88th Academy Awards

theedge00

Will Leo finally win his Oscar tonight??!

7f087300-a2b4-11e3-9e93-91c9ce28b681_leo

Opening monologue should be good this year, can't wait what Chris has to say about the whole #oscarsowhite thing lmfao.

BEST PICTURE

The Big Short

Bridge of Spies

Brooklyn

Mad Max: Fury Road

The Martian

The Revenant

Room

Spotlight

Any favourites?

Live stream:

I rarely care for the films that make the academy list, but Mad Max was stunning visually and the danish girl definitely deserves something... cant remember what its nominated for, though. 

and I havent seen the revenant but I want leo to get it finally regardless of which film - poor bastard lol

Idk if it was just the mood I was in or something, but I thought Mad Max was borderline unwatchable. About 40 minutes in I was like "holy shit, this movie is going to be one continuous action sequence - how ambitious!" Then an hour later it was more like "holy shit, what's the most humane way for me to destroy my own eyes?" It was the same 2 minutes of action over and over and over and over. And we didn't really know anything about the characters, so motivation or investment is pretty much out the window.

Kung Fury was nonstop action, but they limited it to like half an hour. And even still, the scenes and action sequences were way more varied. I just don't understand how so many people were able to sit through Mad Max without getting bored. Hateful 8, Bridge of Spies, the Revenant - all great films.