NBA

Mitch.

Nice addition by Toronto. As I said a few days ago they need a mobile 4/5 to match better with the Cavs and Ibaka is that. I think he is a pretty good pick up. In the end, Toronto won't go much further anyway because they too dependent on their guard duo and relay too much on jump shots which kills them in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

Maybe you guys should venture to a Raptors board once in a while. Try realgm.

I think it'll open your eyes to how raptors fans feel about Derozan

I used to live in Toronto and still have friends there and the whole city loves Derozan.

Online forum fans are the absolute worse and over react to everything.

9 minutes ago, ...and then said:

Can we talk for a moment about the disastrous front office of the Magic...they are going basically nowhere and the trade now makes the trade for Ibaka in the Summer look disastrous. 

The Magic front office are all over the place. They just keep trading away players and not keeping any consistency. I guess they are going to tank the rest of the season and try rebuild through the draft.

I don't know how you guys can state opinions like they're factual.

I don't think Lowry and Derozan is a good combo, the IQs are awful in important moments. Getting rid of one of them is important for them to excel imo, Derozan is more expandable.  Tross was inconsistent but he can be a spot shooter and not overbear Lowry.

You just can't have two low IQ inefficient when it matters guards running the show.. One at most.

Just now, Nshesaid said:

I don't know how you guys can state opinions like they're factual.

I don't think Lowry and Derozan is a good combo, the IQs are awful in important moments. Getting rid of one of them is important for them to excel imo, Derozan is more expandable.  Tross was inconsistent but he can be a spot shooter and not overbear Lowry.

You just can't have two low IQ inefficient when it matters running the show.. One at most.

They won 56 games last year and took the eventual NBA champions to 6 games. Hows that for a fact?

The team isn't perfect. Maybe the combo isn't perfect. Doesn't mean you give guys away.

• Like 2

The Raptors GM knows that Derozan and Lowry play better when they have a stretch 4 on the floor. So he goes out and trades for Ibaka who is a stretch 4. Smart move.

You don't just trade away players if something isn't working. Especially when you're in still in 5th spot in the East. You tweak your roster, not make a major trade that blows everything up.

• Like 2

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1524841

By watching.  I'm sure not 100℅ of fans on the most popular basketball forum are wrong either on Derozan. He has an AWFUL b-ball IQ.  His shot selection is no different than a Rudy Gay or Carmelo Anthony.  Idk what you guys are watching.

You think the Raps are just as good right now?

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and make a sig bet with me.

Barring no coaching change, how far do you honestly see them going? 

You're ignoring the main point...you seem to have a habit of ignoring things, but lets stick to this for now.

You suggested they trade Derozan for Ibaka. That is stupid. How about this bet - you go to your popular basketball forum and ask if the Raptors should have traded Derozan for Ibaka. What percentage of people will say yes?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

You're ignoring the main point...you seem to have a habit of ignoring things, but lets stick to this for now.

You suggested they trade Derozan for Ibaka. That is stupid. How about this bet - you go to your popular basketball forum and ask if the Raptors should have traded Derozan for Ibaka. What percentage of people will say yes?

I didn't infer, or intend to mean Derozan for Ibaka straight up. I meant working him into a deal for Ibaka and something else.

I visit that page probably every other day, I used to be a big raptor fan in the Carter days and still follow them just not as religiously. 

I can already tell you the general consensus is that they want, in order:

1. Casey fired

2. Corey Joseph traded

3. Bebe not getting much playing time and JV much more

4. Derozan/Lowry split up because they've choked away almost every important game for them and are chuckers.  Most would rather lose Derozan than Lowry, which I'm probably on the fence on.

I already linked a few pages of everyone complaining on Derozan. He's not as untouchable as you guys are thinking.

I'm a bigger believer in team ball and chemistry.  I remember I got the same response when I was against the Knicks breaking up their awesome core they had with Stoudemire as a focal point and then they traded quality role guys for Melo and their chemistry went down the drain.

Online forums are a terrible place to find out what a teams fans base are like. I dabble in different teams forums and there are so many delusional fans out there.

I'm on a Lakers forum and the over reaction after each game is incredible. Most of the people on the forum want to trade all the young players away.

I actually live in LA and the fans here love our young core. They understand that a rebuild takes 4-5 years and doesn't happen overnight.

Okay? So personal anecdotes are the absolute best and only source?

How do I know your Toronto friends are the best type of fan?

You can't, it's all opinionated.

Idk why it's even getting so argumentative over a fucking opinion. We all watch a ton of basketball clearly, which is great, and surprising for here, so you should know everyone has different opinions on players.  I personally am not a fan of the Lowry/Derozan combo.

And I would have rather packaged Derozan out for Ibaka and a backup point or wing.

4 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Okay? So personal anecdotes are the absolute best and only source?

How do I know your Toronto friends are the best type of fan?

You can't, it's all opinionated.

Idk why it's even getting so argumentative over a fucking opinion. We all watch a ton of basketball clearly, which is great, and surprising for here, so you should know everyone has different opinions on players.  I personally am not a fan of the Lowry/Derozan combo.

And I would have rather packaged Derozan out for Ibaka and a backup point or wing.

Because they are season ticket holders and go to every game.

They don't just sit on their fucking computer and look at box scores.