SW The Force Awakens [SPOILER THREAD]

Ghent

yeah but that is pretty epic when you think of the counter between vader/luke

Vader refused to do destroy Luke, and from that turned to the light
Ben/Ren instead pulls from the light and destroys Han, making me love the characer that bit more and HOPING Disney dont make him redeemable. Id rather he gets more torn up, destroys snoke from going nuts and then basically has to be put down because hes just fkn psycho...the chest beating was my tipping point, im like this dude is fkn nuts and i love it. He knows hes fuelled by pain and anger so hes making more of it himself

• Like 1

Scene did seem a bit off like so predictable and han solo isn't that naive....

Rey seemingly picking up the force almost instantly made me roll my eyes like its that easy?? Took Luke 3 films and she is beating klyo ren who looks a total badass through out! 

Apart from that I loved it not just for nostalgia but its just a great movie, pisses all over the prequels its unreal ! If only they did the prequels this way they could of been amazing! :(

My mind was blown and it was a great movie, these gripes are indeed ridic considering the scope of what we just witnessed. I could have easily sat there for another two hours, really had no clue it was ending in that moment which was probably the point of the cutoff. Luke was looking a lil too dramatic but hey he had two seconds to be in the movie.

• Like 1

I didn't understand why he was beating his chest, I thought it was related to something he was trying to make happen, didn't think it was just him beating his chest in rage.

I love Adam Driver so I'm biased but I thought he did a good job of being the mess of a villain that the character is.

They already established that kylo is mentally unstable, he's still feeling a pull between the light and dark side. He kills his own father and while he might not be feeling remorse he still feels the light side nagging at him.

When he's fighting rey he's already been hit my chewie and again by Finn, so he's physical wounded and mentally not 100% in the game at this point. So rey beating him felt plausible to me. At this point she's discovering what she can do and she's pissed off,kylo is weak so she can beat him.

He's going back to snoke for more training and now rey needs to train so she can beat him when he's at the top of his game.

He had tears brewing in his eyes, which was a weird moment. Probably just confusion and frustration, but God damn. 

I think I watched that like I watch Game of Thrones, thinking "oh there's magic and shit he's not really dead." But he's really dead I guess.

Kylo was damn cool.  Thought the movie was average-acceptable overall.  If I had to chose liking it or not liking it i'd chose the latter.  Too much of a rehash, lazy, marvel-fied, the score was a big disappointment.  I just hope 8 will be the true entry in the Sequel trilogy, this wasn't.

3/5 but barely.

Very good: ANH, ESB

Good: ROTJ, ROTS, TCW Series

Acceptable: TFA

Not Good: TPM, AOTC

Yes, I like ROTS more than TFA overall.

1 hour ago, ungroovy said:

I didn't understand why he was beating his chest, I thought it was related to something he was trying to make happen, didn't think it was just him beating his chest in rage.

I love Adam Driver so I'm biased but I thought he did a good job of being the mess of a villain that the character is.

From what most are speculating the beating of the chest on his wound was to make him more hurt/angrier which would fuel the dark side in him.

well thats the thing in the end hes not meant to be coz their was still good in him. If they do the same thing people will be a lot more bummed about that then this one being so close to ANH

What i want is Kylo just showed us he is full Dark. let him just be a monster that has to be stopped.

Yeah I don't want them to do a redemption story for Kylo. I'm hoping Rey is his sister or cousin and she offs him in ep9.

He fucking killed Han Solo, there is no redemption from that.

Also, who the fuck is Snoke and what's his deal? Can't believe we didn't even get a hint.

Yeah i agree with some reports that it left too much up for the coming eps. But i guess when they know 100% they have 2 more films coming they can do that. It's just for the fans right now it doesnt paint the best picture. 

"howd you get that lightsaber" 
"a good question for another time"

I mean ugh i was upset at that part.

• Like 1