Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi News, Rumors, Trailers, SPOILER WARNING

Chewy030

I'd say "ripping the movie apart" is a major exaggeration.

He expressed concern before it even came out about his philosophical differences about the character he imagined and what he played. He did it after The Force Awakens too.

I think you should see the movie Oliver. There's a reason it's getting so much praise outside of the hardcore fanboys. It's a fresh take on SW that is worth seeing so that you can judge yourself. It's uncomfortable, but right.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

So Mark Hamill is ripping this movie apart now.

I still haven't seen it, and kind of have less and less desire.

If you going into the movie with the mindset you won't like it chances are you won't like it. This is a huge reason i hardly read reviews on any movie i go see before i go see it.  Especially when it comes to movies like Star Wars. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I know. I just totally agreed with him on the last movie killing Han Solo and him not being there, and not appearing till the end. So he might be on point. I am going to have to see it for myself.

I was not a big fan of the last one, I'd put it on par with Attack of the Clones. Only beating out the Phantom Menace.

This is why the second installment is just not really giving me the giggles.

I loved Rogue 1 though.

3 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah, but I mean its not reviews.

Its Mark Hamill.

And before the movie he was hyping it, making memes, pleading for people not to spoil it, and praising Rian Johnson.

It's Mark Hamill. Dude is weird. Who knows what his real thoughts are on anything.

All we know is he hasn't seen SW since 1997 and is more proud of his role as the voice of the Joker than Luke Skywalker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

And before the movie he was hyping it, making memes, pleading for people not to spoil it, and praising Rian Johnson.

It's Mark Hamill. Dude is weird. Who knows what his real thoughts are on anything.

All we know is he hasn't seen SW since 1997 and is more proud of his role as the voice of the Joker than Luke Skywalker.

To be fair, when I read comics and Joker speaks I hear Mark Hamill's voice in my head. Not Nicholson, not Ledger, not Leto, not Romero. So I can see why he might think that personally. Though he should still be proud of Luke.

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

haha i LOVED space Leia.

I never saw it coming and it would have been totally lame if she left the saga without displaying any real force power as the daughter of Anakin.

Haha yeah it was honestly one of my favorite parts.

And even though it makes things complicated for the next movie, there was something oddly comforting about seeing Carrie Fisher's character essentially come back from the dead. I'm gonna miss her next time around.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ghent said:

to be fair his Joker is amazing. Id probably put his Joker above him as Luke...especially after TLJ

The last persons opinion I would want about a character would be from the actor portraying them. They are never going to see that character in an objective light, because they will have projected themselves into them. 

Also, as a not major SW fan, I always thought Luke was fucking annoying in the original trilogy. I actually liked him in TLJ, there just seemed to be a bit more there than just 'insert hero character here'

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

The last persons opinion I would want about a character would be from the actor portraying them. They are never going to see that character in an objective light, because they will have projected themselves into them. 

Also, as a not major SW fan, I always thought Luke was fucking annoying in the original trilogy. I actually liked him in TLJ, there just seemed to be a bit more there than just 'insert hero character here'

I will agree here. Luke was always the worst in the originals imo.  

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Well he spent a lot of time and effort hyping the movie and saying how great Rian Johnson was

I don't doubt it, but he's not allowed to be disparaging prior to the films release. I don't think he's being dishonest about it, but he can't exactly be objective until some time away from the project and some of the glow has waned.