NBA

Mitch.

5 hours ago, Mitch. said:

I'm all for them taking a stand.  But come on, it's a game of basketball.
And to be fair, it's not going to change a thing.

There's BLM movements all over the world.  Both incidents were horrible, don't get me wrong. I just don't believe some men, who are getting paid millions, and who are likely to do so even while not playing, sitting out games is going to change a thing.
Wouldn't it be better for them to play, and help take people's minds off the tragic incidents even for only a few hours?

If it had of been a black cop who shot, nothing would have been said at all.

It's the media's fault in the end really.  

Thoughts and prayers that this nonsense got in the way of you watching some basketball on TV on the other side of the world xx

@Mitch. It doesn't directly correlate, sure, the NBA is not the police force so boycotting them isn't directly affecting the police, but I think it more was that Kenosha is right outside Milwaukee, so it probably hit close to home for them and the rest followed.  The NBA is big on this, so shouldn't be surprised.

The reaction you had is exactly what they wanted, now you'll want something to change so you can keep watching your basketball.

That, or you can go the CC route and believe they're part of Soros back pocket and doing this as a political move.

As I mentioned earlier, I do not condone what happened AT ALL!
I just don't see how them sitting games is going to change anything.  Has nothing to do with 'some nonsense getting in the way of me watching ball on the other side of the world'

I totally understand how sine may be affected with it being in MIL and I feel for all involved. I do.
Was only making a point that I don't see how this is going to invoke social justice.

• Crab 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:13 AM, NeverOliver said:

So they shouldn’t do anything and continue to get buttfucked by the police without consequence, got it 

Because that's exactly what I said...  Fuck.  

• 2 months later...

Thoughts on the moves this offseason lads?
Drafts, trades etc.

Looking to me that Lakers have seemed to make the best moves.  OKC looked to have done more bad than good imo.

Can't wait till the new season though, that's for sure!

14 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Thoughts on the moves this offseason lads?
Drafts, trades etc.

Looking to me that Lakers have seemed to make the best moves.  OKC looked to have done more bad than good imo.

Can't wait till the new season though, that's for sure!

OKC has 17 first round picks and a core of Shai Gilgeous Alexander/Bazley and Dort.  They're about to take a typical rebuild and jump start it in 2-3 years.  

I agree the Lakers made great moves, I thought their roster was actually really shit last year but they're much better on paper now. 

Also LOL at the Rockets.  Love seeing their implosion.

9 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

OKC has 17 first round picks and a core of Shai Gilgeous Alexander/Bazley and Dort.  They're about to take a typical rebuild and jump start it in 2-3 years.  

I agree the Lakers made great moves, I thought their roster was actually really shit last year but they're much better on paper now. 

Also LOL at the Rockets.  Love seeing their implosion.

I understand them doing it to have a thousand first round picks.  I think they gave up a bit too much.  They should have thrown everything at Gallo and built around him and Shai imo.

Rockets situation is the greatest too.  I hope they don't pander to Harden and make him stay with no trade.  He's a cunt.   😂

13 hours ago, Mitch. said:

I understand them doing it to have a thousand first round picks.  I think they gave up a bit too much.  They should have thrown everything at Gallo and built around him and Shai imo.

Rockets situation is the greatest too.  I hope they don't pander to Harden and make him stay with no trade.  He's a cunt.   😂

Gallo is old and gets injured a lot. He's the type of guy the Russ teams needed.  I'll let the Hawks over pay him.  There is no competing in the West with Lebron still kicking ass, so give Shai the keys and see what they can build.  It makes me sad and I hate just giving up but it's the only option really.

1 minute ago, Bucko said:

I hope so but I have a gut feeling he's looking to experience somewhere new, I think if he wanted to stay he would have signed the extension by now. 

Can't he make way more money if he waits a year to sign the max though?  He might be 110% committed but his agent is going to make him do whatever makes the most, that's his job after all.  Sucks for Bucks fans but still.

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Can't he make way more money if he waits a year to sign the max though?  He might be 110% committed but his agent is going to make him do whatever makes the most, that's his job after all.  Sucks for Bucks fans but still.

He can yeah but it's just frustrating as hell not knowing what's going on with him. Hate agents 😄

• 1 month later...