Jump to content
 

NBA


Mitch.
 Share

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

Just saw on Reddit that OKC has unprotected control of the Clippers 1sts in 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26. So we both win with the Warriors getting Leonard!

lol actually yes, that's true. I'll take it.

If I were the Clippers and he leaves, holy shit it's time to just shut down or pause the franchise.  I understand signing Kawhi and to get PG they traded away their future star (SGA), you've got to shoot your shot for the ring, but man.  What a gamble.

Not to mention Doc Rivers figuring out how to get the most out of the 76er's while Ty Lue just stares blankly across the court. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

You prefer the 87-79 games of the 90’s?

Yup, shit was way better and more entertaining. NBA was my favorite growing up back in the Alonzo Mourning/Charlotte Hornets days. It’s just a giant snooze fest now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Yup, shit was way better and more entertaining. NBA was my favorite growing up back in the Alonzo Mourning/Charlotte Hornets days. It’s just a giant snooze fest now 

I guess maybe if you just like physicality, but there's hockey for that. Otherwise, you can give me Steph, Dame and Luka shooting from the logos over bigs with their back to the basket for 22 seconds taking 14 footers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Yup, shit was way better and more entertaining. NBA was my favorite growing up back in the Alonzo Mourning/Charlotte Hornets days. It’s just a giant snooze fest now 

Are you sure this is your opinion or are you repeating stuff you’ve heard from people already biased against the NBA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Are you sure this is your opinion or are you repeating stuff you’ve heard from people already biased against the NBA?

Positive. I used to watch and love it, now I can’t watch. Simple. So if other people are also saying the same thing as you suggest, must be a reason, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2021 at 6:06 PM, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Positive. I used to watch and love it, now I can’t watch. Simple. So if other people are also saying the same thing as you suggest, must be a reason, right?

I agree with this somewhat - far too many offensive fouls being called. The games are so stop start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NBA is in a great place right now. Approaching the best since the Jordan era? There are a number of entertaining young stars, all time great vets, and there are different franchises in the mix.

NBA haters seem to be people that don’t follow it and just roll with a generic opinion they’ve heard from someone else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 12:06 AM, Ghent said:

The NBA is in a great place right now. Approaching the best since the Jordan era? There are a number of entertaining young stars, all time great vets, and there are different franchises in the mix.

NBA haters seem to be people that don’t follow it and just roll with a generic opinion they’ve heard from someone else

The game itself is more team oriented and more upbeat altogether which is fun, but the foul calls and no-touch allowed truly is infuriating, especially with ginormous players like Lebron or Zion getting touch fouls called on them is hard to watch.

3 pt focus over midrange/inside game, which makes sense, is kind of boring at times also.

I can't get into it because I am not as invested in the players as I was early 2000s group, who'm are all gone now :_(, but it really does feel more like soccer or other sports now versus what the NBA used to feel like (WWE).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, _Bagels whipped cream said:

The game itself is more team oriented and more upbeat altogether which is fun, but the foul calls and no-touch allowed truly is infuriating, especially with ginormous players like Lebron or Zion getting touch fouls called on them is hard to watch.

I can't get into it because I am not as invested in the players as I was early 2000s group, who'm are all gone now :_(, but it really does feel more like soccer or other sports now versus what the NBA used to feel like (WWE).

I do think they need to get the fouls under control.  It's always going to be hard for a big guy like Lebron to feel like he's getting a fair whistle compared to a smaller guy, the fouls are just easier to see when you're small.  Shaq dealt with that his whole career.

The fouls on shots, Trae Young/Harden's bag of annoying foul tricks have gotta go though.  Don't blame them for capitalizing on the system, but the system sucks when Trae just shoves his ass into a defender and it's magically a foul.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that they need to get the fouls under control. That's one thing that absolutely needs to change. It seems like the offensive player can do anything he wants to create the contact, like jumping into the defender, the rip through move, or even hooking someone's arm and "making" them foul you (nice one, Harden). At that point you're defeating the purpose of a foul and you're just acting. And not only is it a cheap way to get points, but it hurts the entertainment value with all of the resulting free throws.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure who I want to win this one.  I'm a sucker for vets, CP3 is annoying but deserves to be there.  Booker has grown on me, has game and Suns are just pretty fun to see there.  Bucks are a good team, but Giannis seriously travels so much and is semi annoying, Middleton plays like Kobe is kind of bothersome too.  If the Bucks were facing Los Angeles or something I'd be going crazy cheering for them, but against the Suns not so sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...