Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi News, Rumors, Trailers, SPOILER WARNING

Chewy030

Really enjoyed the movie. Has some issues but a satisfying SW film for me, makes me excited for the future of Star Wars and does a lot of things that frankly needed to be done in order for the series to have longevity.

TFA: 4.5/10

TLJ: 8.5/10

If only Johnson was directing the third movie. I hope that he managed to change so much that JJ just gives up on choosing to be as lame as possible and does something more in the spirit of this movie, now that Johnson has gone and made all of his new characters enjoyable.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2017 at 8:32 PM, decisions said:

Really enjoyed the movie. Has some issues but a satisfying SW film for me, makes me excited for the future of Star Wars and does a lot of things that frankly needed to be done in order for the series to have longevity.

TFA: 4.5/10

TLJ: 8.5/10

If only Johnson was directing the third movie. I hope that he managed to change so much that JJ just gives up on choosing to be as lame as possible and does something more in the spirit of this movie, now that Johnson has gone and made all of his new characters enjoyable.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Saw it again tonight. My new biggest fear is JJ retconning Johnson's retcons. I can just imagine the horror of episode 9 starting with Kylo putting his stupid fucking mask back on. And Rey ends up being Luke's long lost daughter. And then he'll cheaply kill off Chewie, R2 or 3PO for no reason other than to make a lame new bad guy look badass.

Honestly considering almost all the characters I hated from Force Awakens were interesting and had some depth in TLJ truly shows how talented Johnson is as a director. No, not everything landed but I'd rather have a director take risks and fail than make a cookie cutter movie like episode 7.

And this is coming from a guy who devoted 6 long years to Lost, so there's no real vendetta against Abrams. All I know is he's directed a mediocre star wars movie, a mediocre star trek movie and a mediocre mission impossible movie. Why Kathleen Kennedy is giving him the keys to the kingdom.... I'll never, ever know. Hope he proves me wrong so I can eat my words.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what movie you guys have been watching, but this has been absolutely awful.

3/10 (only for the cute animals)

Johnson obviously doesn't understand SW at all - or he must hate it. The completely cringeworthy attempts of adding humor to this movie and the awkward transformation of characters is unvorgivable IMO. This has been one long journey of WTF did just happen and fuck no, XY would NEVER do something like that. It just didn't make sense and is by miles the worst "SW" movie ever.

On 22.12.2017 at 6:11 PM, Olidamus said:

So Mark Hamill is ripping this movie apart now.

I still haven't seen it, and kind of have less and less desire.

You know what, I was so happy to finally see this movie and what can I say, if you loved the OT,  this piece of nonsense is pretty much just heartbreaking.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:59 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I don't doubt it, but he's not allowed to be disparaging prior to the films release. I don't think he's being dishonest about it, but he can't exactly be objective until some time away from the project and some of the glow has waned. 

On 12/24/2017 at 7:01 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Also apparently the film had a big drop in sales this weekend, and it might be from SW fatigue. 

It's made 800 million dollars so far

4 minutes ago, Jane said:

They should stop making these movies.

I don't think they should stop making them, I just think that they should stop rapid firing movies for the sake of output. Take time to create something worthwhile and add quality to the franchise instead of bleeding it dry. Unfortunately, Disney doesn't work that way and they will bleed it dry.

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't think they should stop making them, I just think that they should stop rapid firing movies for the sake of output. Take time to create something worthwhile and add quality to the franchise instead of bleeding it dry. Unfortunately, Disney doesn't work that way and they will bleed it dry.

All they want is milk the SW cow obviously. So I'd still prefer them to stop altogether instead of putting out crap. If they'd actually take their time and create something of quality, different story. But not happening.

So Last Jedi was a disappointment to many, Battlefront the game was a shitty reboot, Rogue One I hear is pointless, Force Awakens imo is the worst of all.  They pay every major reviewer to give it an illusion of high quality it seems like.

They're really not doing the franchise well.  After all the heat the prequels got, at least the atmosphere for Star Wars was still high.  The directing was bad but at least we got cool new aspect anyone admired like the clones, Fett, droids, other Jedis, etc.  Everything surrounding it, games, adaptations, etc was at a high.

Maybe I've grown tired of it, but it feels like I'm not alone.  The idea of a new trilogy never excited me much to begin with though, considering Vader/Luke was the whole story and it was over with.