RedLetterMedia

redhotbrianpeppers

I mentioned RedLetterMedia in the Star Wars thread, but I figured I'd make a separate thread about it. I got into them probably 5 years ago with the Plinket Star Wars reviews, and have been following them closely ever since. Goddamn do I love me some RedLetterMedia. I'll post a few videos that you folks may not have seen.

No, the Prometheus one is just a "Half in the Bag" short video. I'll break down all the RedLetterMedia shows (as seen on www.redlettermedia.com):

Half in the Bag - Mike and Jay sit down to discuss 1 or 2 new movies. It's mostly just 30 minutes to an hour of them critiquing the movies and making jokes. There's also always a really loose plot in which they are VCR repairmen, usually in Plinket's house pretending to work on his VCR, but really just drinking and talking about movies. Although Mike does the voice of Plinket in the Plinket reviews, internet superstar Rich Evans plays Plinket in HITB.

Best of the Worst - Most of the crew (which is pretty much Mike, Jay, Rich, Jack, and Wizard), and sometimes a guest or 2, sit down to watch 3 really awful films, and then 4 of them sit down at a table to discuss and decide which is the "best of the worst," and which must be destroyed. They play funny clips from the films throughout. BOTW is fucking hilarious a lot of the times.

Pre-Rec - Rich and Jack sit down to talk about 1 or 2 video games they've started playing. It's not as good as the other shows, because Rich and Jack don't really know games like Mike and Jay know movies. They're usually pretty short though, and they're okay, so I watch them. Plus, every moment with Rich Evans is precious.

Then there are obviously the big Plinket reviews, which they only have a few of. They also do commentary tracks for some films, but you have to pay to download those so I haven't really heard many. All the other content is free. They've also made a few horrible movies and are soon going to release Space Cop, which I'm very excited about.

If you've seen some Plinket reviews, you know that they are really really good at comedic editing. This is where a lot of the big laughs come from. They're also super likable guys in general. At first, you'll probably hate Rich Evans and think his laugh is annoying, but I promise you will love the fuck out of him after a while.

And there's your beginner guide to RedLetterMedia.