Where is that Davey guy? Is what is said in this news article true??

ben182tx

On 2/24/2016 at 1:34 PM, Poet Danderson said:

Couple of average (at very best) songs and a worse version of Waggy....yeah it's def up there...

Wrecked Him and Zulu are great songs! Waggy is a great song, even if the DR version is better. DEFINITELY up there!

• Like 1

On 2/22/2016 at 5:36 AM, Poet Danderson said:

I don't even dislike him, I just think it's funny. 

He did have an annoying above everyone attitude though, there is no denying that. Hipster fan, I mean how can anyone honestly say the best thing that Blink EVER put out was They Came to Conquer Uranus?

hi everyone, thanks for all the kind words since i was last on the board.

as far as i know, the articles that bounced around in 2001 about the buddha tape (there was that EBX one, and some in san diego as well) are fairly true to the story. pat was selling the remaining tapes he had to fans via mail (if you could track him down) and yes kung fu and lawyers etc did get involved. here is the most recent post on the topic:

https://yerdoingreat.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/how-blink-182-screwed-my-friend-out-of-over-500000/

it's a shame the way pat was treated by the band, especially given his close friendship with mark.

as for TCTCU being the best thing blink ever put out, indeed that is my opinion. and this is not some hipster 'they were better back then' BS, that's simply my view as a fan. your mileage will vary, particularly if you got first exposed to the band later in their career.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2016 at 4:34 AM, Poet Danderson said:

Couple of average (at very best) songs and a worse version of Waggy....yeah it's def up there...

i much prefer the uranus version to the dude ranch version. it's faster, and doesn't have the outtro refrains ("it's never over 'til it's done") which were written in the studio.

every time I read these articles, I can't help but to laugh at those dumbasses.

a dude spends his own money to record some band's demo without signing any paperwork, can't keep up with the growing popularity of the band as the demand for the tape increases, then the band takes their music and licenses it to a label with global distribution.

I recently noticed this sticker on my old guitar case. At the time, I thought it was ridiculous for him to get these printed with his name on it.  He was the exact opposite of an egomaniac. He just wanted to be part of it all. Strange to see it now.

Like how fucking dumb is this? He put out a blink sticker with "Fidler Records" on it when they weren't even signed to his label. They merely just added a name to the demo they created with their friend. Like good for you dude, that is cool. But come on, that's lame as fuck to claim them like that when they weren't signed to his label. The fact he was still selling them long after that is pretty skeevy on his end. Dude should be elated he made money off a friend's DEMO.

On 3/2/2016 at 0:44 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Like how fucking dumb is this? He put out a blink sticker with "Fidler Records" on it when they weren't even signed to his label. They merely just added a name to the demo they created with their friend. Like good for you dude, that is cool. But come on, that's lame as fuck to claim them like that when they weren't signed to his label. The fact he was still selling them long after that is pretty skeevy on his end. Dude should be elated he made money off a friend's DEMO.

it's FILTER records. and it was what he called his venture. and he did release more than just the buddha tape on it. so despite being a one man show with a pager, it was still "a label." no different than fat putting their logo on new face to face album stickers.

pat put up ALL the money to record buddha, a studio demo. and he never sold a single buddha tape, even years later, for more than the original five dollars they went for at shows. i knew pat, and he was one of the good guys.

it's probably LEGAL what blink did. it was also probably WRONG. as in "Totally within their rights and totally uncool." :-\

19 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

The article said he did and the band and him split the profits. He even states that blinks legal team caught him selling them. 

they did. they caught him selling the tapes to kids who found his snail mail address and wrote him. for $5.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 29, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Speedo said:

Way to go, Ben. Fucking asshole.

No, prob. Look it's March...here is my monthly post. bye bye for now.

On February 29, 2016 at 1:00 PM, daveyjones said:

hi everyone, thanks for all the kind words since i was last on the board.

as far as i know, the articles that bounced around in 2001 about the buddha tape (there was that EBX one, and some in san diego as well) are fairly true to the story. pat was selling the remaining tapes he had to fans via mail (if you could track him down) and yes kung fu and lawyers etc did get involved. here is the most recent post on the topic:

https://yerdoingreat.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/how-blink-182-screwed-my-friend-out-of-over-500000/

it's a shame the way pat was treated by the band, especially given his close friendship with mark.

as for TCTCU being the best thing blink ever put out, indeed that is my opinion. and this is not some hipster 'they were better back then' BS, that's simply my view as a fan. your mileage will vary, particularly if you got first exposed to the band later in their career.

Hey thanks for responding and posting a "update" of sorts concerning the matter

• Like 1