now the young guys will turn out and a lot of them take 3 to 4 years to make an impact. 

Theres no buying players from other teams in US sports.

Vince Carter retired. Much respect. Legend.

Where do you guys rank LeBron? I'm tired of seeing him constantly in convo for the GOAT I just don't see it at all.  He has too many flaws in his scoring ability and only got his amount of success by teaming up with other all stars and getting every good role player to make it easier.  He's definitely one of the best players to play but I don't even find him much or a legend, it's so much hype, and he gives up all the time.

Just wanted a quick rant because they've been drilling this in for so long, and watching clips the crowd goes crazy if he does anything more than a bounce pass, like they've never watched basketball before and are just living off the hype

The Detroit series is really the one where he blew me away, but I constantly feel like he's "guessing" and not truly mastered anything other than a chasedown block and some passing

I'd rank him somewhere 8-15. Which is still really really high but I don't think he's mentally tough enough to be amongst guys like Jordan, Bird, etc

1 minute ago, NeverOliver said:

16 seasons virtually never injured with averages of 27/7.4/7.4/1.5/.0.8 what a bust 

we talkin' bout championships man.  When you're bringing up the GOAT you have to nitpick lol. 

Also the better you make him the less it hurts that he somehow beat your Warriors team............;)

The better I make him out to be the better 3 titles in 4 years looks!

I hate Lebron. I think he’s a bitch and his whining to the league about being slapped in the shorts cost us a shot at 4 titles in a row. I just don’t think you can argue with his resume. 

LeBron is top 5 for sure. 

Is anyone here actually excited about the season restarting? I have zero interest right now. 

Ive tried to watch other sports that have restarted without crowds and so far it’s been super underwhelming. 

2 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

The better I make him out to be the better 3 titles in 4 years looks!

I hate Lebron. I think he’s a bitch and his whining to the league about being slapped in the shorts cost us a shot at 4 titles in a row. I just don’t think you can argue with his resume. 

It's just one of those things when you sit down to make a top 5, the spots start running out really quick.

3 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

LeBron is top 5 for sure. 

Is anyone here actually excited about the season restarting? I have zero interest right now. 

Ive tried to watch other sports that have restarted without crowds and so far it’s been super underwhelming. 

Are you kidding me man I can't fucking wait lol.  I've watched rugby late at night and I have absolutely zero idea about what is going on but I just need some kind of sports.

• Like 1

I don't think he's top 5, maybe his talent level as a player he's top 5, but he never really had those rise to the occasion moments that legends like Jordan, Bird, Kobe, heck Dirk had.  He's made a couple game winners sure, but he always seems to get scared or get bailed out.  It's just never that fulfilling or legendary outside of that series vs Detroit.  It's hard to feel that impressed when he's handpicking every teammate and getting so spoiled by the media anytime he makes an ugly shot.

But he's also been so consistently great as a player that it's hard to rank.  

8 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Are you kidding me man I can't fucking wait lol.  I've watched rugby late at night and I have absolutely zero idea about what is going on but I just need some kind of sports.

Yeah I’ve been watching rugby and Australian football and it just isn’t the same for me. It’s like I’m watching a practice match or something. The crowd plays a even more important role during basketball so it’s gonna feel odd without 20,000 fans adding to the atmosphere. 

Even if my Lakers win the championship I know it’s not gonna have the same feeling so I was 100% okay with the season just being cancelled. 

17 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

I don't think he's top 5, maybe his talent level as a player he's top 5, but he never really had those rise to the occasion moments that legends like Jordan, Bird, Kobe, heck Dirk had.  He's made a couple game winners sure, but he always seems to get scared or get bailed out.  It's just never that fulfilling or legendary outside of that series vs Detroit.  It's hard to feel that impressed when he's handpicking every teammate and getting so spoiled by the media anytime he makes an ugly shot.

But he's also been so consistently great as a player that it's hard to rank.  

In 49 Finals games he has averaged 28/10/8/2/1 with 3 Finals MVP’s and beat the 73 win Warriors. 

36 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

In 49 Finals games he has averaged 28/10/8/2/1 with 3 Finals MVP’s and beat the 73 win Warriors. 

And I've watched every one.  I think he's his own level of greatness being so all around and versatile, like Magic but better, but there's no way I can put him above a handful of the greats.  I think the team hopping just makes it harder even if he had to, all the greats on my list stayed on the same team outside Shaq