SW The Force Awakens [SPOILER THREAD]

Ghent

As ill probably be one of the first, ill write my review here following the movie, ill try to write it that night as the movie will be finishing around 3am. if not it will follow a few hours later when im up. Ill do a non spoiler review also but still spoiler the contents as some people mightnt want to know

• Like 1

Woooooo it was awesome. A little close to a new hope in plot for me to totally love it. I picked the two major arcs though. Kylo ren being Leia and Hans son. Also knew Han was going to die early. Really like kylo character tho good screen time and vulnerability showing his differences. Great film tho

• Like 1

Ok so to expand now that ive had 5 hours sleep.

The film was great, the action sequences, the sounds where all great and reminded you of the OT. My only gripe is how much this film is a new hope. Still sets us up great and i was very happy to see Rey be the force sensitive one. I hope they keep Finn as a more scoundrel blaster user than force but we shall see. Kylo Ren was great, the way they showed off how truly weak he was is the films biggest asset in my opinion. 

The scales are tough currently its sitting around 5 > 4/6/7 all on pretty equal footing as i find it hard to split ANH and ROTJ. Han's death was done well, he acted well and the way he grasps his face as he is dying is great. Really looking forward to see what done with 8...2 more years! I will be seeing this film again in the coming days

• Like 1

Good film. BUT, it gave me waaay too much of a deja vu feeling due to the significant rehashing of Episode 4. First 45 min were the best, since it was the most ''original.''

Liked the interaction between Finn (John Boyega) and Rey (Dasiy Ridley). Needed more Poe (Oscar Isaac) though, he was awesome, very likeable.

Rey is interesting, and I really want to learn about her backstory! But some of the lines delivered by her were a little bit off/wooden. Her control of the Force in such a short amount of time seemed a bit unrealistic.

Did Han Solo really have to die?!?! Come on!

The jokes were funny, but maybe it was a bit too much. At one point Finn reminded me of Kevin Hart... (the way he said the line)

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), not that threatening I must say. Didn't really like this character, seemed so whiney.

Hated the look and idea of this Snoke guy. Did they include him just to give Andy Cerkis a job, jesus christ.

Loved the mix of practical and CGI effects! BB-8 is awesome, I want him lol.

I do have the urge to revisit this world again (mostly for the first 45 min)!

7.5/10

Absolutely loved it.

Would have preferred more Luke. I thought it was going to be him to catch it when the light saber flew out of the snow. 

Rey. Definitely thought she shouldn't have been able to use the force so much. She's an amazing character though and can't wait to hear about her family, hmmmm.....

whatever, I'm buzzing. The intro to the millennium falcon was perfect. Need to watch it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MSandt said:

So Luke shows up only at the very end or something? Does he get to do anything noteworthy? Edit: And how's Hamill anyway?

It's just a shot of him standing on a mountain top, then he turns his head to the camera. Rey, the girl, found him and reaches her hand out to give him his light saber back. Then the movie ends.

He will be one of main characters in Episode 8 for sure.

People are speculating that Rey is his daughter.

After a day, the movie has sunk in a bit more. I still stand by the points I made. However, that first hour or so, grew even more on me looking back on it. Finn and Rey had such a cool interaction in the Falcon chase scene, BB-8 was awesome as fuck, it truly felt like a fresh, new Star Wars.

Another thing, in the opening act, did anybody else find it a bit comical how that Storm Trooper died in front of Finn? I dunno, it seemed like a parody or something lol.

I think it was meant to show how different he was, that his programming didnt take. As you see others dying right next to eachother and not caring, but as soon as he experiences it he goes limp.

I loved it when Rey first got the lightsaber during the final fight. The score and look of nervousness on her face as well made it awesome.