Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi News, Rumors, Trailers, SPOILER WARNING

Chewy030

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hope this is epic since I like the director, but my expectations are grounded due to episode 7. I dont think 8 or 9 will live up any of the original trilogy unfortunately.  I hope im wrong

Episode 7 turned out to be exactly what I thought it would be.. I love Abrams, but I knew his ceiling/weaknesses. 

I was impressed by his restraint. I wasn't blinded by lens flares during episode 7 at all! 

As someone who never loved Star Wars and had very little interest going into it's revival, I think Episode 7 was fab and fun and I'm really looking forward to both Rogue One and episode 8. 

It kills me that we still have to wait another year for ep 8. Though it's still shorter than the wait between episodes was in the past, so I can't really complain I guess.

Can't wait for Rogue One and I just ordered the Rogue One prequel novel "Catalyst" to hype myself up even more!

On another note, I got sick the other day, so while I was in bed I binge-watched what has aired so far of Rebels season 3. I got chills every time Thrawn was on screen. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/27/mark-hamill-blasts-trump-s-cabinet-it-s-a-who-s-who-of-really-despicable-people.html

Not to bring politics into Star Wars, but whenever people like Alex Jones try to co-opt Star Wars it for their own personal crazy, at least MH is throwing that shit back into their face.

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Luke trains Rey. Luke dies leaving Rey the last Jedi. 

So just like how Yoda trained Luke and then died.  I sure hope that these films don't just keep repeating themselves.  It was ok with The Force Awakens, because that was like a reintroduction to the world, it was acceptable there, but if every movie moving forward is just relying on only imagery and storylines introduced to the series in its original trilogy then it's going to lose me.  

In terms of the title, its a bit underwhelming, certainly not a particularly exciting title, but from a franchise that has a film titled Attack of the Clones; its really not so bad.