NBA

Mitch.

29 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

not sure why this Lakers team is the first to realize all you have to do is attack Steph and Klay on offense and then they're too tired to run a million miles around on the other end with open shots. 

Expose them for the terrible defenders they are :).

Those are fighting words!

Klay's not a bad defender, actually pretty good or has been.  But true than he's tired out on the other end so needs to pick and choose.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ghent said:

What you gonna do with that Jordan Poole contract now that Draymond ruined him?

I don't think Poole is back next season. How many positive assets you'll have to attach to him to offload him will be the question.

18 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

not sure why this Lakers team is the first to realize all you have to do is attack Steph and Klay on offense and then they're too tired to run a million miles around on the other end with open shots. 

Expose them for the terrible defenders they are :).

Play EXCELLENT defense on Steph & we’re in trouble if everyone else isn’t shooting great. It’s really that simple. Playing excellent defense on Steph typically means EVERYONE has to play excellent defense though too, because he doesn’t stop moving… Lakers finally have a killer defensive squad. It’s hurtful. 

Sixers are so confusing to watch.  They aren't flashy or exciting to watch.  They do the same thing every time around and it just seems so unorganized.  Yet they put up like 120 points and manage to play good defense with Harden in their lineup?  Half their offense is just Embiid just taking ugly fall away jumpers and it works? 

I don't know how they manage to make the Celtics looks so bang average, but they do.  I think it's forsure over for the Celtics.

Nuggets are super deep, I think they go all the way. 

No one seems super "explosive" though, they are all just like very solid teams that manage to sloppily win but play together.  Phoenix can get explosive with Durant and Booker but not consistently enough.

27 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Lebron foot reinjured and Street Clothes with some kind of head injury?

I thought they were about to come back and now series is in major jeopardy 

Lebron just planting the seeds. It’s either an excuse for losing or he’s a superhero for powering through 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OliversHugeLog said:

Lebron just planting the seeds. It’s either an excuse for losing or he’s a superhero for powering through 

Ok, except you can clearly see right when he injured it and that it was causing him pain. AD missing key part of the game and leaving in wheelchair because he hurt his little noggin is another story

30 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

LONG LIVE THE KING. 

#witness

If he can pull out a championship this year then I’m officially ready to have the GOAT conversation. Still leaning MJ for sure, but this would take him to the final level for me. I really want it to happen. I can’t believe the Lakers are fielding this team right now. Feels like an old school LA squad and I’m loving it

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Fap God said:

Which one of you has a Ja Morant jersey?

My fucking kid. Not a jersey, a sick shirt I made him, actually… & I want to burn it these days. 😑😩🤣

Ja has obviously learned nothing, sad shit…hope he figures it out, lots of potential to waste if not. 

4 hours ago, Roux said:

Tatum just torched Philly - what a game. Al Horford is such a beast, he fits into this team like a glove.

Can we do it? 😁 

I got Lakers / Celtics now. 

On 5/13/2023 at 12:20 AM, Ghent said:

If he can pull out a championship this year then I’m officially ready to have the GOAT conversation. Still leaning MJ for sure, but this would take him to the final level for me. I really want it to happen. I can’t believe the Lakers are fielding this team right now. Feels like an old school LA squad and I’m loving it

this is super late but when I originally read this post, I felt my Jordan-boner rising and I wanted to edgelord back.  BUT...it's true, all of it.

IF Lebron drags this team to a ring that's 5 rings to Jordan's 6 (Lebron's rosters for at least 2 of the championships would look like JV squads compared to the Bulls), scoring title, top 5 assists, and this year would make 11 finals appearances. 

IMO that's an actual argument and I wouldn't be mad who you pick.

• Like 1

I think the whole Jordan Lebron thing, (or Jordan vs anyone for that matter) all comes down to preference.

Do you care about the 'competitive' side of things?  Does legacy matter?  Overall impact on the game of basketball? Iconic moments?  Big shots. etc

If those matter, Jordan his hands down the GOAT, and it isn't debatable.   His career and legacy, all those things, are near perfect.

If it just comes down to player ability, court impact, statistics/accolades, then it's up for debate.  Lebron.  KAJ.  Wilt.  Russell.  Lebron is just as complete of a player (what he lacks in offensive bag, he makes up for in size, athleticism, court IQ, passing, etc).  He's not the same iconic competitor.  Does that matter? Up to you.

Did you see Wilt? KAJ? Russell? If not, you're not going to pick them.

Kobe, no, just because he's a slightly lesser MJ.

5 minutes ago, Olivers Sunday Ticket said:

Do you care about the 'competitive' side of things?  Does legacy matter?  Overall impact on the game of basketball? Iconic moments?  Big shots. etc

If those matter, Jordan his hands down the GOAT, and it isn't debatable.   His career and legacy, all those things, are near perfect.

10 finals appearances (with a chance of 11) is pretty strong on the "legacy" side of things.