SW The Force Awakens [SPOILER THREAD]

Ghent

Again- it was episode 1 of a trilogy. She wasn't supposed to have major charisma like the lead pilot of the resistance. She played the role of an average girl (with mysterious abilities) getting thrown into a monumental conflict. 

She hit it out of the park. 

Not in the same way that the galaxy's best pilot would be.

Was Luke Skywalker charismatic in ANH? Nope, but Han Solo and Leia were because they were established bad asses. Luke was a moisture farmer and Rey was a scavenger. Had she been overly charismatic then her character wouldn't have worked so well. 

On 1/2/2016 at 0:02 PM, Ghent said:

Seems like Oliver is trying incredibly hard to hate this movie lol.

I think that fanboy is going to fanboy. Saying that it lived up to its hype and exceeded expectations....lol.

I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I remember life. This was a good movie, but you and others are going over the top with it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Maybe its a generational thing, in fact, I am sure it is. But natalie portman was way better for me. Not necessarily in the movies themselves, but she is much hotter.

Rey looks like a little girl to me. But I am also 33 y/o.

Well she's supposed to be 18. Daisy Ridley is like a year older then me and she still looks way older than myself and any of my friends.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Not in the same way that the galaxy's best pilot would be.

Was Luke Skywalker charismatic in ANH? Nope, but Han Solo and Leia were because they were established bad asses. Luke was a moisture farmer and Rey was a scavenger. Had she been overly charismatic then her character wouldn't have worked so well. 

yeah I can agree with that.

Natalie Portman is an angel goddess.

17 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Portman is sexier. I'd want to shag her more but daisy is so cute, I wanna cuddle her, kiss her forehead and protect her. She is precious.  Do you know what I mean?

Sure, I get that totally. I feel like Portman would be a freak in bed and might actually end up teaching me a few things. I think with Daisy it would be more like "I better go easy".

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I think that fanboy is going to fanboy. Saying that it lived up to its hype and exceeded expectations....lol.

I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I remember life. This was a good movie, but you and others are going over the top with it.

Lol I'm going over the top with it? I think it's the 4th best Star Wars movie.

But it's going to end up as the highest grossing movie in cinema history. I'd say it's safe to say it lived up to and even exceeded expectations

On 2.1.2016 at 10:51 PM, M!ke said:

If that's what you were expecting then I'm sorry you were disappointed.  I for one wasn't expecting some masterpiece, I was expecting an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster in the same vein as Abrams' first Star Trek, which is exactly what we got. 

Well that's odd. Aren't you a Star Wars fan? Why settle for mediocrity?