Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi News, Rumors, Trailers, SPOILER WARNING

Chewy030

55 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i didn't care for Force Awakens or Rogue One. is this one at least better than those? seems like a waste of time if its on par or worse. 

I thought it was significantly better than TFA, and it's hard to compare with Rogue One but I liked this one quite a bit more.

It's one of the best Star Wars movies in my opinion. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If you didn’t like either of those then you probably just don’t like Star Wars. So I’m sure TLJ would suck for you too 

Not true, and dumb.  I love Empire, thoroughly enjoyed ROTJ, New Hope, and all the games, nerdiness around it. I don't even mind Episode 1 and 3.

Hated hated A New Force Awakens. Didn't like TLJ much at all. To each their own.

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

If you didn’t like either of those then you probably just don’t like Star Wars. So I’m sure TLJ would suck for you too 

i like Empire Strikes Back and appreciate ROTJ. I was obsessed with Star Wars as a kid. I loved playing Rebel Assault, Dark Forces, Tie Fighter, and Shadows of the Empire. I owned a R2D2 cassette player and would listen to the film and video game scores with it all of the time.

as an adult, the nostalgia really isn't enough to blow my load over the entire franchise but i keep giving these things a shot. rian johnson is a pretty good filmmaker. so, i have higher expectations for this one. if you think its worse than Force Awakens, i'll probably like it better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevin. said:

i like Empire Strikes Back and appreciate ROTJ. I was obsessed with Star Wars as a kid. I loved playing Rebel Assault, Dark Forces, Tie Fighter, and Shadows of the Empire. I owned a R2D2 cassette player and would listen to the film and video game scores with it all of the time.

as an adult, the nostalgia really isn't enough to blow my load over the entire franchise but i keep giving these things a shot. rian johnson is a pretty good filmmaker. so, i have higher expectations for this one. if you think its worse than Force Awakens, i'll probably like it better. 

Shit or get off the pot, Kevin.

No need to namby-pamby your way around the toilet seat.

It's a god damn movie for christsake, it's mindless entertainment; see it or don't, who cares, just don't over think it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

none of these posts are convincing and there are like ten other movies i could see in the theater right now so i guess i'll pass on this

It is better than Force Awakens, it is its own story and not a complete nostalgia grab, although it does have elements of that.

Im not a huge Star Wars person but I thought it was worthwhile, I'd recommend it. 

• Like 1

The more I think about it the less I like this movie. Gonna see go see it again tomorrow and maybe I’ll like it more or realize it’s actually not that great.

It kind of feels like Rian Johnson hated The Force Awakens and went out of his way to make this extremely different and not answer any of the big questions TFA left us with.

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The more I think about it the less I like this movie. Gonna see go see it again tomorrow and maybe I’ll like it more or realize it’s actually not that great.

It kind of feels like Rian Johnson hated The Force Awakens and went out of his way to make this extremely different and not answer any of the big questions TFA left us with.

To be fair, Force Awakens was the biggest trash in the franchise outside of episode 2.

On 16.12.2017 at 11:37 PM, Nshesaid said:

This is getting really divisive reviews.  Either ppl love it and placing in their top 3/4 or they think it's the worst Star Wars yet.

43% rotten tomatoes user score.

That RT score is clearly manipulated by troll groups.

check it out, lots of one-review “users“ rating it negative

A lot of fans are crying because they've been waiting for Luke to return since 1983, and they had a different idea of what would become of him. ROTJ ended with him being a hero, and now we found out that he's not that hero at all anymore. But on itself, it's an enjoyable movie. Of course it has plot holes, but what Star Wars movie doesn't have plot holes. People just take these movies way too seriously.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I really disagree. I mean, we didn't find out who Snoke is but honestly I don't think that actually matters, and it doesn't mean we won't find out. We did find out more about Reys background (and personally, I massively prefer the outcome they went for) we have a better understanding of the new characters, and Luke's return was actually fucking great. I really don't see how it could have been done better. It wasn't so different from The Force Awakens that it feels intentional, there's just more meat on the bones and it isn't as paint by numbers as TFA was, that's all. 

• Like 2