College Basketball

redhotbrianpeppers

On 1/1/2016 at 0:54 PM, NotNow said:

@redhotbrianpeppers hahahaha awk

edit: I know I don't have room to talk but still amusing

Yeah, the Nova game was unfortunate, but did you see what actually happened? A couple minutes into the game, our star PG went down hard and hit his head. He was unconscious for nearly a minute and then was hardly moving. He had his hands curled up like he had a serious brain injury and didn't know where he was or anything. He was taken to the hospital on a stretcher, and some of our dudes were pretty much crying. Our coach later called it the scariest thing he had ever experienced.

So I wish we could have put it out of our minds and played the game, but it was pretty much over at that point. It wasn't so much losing our PG as the fact that everyone was so preoccupied wondering if he'd be okay. It also didn't help that we were probably going to lose to Nova to begin with, or the fact they were just decimating 3s.

We came back to beat #9 Butler by 20 yesterday (without our PG), so all is good. We'll see what happens when we play Nova at home.

L.S. Fucking U!!!
Fucking love Ben Simmons!  Great to see an Aussie killing it again, and looking at going number 1 for the first time since Andrew Bogurt!

Honestly, Australia are looking good for FIBA world championships and the Olympics.  I can see us getting a medal for sure!

• 2 weeks later...